Carrie Ann Inaba
|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Carrie Ann Inaba GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 14,361|
|LAST UPDATED: August 31, 2014|
Carrie Ann Inaba Biography
- Carrie Ann Inaba was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. She is of Japanese, Chinese, and Irish ancestry, and is the youngest of two children. Carrie Ann grew up dancing the hula (native Hawaiian dance) and other dance forms. She also played the piano and violin and sang in the choir. She attended Hanahaouli School and then Punahou School. Carrie Ann played volleyball for a little while but found her true love in performing. At the age of 16, she and her closest friend Tina Horii won the Hawaii statewide competition, "Search for Talent", dancing a piece that they had choreographed together. While still sixteen, Carrie Ann was scouted to go to Japan to become a "Teen Idol". However, she waited until she finished high school and then left Hawaii to pursue her career as a musical artist in Japan. During her time in Japan, Carrie Ann released three singles with Pony Canyon Records while attending Sophia University, a Jesuit university in Tokyo. In the two-year period spent living in Tokyo, Japan, she learned a great deal about the entertainment industry, performing, as well as the Japanese language. She also made great friends from all over the world, which later became a theme in her life as a documentarian. After realizing that the Tokyo lifestyle wasnt for her at the time, Carrie Ann returned to the United States, relocating to California. She began to study choreography at the University of California, Irvine. It wasnt long till she got the bug to dance in Los Angeles and moved up to study with Alex Magno at the Debbie Reynolds Studios in North Hollywood, California. One day in dance class, Carrie Ann was approached by a producer who asked her to be in a music video for an artist named Terry Lin . She met the choreographer and booked the job. She was ready to start working. One of her first jobs was as a dancer for the Emmy Award-winning television show, "In Living Color" (1990). Her next big gig was performing with Madonna, being featured as the "Pole Girl" on The Girlie Show tour. For this tour, Carrie Ann had to shave her head and also train with circus trainers and a stripper. She later went on to dance with Ricky Martin , David Copperfield , Chayanne, and did a lot of appearances on shows such as The Creative Arts Emmys, The SAG Awards, The NAACP Awards, The MTV Awards, "The Oprah Winfrey Show" (1986), and so much more. To this day, she still loves to dance. In her heart of hearts, it is the movement and the music that will always inspire her as an artist. In fact, even as an actress, she likes to incorporate dance and movement. When Carrie Ann began her acting career, her main interest was in action roles. She studied tae kwon do with Billy Blanks, the creator Taebo, and continues her education in martial arts. She also practices hatha yoga. Carrie Ann always looks for ways to include her background in movement (choreography and martial arts) into her career. Besides performing, Carrie Ann has many credits behind the scenes as well. Besides her choreography, she opened up her own digital video production company, EnterMediArts, Inc., which produced two of her documentaries and her short film. She hopes that EnterMediArts, Inc. will soon produce more reality/education television programming, behind-the-scenes DVD productions as well as lower-end film projects. She is the president and CEO for the company and has directed and edited most of her own projects. She loves the entertainment industry and loves the accessibility that DV (Digital Video) provides. She invested in a few edit bays and a few cameras and produces projects for fellow artists and "creatives." As her companys name implies, Carrie Ann likes to break down barriers and combine elements, creating hybrids just like she, herself, is a combination of cultures. Her production company, EnterMediArts, Inc., gets its name from Entertainment, Media, and the Arts -- all rolled into one. Carrie Ann has also modeled here and there and has been on the cover of European magazines and Japanese magazines. She was the national spokesmodel for an AT&T Asian Campaign and has been in many commercials throughout her career. At the time of this writing, Carrie Ann is in the limelight once more for her participation in the hit show, "Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I) and "Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann" (2008).
