|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Kay Hanley GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 648|
|LAST UPDATED: November 20, 2012|
Kay Hanley Biography
- Kathleen Marie Hanley (born September 11, 1968) is an American alternative rock musician. She is best known as the vocalist for the band Letters to Cleo. Hanley was born in Dorchester, Massachusetts. She grew up diagonally across the street from Donnie and Mark Wahlberg. She was a member of Letters To Cleo from 1990 to 2000 (the length of the band's existence, with the exception of the 2008-2009 reunion tour). The band name was conceived by Hanley in reference to a pen pal named Cleo that she had when she was younger. In 1997, she began working on other projects, beginning with a role in the Boston Rock Opera's performance of Jesus Christ Superstar as Mary Magdalene.
Kay Hanley Filmography
- (2008) Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert as Background singer
- (2007) Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as Herself
- (2000) Generation O! as Molly O! (singing voice)
- (1999) 10 Things I Hate About You as Letters To Cleo Singer
- (1998) Payoff as
Kay Hanley Trivia and Facts
- Attended a Catholic high school in Massachusetts where her mother later played guitar at masses.
- Has younger sister, Liz.
- Worked with Jun Senoue of Sonic Team; Performed and recorded vocals to "Follow Me" as the theme song to Team Rose in SEGA/Sonic Teams video game, Sonic Heroes (2004).
- Has two children with husband Michael, Zoe Mabel and Henry Aaron.
- (2007-2008) On the Hannah Montana tour as one of two backup singers.
- Every time she sings the National Anthem for the New England Patriots (eight times so far) they win, which has made her quite popular with Patriots fans.
Kay Hanley Other Works
- Sang on Peace On Earth benefit song by 'Seth Freeman (II)'