|NUDE PICTURES: 22|
|Rachel Bilson GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 21,850|
|LAST UPDATED: April 4, 2018|
Rachel Bilson Biography
- Born and raised in Los Angeles, Rachel Bilson began acting while still at Notre Dame High School. She graduated high school in 1999 and went to Grossmont College but dropped out after a year and was encouraged to pursue a career in acting by her father, Danny Bilson, himself a writer, director and producer. She worked in commercials and landed a few one-off roles in high profile TV shows before landing the part of Summer Roberts in the hit TV series "The O.C." (2003), establishing herself as a household name.
Rachel Bilson Filmography
- (2013) The To Do List as Amber
- (2012) Call Me Doctor as Herself
- (2011) Hart of Dixie as Dr. Zoe Hart
- (2011) L!fe Happens as Laura
- (2011) Teen Choice 2011 as Herself
- (2010) Spike TV VGA Video Game Awards as Herself
- (2010) The Talk as Herself - Guest
- (2010) Waiting for Forever as Emma Twist
- (2009) Late Night with Jimmy Fallon as Herself - Guest
- (2009) New York, I Love You as Molly (segment "Wen Jiang")
- (2008) Doug Liman's Jumper: Uncensored as Herself (uncredited)
- (2008) Entertainers with Byron Allen as Herself - Guest
- (2008) Jumper as Millie
- (2008) The Bonnie Hunt Show as Herself
- (2008) The Wendy Williams Show as Herself - Guest
- (2007) Chelsea Lately as Herself - Guest
- (2007) Chuck as Lou
- (2007) Film Independent's 2007 Spirit Awards as Herself
- (2007) Gossip Girl as Herself (uncredited)
- (2007) Spike TV VGA Video Game Awards as Herself
- (2007) Up Close with Carrie Keagan as Herself
- (2006) The Last Kiss as Kim
- (2005) Entertainment Tonight Canada as Herself
- (2005) Fashion Rocks as Herself
- (2005) How I Met Your Mother as Cindy
- (2005) Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List as Herself
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself
- (2005) The Teen Choice Awards 2005 as Herself - Attendee
- (2004) I Love the '90s as Herself
- (2004) On-Air with Ryan Seacrest as Herself
- (2004) Project Runway as Herself - Guest Judge
- (2004) The 30th Annual People's Choice Awards as Herself
- (2004) The O.C.: A Day in the Life as Herself/Summer Roberts
- (2004) The O.C.: Obsess Completely as Herself/Summer Roberts
- (2004) The Teen Choice Awards 2004 as Herself
- (2003) Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show as Herself
- (2003) Jimmy Kimmel Live! as Herself
- (2003) Punk'd as Herself
- (2003) Style Star as Herself
- (2003) The 2003 Billboard Music Awards as Herself
- (2003) The O.C. as Summer Roberts
- (2003) Unbroken as Rachel
- (2002) 8 Simple Rules... for Dating My Teenage Daughter as Gum Chewing Girl
- (2002) Fashion Police as Herself
- (1999) The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn as Herself
- (1998) That '70s Show as Christy
- (1998) Total Request Live as Herself
- (1997) Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Colleen
- (1997) The View as Herself
- (1996) E! News Daily as Herself
- (1995) MADtv as Summer Roberts
- (1993) Late Night with Conan O'Brien as Herself
- (1993) Late Show with David Letterman as Herself - Guest
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself - Guest
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
- (1952) Today as Herself - Guest
Rachel Bilson Trivia and Facts
- Graduated from Notre Dame High School in 1999
- Participated in stage productions of "Bye Bye Birdie," "Once Upon A Mattress" and "The Crucible."
- She has two younger step-sisters: Hattie Elizabeth Bilson who was born on December 19, 2001 and Rosemary Bilson who was born February 10, 2007. Their mother is Heather Medway.
- Grandaughter of Bruce Bilson
- Niece of Julie Ahlberg
- Was a recurring character on "The O.C." (2003) until she was offered a contract, and became a regular. She was added to the opening credits in the episode, "The Countdown".
- Has a passion for basketball and is a fan of the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Resides in a two-bedroom condo in Hollywood Hills that has been in her family for years with her best friend.
- Some of her favorite actors include Kate Winslet , Johnny Depp , Audrey Hepburn , and Woody Allen.
- Is the spokesperson for Bongo jeans.
- Daughter of writer/director Danny Bilson and stepdaughter of Heather Medway.
- Great-granddaughter of George Bilson and Hattie Bilson
- She likes to collect vintage shoes and purses.
- Attended the same high school (Notre Dame High School in Los Angeles) as Kirsten Dunst , but was a grade ahead of her, and Katharine McPhee.
- Named #6 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2005 list.
- Ranked as #77 in FHMs "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- At age 14, she was involved in a head-on car accident, was unconscious for 4 days and as a result has a scar above her right eyebrow.
