|NUDE PICTURES: 42|
|Alexa Davalos GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 3,512|
|LAST UPDATED: August 30, 2018|
Alexa Davalos Biography
- After a quintessentially bohemian childhood that found her straddling New York, Paris, Italy and Los Angeles (with a photographer father and actress mom), Alexa Davalos headed to Manhattan. In the Big Apple, she instantly snagged lucrative assignments as a photographers model for the likes of Peter Lindbergh, then discovered an inborn passion for acting and decided to make it the focus of her life. Born into a family of performers - her grandfather Richard Davalos starred alongside James Dean in East of Eden (1955) - in 2002, Davalos turned her focus to acting and migrated to Los Angeles and began signing for guest parts on series such as "Angel" (1999) and "Undeclared" (2001). Her big break arrived when producers selected her to play "Kyra", the heroine in the 2004 futuristic fantasy vehicle The Chronicles of Riddick (2004), starring Vin Diesel. Davalos next took on a prominent role as "Samantha" on the high-concept mystery-period series "Reunion" (2005). When the highly-touted series failed to catch on with viewers and was canceled after half a season, Davalos bounced back with a convincing portrayal as Diane Keaton s daughter in the well-received made-for-television feature Surrender, Dorothy (2006) . The following year, Davalos stepped up several notches with a lead role in Robert Benton s much-anticipated drama Feast of Love (2007) -- an ensemble piece about a free-spirited woman who arrives in a small Northwestern town and recolors the life of everyone she meets. Also, in 2007, Davalos appeared in the Stephen King horror adaptation The Mist (2007). Alexa continued her ascent in Hollywood by being cast in Edward Zwick s Defiance (2008/I), released in 2008, as "Lilka", Daniel Craig s love interest. Her haunting beauty and spirited performance garnered raves from critics. In 2009, Alexa was cast in the much coveted lead role of "Andromeda" in Louis Leterrier s Clash of the Titans (2010), alongside Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes. Alexa is, without a doubt, one of Hollywoods fastest rising young stars.
Alexa Davalos Filmography
- (2013) Lost Angels as
- (2013) Nina as Olivia
- (2010) Clash of the Titans as Andromeda
- (2010) Clash of the Titans: A G4 Special as Herself
- (2009) Defiance: Return to the Forest as Herself
- (2008) Defiance as Lilka Ticktin
- (2008) Monsters Among Us: The Creature FX of 'The Mist' as Herself
- (2008) When Darkness Came: The Making of 'The Mist' as Herself
- (2007) Feast of Love as Chloe Barlow
- (2007) Raines as Sandy Boudreau
- (2007) The Mist as Sally
- (2007) Top 25 Celebrity Nude Scenes 2007 as (archive footage)
- (2007) Up Close with Carrie Keagan as Herself
- (2007) Xposé as Herself
- (2006) Surrender, Dorothy as Sara
- (2005) Made in Hollywood as Herself
- (2005) Reunion as Samantha Carlton
- (2005) The Teen Choice Awards 2005 as Herself - Attendee
- (2004) The Chronicles of Riddick as Kyra
- (2003) And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself as Teddy Sampson
- (2002) Coastlines as Eddie Vance's girlfriend (uncredited)
- (2002) The Ghost of F. Scott Fitzgerald as Bess Gunther
- (2002) Untitled Secret Service Project as Eliza Randolph
- (2001) Undeclared as Susan
- (1999) Angel as Gwen Raiden
Alexa Davalos Trivia and Facts
- She is the daughter of actress Elyssa Davalos.
- Speaks fluent French, Greek and English.
- Is an only child
- Granddaughter of actor Richard Davalos.
- Niece of Dominique Davalos.
- She was Amanda Righetti s bridesmaid at her April 29, 2006 wedding. This is well documented in InStyle Magazine which covered the event in Hawaii.
- Was raised bilingually, father is Greek and mother is French. Alexa speaks both Greek and French fluently.
- Is of Eastern European Jewish ancestry on her fathers side; her great-grandparents emigrated from Vilnius in Lithuania.
- Attended the Flea Theatre in New York.
- Parents divorced when she was 8.
- Gained a huge cult fan base following her guest starring role as Gwen on "Angel" (1999) , in fact she even has a Gwen action figure.
Alexa Davalos Quotes
- I dont really have any expectations. For me, its all about falling in love with a project and being as present and open as you can while filming it. But once you get on the plane at the end of filming, its out of your hands. - On her acting career.
- I grew up very comfortable in this bizarre, circus-like existence, but, as comfortable as I was, I was also aware of the struggles that actors go through. A lot of people who come into the profession with these romantic expectations arent being very realistic. And because I often saw the other side of that dream, I avoided acting like the plague at first.
- My normal life is, I love to travel and I travel as often as I can. I dont stay in one place too long. But Im an avid reader, I guess you could say, Im a bit of a bookworm.
- I tend to curse in French more often than I do in English.
Alexa Davalos Photoshoots
- "Playboy" (USA), December 2008, Vol. 55, Iss. 12, pg. 36, by: staff, "Tease Frame: Alexa Davalos"
- "Playboy" (USA), December 2008, Vol. 55, Iss. 12, pg. 73, by: Stephen Rebello, "Sex In Cinema 2008"
Alexa Davalos Other Works
- Performed in scenes of 'Mark Bomback' 's "Disturbing the Peace" (2002), as
- part of the Sundance Lab project.