|NUDE PICTURES: 57|
|Gemma Ward GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 2,585|
|LAST UPDATED: February 13, 2019|
Gemma Ward Biography
- Gemma Ward was born in Perth, Australia in 1987 and started her model career in the year 2002. When she was 15 years old, she was discovered in the audience of "Search for a Supermodel" (2000), an Australian television show. At the age of 16, she was selected by Anna Wintour (fashion editor) to be feature in the "It Girls" of the supermodel world. According to modeling and fashion statistics, she was the youngest model on the Vogue cover. Gemma has joined top brand fashion designer shows, such as Christian Dior , Prada, Gucci, Yves Saint-Laurent, etc. Working next to fashion models like Karolina Kurkova, Gisele Bundchen and Natalia Vodianova.
Gemma Ward Filmography
- (2013) The Great Gatsby as Languid Girl
- (2011) Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides as Tamara — First Mermaid
- (2008) The Black Balloon as Jackie Masters
- (2008) The Strangers as Dollface
- (2005) 20 to 1 as Herself (archive footage)
- (2001) Pink Pyjamas as Heidi
Gemma Ward Trivia and Facts
- She can earn between $10,000 and $20,000 for a catwalk show and up to $100,000 for ad campaigns.
- Represents Liano, Prada, YSL, Prada, Balenciaga, Lanvin, Hermès, Bulgari, Dior, Isetan, Jil Sander, and Versace
- Is in the agency of IMG, the most Elite modeling Agency around with top models such as Tyra Banks , Gisele Bundchen and Heidi Klum.
- Her older sister, Sophie Ward , was a model, but stopped because she thought it was boring.
- Shared an apartment with her best friend in New York City. Before she found an apartment she even slept on her friends couch!
- Her favorite movie is Almost Famous (2000).
- Fan of Bob Marley .
- Says her everyday look is a bit more scruffy than the clothes she models.
- Wanted to be a actress when she was younger.
- Her name means precious stone in Italian.
- Educated at the Presbyterian Ladies College and Shenton College.
- Has younger twin brothers, Oscar and Henry Ward.
- Appeared on the Spring 2005 cover of TIME Magazines Style & Design issue.
- At age 18, Ward became the first model ever to appear on the cover of Teen Vogue magazine.
- Declared one of the top 30 models of the 2000s by Vogue Paris.
- Appeared on the cover of the first Vogue China magazine issue. 300,000 copies of the magazine were sold in the first 3 hours.
- Featured in 32 Vogue magazine covers from 2004-2007.
- She was named as one of the Breakout Stars to Watch for in 2011 by MTV Networks NextMovie.com.
- Ranked #30 in the 2008 FHM Australia list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".
Gemma Ward Quotes
- I came to watch my friends. I was sitting there in the crowd when the agent from Perth came over. I didnt even want to enter, it was a bit of chance. I was so shocked when I got my first job.
- I never really cared about what I looked like.
- I wanted to be like an actor or a comedian for a little while, because I was always wanting to make people laugh, and being stupid, so I never thought Id be doing a job where you always have to look nice, and polished and sophisticated.
- Some girls get swept up in the lifestyle-clubbing and partying with celebrities. You cant live your life like that, though. Its fake.
- I grew up on the beach. It was such a luxury to wake up to the sun and the ocean. - From Teen Vogue
Gemma Ward Photoshoots
- "Vogue" (USA), March 2006
- "Harper's Bazaar" (USA), March 2006, by: Karl Lagerfeld, "...And God Created Woman"
- "Vogue" (USA), February 2006, by: Tim Walker, "The Handmades Tale"
- "Vogue" (USA), February 2006, by: Steven Meisel, "Coat Check"
- "Vogue" (USA), December 2005, by: Steven Meisel, "Glamorama"
- "Vogue" (USA), November 2005, by: Mario Testino, "Like A Virgin"
- "Vogue" (USA), September 2005, by: Mario Testino, "Lipstick Lust"
- "Harper's Bazaar" (USA), March 2005
- "Harper's Bazaar" (USA), February 2005
- "Vogue" (USA), January 2005, by: Craig McDean, "Back In Business"
- "Vogue" (USA), November 2004, "The Big Chill"
- "Harper's Bazaar" (USA), October 2004
- "Vogue" (USA), September 2004, by: Steven Klein, "Day Dreams"
- "Harper's Bazaar" (USA), May 2004