- Split from her boyfriend of over two years, her "The O.C." (2003) co-star Adam Brody .
- Ranked #39 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2007 list.
- Is of Italian ancestry on her mothers side, and her father is Jewish.
- Ranked #28 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2008 list.
- Was engaged to her Jumper (2008) co-star and then boyfriend Hayden Christensen from February 2009 until June 2010.
- She has partnered with DKNY to create and market a designer jeans line called Edie Rose.
- Is best friend with Mischa Barton and Samaire Armstrong.
- She has described herself as having a "vintage" sense of style, and noted Kate Moss and Diane Keaton. as inspirations.
- Shes InStyles columnist.
- Has two younger half- sisters, Hattie & Rosemary, from her fathers second marriage.
- Learned to play the piano after a serious car accident when she was younger to help with her hand eye coordination.
- On September 20, 2008, Rachel acted as maid of honor during the wedding of her close friend, Jill Stonerick, to "The O.C." (2003) creator Josh Schwartz . She also designed the dresses for the bridesmaids.
- Shares a birthday of August 25 with her great-grandfather George Bilson.
- Ranked #49 in the 2011 FHM Australia list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".
- Ranked #34 in the 2010 FHM UK list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".
- Auditioned for Rapunzel in Tangled (2010) but lost out to Mandy Moore .
Rachel Bilson Quotes
- I grew up sort of like a princess. I know that sounds awful, but I was the baby of the family. I had older brothers, so the little girl always gets everything she wants. As Ive gotten older, Ive realized that if you want something bad enough, you can have it. Ive never gone after something I didnt get. Not yet.
- Its great playing someone who is not like me at all. Im really a nice girl, so its fun to be a bitch, then come home and be myself again. When I meet people now, theyre surprised that Im a good person.
- I love the fact that we play people who are not like us at all and we can just go crazy at work and then be very normal after filming.
- I feel very lucky to work in the environment that I work in. Im surrounded by people that I love and care about and who make me laugh every day. I get to work with my friends and you really cant ask for more than that.
- A lot of people are surprised by how nice I am. Summer and I are both driven, but Im not snobby. Im a pretty good conversationalist and I like meeting new people.
- I feel like you have to be who you are and be true to yourself first, always. You cant worry about how yourre going to be perceived by other people. I have a quote that my mom taught me: Its none of my business what other people think of me.
- "Josh Schwartz likes to dress me up. Its uncomfortable being in that Little Miss Vixen outfit for 17 hours, but its fun as long as you can make fun of yourself. Thats key".
- I kind of just take things one day at a time and do what I do and hope that Im not known as Summer Roberts for the rest of my life. But Im grateful that she is known, and that Im known for her, because its really brought me everything.
- It was like second nature in a way, because I was familiar with the sets and stuff and it wasnt like a strange world. It was like all things in life: You try it and if it makes you happy, it sticks. (On starting professional acting.)
- I feel pretty strongly about it, morally. Its not necessary to be exploited in that kind of way. I cant say that Ill never do it, but I dont see a reason now, especially when youre still trying to establish yourself. Its just more important to be known for your acting and that youre not willing to strip down for a scene. (On her refusal to film nude scenes.)
- I hate it when people are like, How do you stay thin? or Do you work out? Whats your routine? Whats your diet? Then its like, If I tell you I dont, then are you going to give me a hard time?
Rachel Bilson Photoshoots
- "Maxim" (USA), October 2012, pg. 58, by: Stephane Cardinale, "The Sexiest Women on TV: Rachel Bilson"
- "Playboy" (USA), April 2011, Vol. 58, Iss. 8, pg. 133, by: Islandpaps/SPLASH News, "Grapevine: Red State"
- "Maxim" (USA), September 2005, Vol. 9, Iss. 9, pg. 106-109, by: Craig De Cristo, "Endless Summer"
- "Movieline's Hollywood Life" (USA), December 2004, Vol. 15, Iss. 9, pg. 92-97, by: Soklosky, Melvin, ""Glamour Girl""
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 2004, Iss. 35, pg. 12-15, by: staff, "Hot Foxes: Rachel Bilson"
- "Stuff" (USA), December 2003, Vol. 6, Iss. 12, pg. 70-78, by: Craig DeCristo, "Outrageously Cute"
Rachel Bilson Other Works
- TV commercial for Subway (2003)
- Commercial for "Clean and Clear" blackhead cleaning astringent (2004)
- (2003) Commercial for Doritos chips.
- Appeared in magazine ads for Bongo jeans.
- Briefly appears in the music video "Not That Kind Of Girl" by 'Joanna 'JoJo' Levesque' (2005).
- Appeared in "Sorority Crime Fighters" by Nibblebox as Jenny (2000)
- (March 2012) TV commercial "Nothing Can Keep You From Magnum" for Magnum Double Caramel Ice Cream Bar.