|NUDE PICTURES: 292|
|Amber Heard GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 27,379|
|LAST UPDATED: February 13, 2019|
Amber Heard Biography
- Amber Heard will next star in Paranoia opposite Harrison Ford, Liam Hemsworth and Gary Oldman. The film will be released by Relativity Media on August 16th. She also will star in Robert Rodriguezs Machete Kills, which will be released by Open Road Films on September 13th and McGs Three Days to Kill opposite Kevin Costner and Hailee Steinfeld, which will be released in 2014. Additionally, her film All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, which premiered at the 2006 Toronto Film Festival, will be released by The Weinstein Co. in theaters this fall. She was last seen starring in The Rum Diary opposite Johnny Depp and John Carpenters The Ward which premiered at the 2010 Toronto Film Festival. She also starred in the independent film, And Soon The Darkness, in which she additionally served as a co-producer. In 2009, Heard starred in the box office hit, Zombieland opposite Woody Harrelson, Bill Murray and Jesse Eisenberg. She also starred in the suspense thriller, The Stepfather, with Sela Ward, Dylan Walsh and Penn Badgley. In 2008 she garnered attention for her role in the comedic hit, Pineapple Express with Seth Rogen and James Franco. Heard received a 2008 Young Hollywood Award for her breakthrough performance in Pineapple Express. She was also seen in the Academy Award nominated film North Country, in which she played Charlize Therons character in flashbacks. Her other film credits include: Syrup, Drive Angry 3D, The Joneses, Never Back Down, Alpha Dog and Friday Night Lights. On television, Heard starred on The CW drama Hidden Palms and had guest starring roles on Showtimes Californication and CBSs Criminal Minds. Heard is originally from Texas and currently resides in Los Angeles where she is actively involved with Amnesty International.
Amber Heard Filmography
- (2014) Autobahn as
- (2013) Machete Kills as Miss San Antonio
- (2013) Paranoia as Emma Jennings
- (2013) Syrup as 6
- (2013) Three Days to Kill as
- (2012) 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards as Herself
- (2011) Drive Angry as Piper
- (2011) In the Qube 3D as Herself
- (2011) Scream Awards 2011 as Herself
- (2011) The Playboy Club as Maureen
- (2011) The Rum Diary as Chenault
- (2010) And Soon the Darkness as Stephanie
- (2010) Sundance Skippy as Herself
- (2010) The River Why as Eddy
- (2010) The Ward as Kristen
- (2009) ExTerminators as Nikki
- (2009) Late Night with Jimmy Fallon as Herself
- (2009) Moving Pictures Live! as Herself
- (2009) The Cleveland Show as (voice)
- (2009) The Joneses as Jenn Jones
- (2009) The Stepfather as Kelly Porter
- (2009) Zombieland as 406
- (2008) Never Back Down as Baja Miller
- (2008) Pineapple Express as Angie Anderson
- (2008) The Informers as Christie
- (2007) Californication as Amber
- (2007) Day 73 with Sarah as Mary
- (2007) Hidden Palms as Greta Matthews
- (2007) On Location with Remember the Daze as Herself
- (2007) The Beautiful Ordinary as Julia Ford
- (2007) Up Close with Carrie Keagan as Herself
- (2007) You Are Here as Amber
- (2006) All the Boys Love Mandy Lane as Mandy Lane
- (2006) Alpha Dog as Alma
- (2006) Price to Pay as Trish
- (2006) The Prince as Serena
- (2005) Attack of the Show! as Herself - Guest
- (2005) Criminal Minds as Lila Archer
- (2005) Drop Dead Sexy as Candy
- (2005) Made in Hollywood as Herself
- (2005) North Country as Young Josey
- (2005) SideFX as Shay
- (2004) Friday Night Lights as Maria
- (2004) Jack & Bobby as Liz
- (2004) The Mountain as Riley
- (2003) The O.C. as Salesgirl
- (2002) Last Call with Carson Daly as Herself - Guest
- (2002) Top Gear as Herself
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
- () Cali as Mya (rumored)
Amber Heard Trivia and Facts
- Has been named one of the most beautiful rising stars by Jane Magazine, shared with Kellan Rhude .
- Ranked #21 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2008 list.
- Fathers name is David Heard - a successful commercial contractor in Austin, Texas.
- Has two sisters.
- Has a golden teacup Yorkie dog named Pistol, who was featured alongside Heard for Teen Vogues "Young Hollywood" issue in October 2009.
