|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Mageina Tovah GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 228|
|LAST UPDATED: October 22, 2012|
Mageina Tovah Biography
- Mageina Tovah (born July 26, 1979) is an American actress. She is best known for her roles as Glynis Figliola in the television series Joan of Arcadia and as Ursula Ditkovich in the Spider-Man films. Tovah was born Mageina Begtrup in Honolulu, Hawaii, where her father was a US Army psychiatrist in the Green Berets, and her mother was an Army physical therapist. Her family later settled in Clarksville, Tennessee and then moved to Nashville. Mageina has a sister, Rebecca Begtrup, who is a pediatrician and psychiatrist in New Orleans, Louisiana. Mageina attended Martin Luther King Junior Magnet High School in Nashville, Tennessee. She skipped a year of high school, taking both her Junior year of honors English and her Senior year of AP English at the same time. She graduated from high school at the age of 16. For college, Mageina started at The California Institute of the Arts, and graduated Magna Cum Laude from the USC in three and a half years. She later moved to New York and Los Angeles.
Mageina Tovah Filmography
- (2014) Holy Land as Mrs. R
- (2013) Decoding Annie Parker as Ellen
- (2012) Neighbors as Sara Jerritt
- (2012) Scandal as Molly
- (2012) Scandal as Molly Ackerman
- (2012) The Factory as Brittany
- (2012) The Finder as Joyce Weatherby
- (2011) American Horror Story as Bianca
- (2011) Breakout Kings as Jill Kincaid
- (2011) Shameless as Kim Furtado
- (2010) Chase as Missy
- (2009) Hung as Christina
- (2009) Lie to Me as Natalie
- (2009) Southland as Misty
- (2008) Dream from Leaving as
- (2008) The Mentalist as Constance
- (2008) The Walking Wounded as Sadie
- (2007) Live! as Kelly
- (2007) Private Practice as Rebecca Hobart
- (2007) Spider-Man 3 as Ursula
- (2006) Bickford Shmeckler's Cool Ideas as Sam
- (2006) Dark Heart as Jessica
- (2006) Failure to Launch as Barista (uncredited)
- (2006) In from the Night as Priscilla Miller
- (2006) Standoff as Gwen Keegan
- (2005) Bones as Madame Nina
- (2005) Waterborne as Lillian
- (2004) CSI: NY as Eva Mason
- (2004) Do Geese See God? as Rose Vendor
- (2004) Interwoven: the Women of Spider-Man as Herself
- (2004) Sleepover as Girl on Phone
- (2004) Spider-Man 2 as Ursula
- (2004) The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie as Usher
- (2004) Y.M.I. as Nevermore
- (2003) Cold Case as Crystal Eckersdorf
- (2003) Hope Abandoned as Maid (as Mageina Tovah Begtrup)
- (2003) Joan of Arcadia as Glynis Figliola
- (2003) The Pool at Maddy Breaker's as Louise
- (2002) Dine & Shine as
- (2002) Half & Half as Ginny
- (2002) Reflections of Evil as
- (2002) The Shield as Farrah
- (2001) Crossing Jordan as Laura Bennett
- (2001) Six Feet Under as Pink-Haired Girl
- (2001) The Guardian as Debbie
- (2001) Virus Man as Young Girl
- (2000) Boston Public as
- (2000) Strong Medicine as Trinity
- (1997) Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Jonesing Girl
- (1993) NYPD Blue as Anne Knepper
Mageina Tovah Trivia and Facts
- Earned a Bachelor of Arts Theatre Degree from the University of Southern California after spending a year in the BFA program at the California Institute of the Arts.
- Grew up in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Attended Martin Luther King Junior Magnet High School for Health, Sciences and Engineering in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Skipped a year of high school, taking both her Junior year of honors English and her Senior year of AP English at the same time. She graduated high school at the age of 16.
Mageina Tovah Other Works
- Appeared in Christina Aguilera's music video for "Beautiful."
- Is in an MTV commercial (2003).
- TV commercial for OperationGraduation.com (2005).
Mageina Tovah Trademarks
- Extremely slender actress who usually plays attractive but clumsy young girls with unrequited crushes.