Carrie Ann Inaba Filmography
- (2013) Move as Herself
- (2012) 10th Annual TV Land Awards as Herself
- (2012) The 26th Annual Genesis Awards as Herself - Host
- (2012) The Cast of in Living Color: Where Are They Now? as Herself
- (2011) Anderson as Herself - Guest Co-hostess
- (2010) 1 vs. 100 as Herself - Host
- (2010) The Cove: My Friend is... as Herself
- (2009) 2009 American Music Awards as Herself - Presenter
- (2009) Lopez Tonight as Herself
- (2009) The 35th Annual People's Choice Awards as Herself
- (2008) 2008 American Music Awards as Herself - Audience (uncredited)
- (2008) 2008 American Music Awards Red Carpet Live as Herself
- (2008) 2008 Asian Excellence Awards as Herself - Hostess
- (2008) Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann as Herself
- (2008) Fox Reality Really Awards as Herself
- (2008) Here Come the Newlyweds as Herself
- (2008) The 34th Annual People's Choice Awards as Herself
- (2008) The Bonnie Hunt Show as Herself
- (2008) The Wendy Williams Show as Herself
- (2008) Tokyology: Pop-Culture Vol. 1 as Herself - Host
- (2007) 2007 AZN Asian Excellence Awards as Herself
- (2007) Chelsea Lately as Herself - Judge on 'Dancing with the Stars' (archive footage)
- (2007) Dancing with the Stars as Herself (VG)
- (2007) Imagine 06: A Celebration of Children's Hospital Los Angeles as Herself/Host
- (2007) The Morning Show with Mike & Juliet as Herself
- (2006) 2006 Asian Excellence Awards as Herself - Presenter
- (2006) Fox Reality Really Awards as Herself - Presenter
- (2006) Hannah Montana as Tina
- (2006) Rachael Ray as Herself
- (2005) Dancing with the Stars as Herself - Judge
- (2005) So You Think You Can Dance as Herself
- (2005) So You Think You Can Dance as Herself- Choreographer
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself
- (2004) CMT Insider as Herself (archive footage)
- (2004) Fashion News Live as Herself
- (2004) In Search of the Partridge Family as Herself
- (2004) The Insider as Herself
- (2004) The Swan as Herself - Pageant Choreographer
- (2003) Dance Fever as Herself (Preliminary Judge/Coach)
- (2003) Jimmy Kimmel Live! as Herself
- (2002) Austin Powers in Goldmember as Fook Yu
- (2002) Last Call with Carson Daly as Herself
- (2002) SoapTalk as Herself
- (2002) Who Wants to Be a Millionaire as Herself - Celebrity Question Presenter
- (2000) Boys and Girls as Dancer
- (2000) Nikki as Dancer
- (2000) Nikki as Dancer #6
- (1999) American Virgin as Hiromi
- (1999) Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me as Felicity's Dancer #1
- (1999) Jack & Jill as Dancer
- (1997) The View as Herself
- (1997) The View as Herself - Guest Co-Host
- (1996) Access Hollywood as Herself
- (1995) Lord of Illusions as Dancer
- (1995) Monster Mash: The Movie as Dancer #2
- (1995) Showgirls as Goddess Dancer
- (1993) Madonna: The Girlie Show - Live Down Under as Herself - Dancer
- (1993) Rhythm & Jam as Lead Dancer/Dancer
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself
- (1990) Broadway Beat as Herself
- (1990) In Living Color as Fly Girl
- (1990) In Living Color as Fly Girl (as Carrie Inaba)
- (1990) In Living Color as Fly Girl (uncredited)
- (1989) America's Funniest Home Videos as Herself
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself - Guest Co-Host
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself - Guest Co-Hostess
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself - Host
- (1988) Sidewalks Entertainment as Herself
- (1986) The Oprah Winfrey Show as Herself
- (1985) Larry King Live as Herself
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
Carrie Ann Inaba Trivia and Facts
- Graduated in 1986 from Punahou School in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- Is of Japanese, Chinese, and Irish descent.
- In 1986-1988, lived in Japan and released three records as a teen pop star.
- Engaged to actor John Larusso (May 2002).
- Lives in Los Angeles with her three cats: Squeaker, Taz and Shadow. (July 2005)
- Attended college in Japan and California, and is a UCLA graduate.
- Graduated from UCLA with a B.A. in world arts & cultures.
- Participated in ABCs Diversity Showcase.
- Her mother, Patty, is a cancer survivor.
- Accepted a marriage proposal from her boyfriend, accountant Jesse Sloane, on March 31, 2011 on "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee" (1988) (aka "Live with Regis and Kelly"), where she was the guest co-hostess.
- Having bad vision since she was in 5th grade, she is almost totally blind.
Carrie Ann Inaba Photoshoots
- "Iflygo Inflight Magazine" (USA), 1 July 2008, Vol. 2, Iss. 1, pg. 2, by: Yu Shing Ting, "Lady of the Dance"
Carrie Ann Inaba Other Works
- Infomercial for Sheer Cover Makeup (2007)
- (2007) Appeared in an infomercial, hosted by 'Leeza Gibbons' and 'Alyssa Milano' , for Leeza's "Sheer Cover" cosmetics.
- (2008) Appeared in an infomercial, hosted by 'Leeza Gibbons' and 'LeAnn Rimes' , for Leeza's "Sheer Cover" cosmetics.
- (2010) Hostess of an infomercial for the "Ice Elements" skin care system.
- (2013) Hostess of an infomercial for celebrity facialist Kate Somerville's "Complexion Perfection" anti-aging serum. Also appearing is 'Martha McCully' .