- Ranked #13 on Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2010 list.
- In December 2010 she "came out" to the crowd at the 25th anniversary celebration for GLAAD (The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation). She also told the website afterellen.com that for several years, her romantic partner has been photographer Tasya van Ree.
- Dropped out of school at the age of 17, to go to New York to start a career in modeling, she then relocated to Los Angeles to get into acting.
- At the age of 16, her best friend died in a car crash and Heard, who was raised Catholic, subsequently declared herself an atheist, due to the influence of the works of Ayn Rand and George Orwell.
- Ranked #34 in the 2011 FHM list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".
- Ranked #25 in the 2010 FHM UK list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".
- Good friends with Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
- Voted #35 on Ask mens top 99 most desirable women of 2012.
Amber Heard Quotes
- Ive worked really hard to bring something more to "pretty girl" roles over the years. I consider it a challenge.
- [on transitioning from modeling to acting] My father persuaded me to take classes, and my first agent in Austin paid for them. Id always wanted to be an actress. I did it in high school and fell in love with it, but I was distracted by the modeling industry because I wanted to travel and get out of my hometown. It was the easier ticket.
- [on supposedly "coming out"] - First of all, to say I came out implies that I was once in. Let me be straight about that - no pun intended. I never came out from anywhere... It didnt really affect anything in my career. I dont think the producers and directors Ive worked with care one way or another... I dont want to be labeled as one thing or another. In the past Ive had successful relationships with men, and now Im in this successful relationship with a woman. When it comes to love I am totally open. I dont want to be put into a category, as in Im this or Im that.
- [on her The Rum Diary (2011) character] I liked the juxtaposition - I liked that she looks like this archetype of a leading lady, this 1950s housewife-in-the-making, the kind of iconic symbol of a woman at that time, this commodity or something that represents the elite status or rather, what the elite status strives to obtain in life or what they value in life and she kind of looks like that, superficially and represents all these things very well on the surface but yet is not that underneath - shes flawed and kind of vulnerable and fiercely independent and rebellious and I relate to a lot of those qualities and like that shes not what she looks like.
- Ive had amazing, successful relationships with men, and now I have an amazing, successful relationship with a woman, and the bottom line is I love who I love.
- We women still make up like one, maybe two percent of the directors [in Hollywood] and until we make up a bigger or I guess a more significant majority or proportion of the filmmakers or until we have a larger stake in the prospective makers, then we wont accurately accomplish that representation.
- I dont take parts because theyre for the sexy girl. I take the sexy girl parts and try to give them something else and make them a character. I just know that, at some point, you have to choose between the two. We didnt take Charlize Theron seriously until she did Monster (2003) and became physically ugly. I would love to see women be able to be powerful, complex, smart, opinionated and taken seriously, even if they are beautiful. Even more, I would love to see women held to different standards, other than the superficial ones that were held to.
- I am constantly struggling to show people that there is more to me than my appearance. You do have to try and overcome those hurdles. Female actresses need to be given the chance to be more than how they look. Theres two categories for women in Hollywood; youre either sexy and thats it, or youre not and because of that you often get given better opportunities. You cant be sexy and get as many good roles, fact. Its so frustrating to see women compartmentalized in those ways, but its not going to change until the amount of female filmmakers and producers get to anywhere near being half. So many female characters and stories are written by men. Its a flawed system.
- Im looking to find good stories, not big commercial pieces of work.
- The last few years have been non-stop for me. Ive been going from job to job without even going home in-between jobs for the last year. And Im doing what I love. Im enjoying the perks of the job-the travel. I am having a great time being a shape shifter and Im really getting a kick out of it. I love my job.
Amber Heard Photoshoots
- "Celebrity Skin" (USA), 2012, Iss. 11, pg. 28-29, by: n/a, "Color Me Amber: Amber Heard"
- "Celebrity Skin" (USA), October 2011, Iss. 8, pg. 31, "Fall 2011 Boob Tubers: Amber Heard"
Amber Heard Other Works
- TV commercial: Saturn automobiles
- Music video: Appeared in a music video with 'Kenny Chesney'
- Music video: Appeared in a music video with 'Brooks and Dunn'
- (2013) Print ads for Guess Girl fragrance.
Amber Heard Trademarks
- Often plays sexualized teenagers (Friday Night Lights (2004) , Alpha Dog (2006) , "Hidden Palms" (2007) , Never Back Down (2008) ).