|NUDE PICTURES: 19|
|Carol Wayne GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 264|
|LAST UPDATED: August 31, 2014|
Carol Wayne Biography
- Carol was a beautiful comedienne who appeared as the "Matinee Lady" on the "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962). She would come out during one of Carsons regular sketches known as "The Tea Time Movie." Carson played the lecherous character "Art Fern" who would make references to Carols ample bosom. She played opposite Carson in over 100 sketches. She also played on one of the most popular episodes of "I Spy" (1965) opposite Robert Culp. While Carol seemed to make no attempt to downplay her role as a dim-witted sex symbol, in reality she did make many attempts to hone her acting skills by working in the multitude of situation and sketch comedies that adorned the 1970s. Any performer will tell you that comedy is not easy, but Carol and sister Nina managed quite well working opposite some of the best in the business. Both Nina and Carol appeared in different episodes of "Bewitched" (1964) in the 1960s. Carol had one son, Alex, with rock artist and photographer Barry Feinstein . She died under extremely suspicious circumstances in 1985, and the events surrounding her untimely demise have to date gone unresolved. Although it may never be proven, many involved with the case suspected foul play was involved. But many will always remember Carol fondly for her charm and cheerful nature on many classic shows.
Carol Wayne Filmography
- (1985) American Masters as Herself (archive footage)
- (1984) Best Chest in the West as Herself (Judge)
- (1984) E. Nick: A Legend in His Own Mind as Regine
- (1984) Heartbreakers as Candy
- (1984) Surf II as Mrs. O'Finlay
- (1982) Savannah Smiles as Doreen
- (1982) Two Top Bananas as Herself
- (1981) The Big Black Pill as Allegra Farrenpour
- (1981) The Fall Guy as Actress in Bar Scene
- (1981) The Fall Guy as Rose
- (1980) Gypsy Angels as Waitress
- (1980) The Alan Thicke Show as Herself
- (1979) Heaven on Earth as
- (1979) Scavenger Hunt as Nurse
- (1975) Don Adams' Screen Test as
- (1974) Celebrity Sweepstakes as Herself
- (1973) The Girl with Something Extra as Mimi
- (1972) Emergency! as Renee 'Miss October'
- (1972) Every Man Needs One as Nancy
- (1971) Mantrap as Herself/panelist
- (1971) Sarge as Receptionist
- (1970) The Virginia Graham Show as Herself
- (1969) Love, American Style as (segment "Love and the Lady Killers")
- (1969) Love, American Style as Angela Pruett (segment "Love and the Nervous Executive")
- (1969) Love, American Style as Carlotta (segment "Love and the Penal Code")
- (1969) Love, American Style as Irene (segment "Love and Murphy's Bed")
- (1969) Love, American Style as Karen Joy (segment "Love and the Newscasters")
- (1969) Love, American Style as Rosie (segment "Love and the Little Black Book")
- (1969) Medical Center as Blanche
- (1969) The Bold Ones: The Lawyers as Christie Mullins
- (1968) Monterey Pop as Herself - Audience Member (uncredited)
- (1968) The Party as June Warren
- (1967) Gunn as Ernestine
- (1967) Mannix as Bobbi
- (1967) The Pat Boone Show as Herself
- (1966) Occasional Wife as Miss Orange Grove
- (1966) The Girl from U.N.C.L.E. as Sheila
- (1965) I Dream of Jeannie as Bootsie Nightingale
- (1965) I Spy as Temple
- (1965) The Hollywood Squares as Guest Appearance
- (1964) Bewitched as Bunny
- (1964) The Man from U.N.C.L.E. as Ginger LaVeer
- (1962) The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson as Art Fern's Tea-Time Movie Lady (1971-1982)
- (1962) The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson as Herself
- (1951) The Red Skelton Show as Chambermaid
- (1951) The Red Skelton Show as NBC Soundstage Tour Guide
Carol Wayne Trivia and Facts
- Older sister of actress Nina Wayne. Aunt of Jessica Barrymore.
- Played opposite Johnny Carson on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962) as the Matinee Lady, in "Art Ferns Tea-Time Movies".
- Was a topless showgirl at Las Vegas Foiles Bergere.
- She and her sister skated with Ice Capades as teenagers.
- Can be seen as an audience member in Monterey Pop outtakes disc. Her husband, at the time, was Barry Feinstein , one of the many Cinematographers of the event.
- Mother, with Barry Feinstein , of son Alex Feinstein.
- On the day of her untimely death, Carol Waynes traveling companion was a Los Angeles car dealer named Edward Durston. More than 15 years earlier, Mr. Durston had been with Diane Linkletter , daughter of Art Linkletter , on the night of her tragic demise.
- Appeared in the February 1984 issue of Playboy magazine.
Carol Wayne Photoshoots
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1990, Vol. 3, Iss. 3, pg. 18-19, by: staff, "Hostesses With The Mostest: The Tonight Show's 'Matinee Lady'"
- "Playboy" (USA), February 1984, Vol. 31, Iss. 2, pg. 56-61, "101 Nights With Johnny"
Carol Wayne Trademarks
- A classic bubbly blonde bombshell from TV and movies