|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Karita Mattila GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 1,949|
|LAST UPDATED: May 22, 2009|
Karita Mattila Biography
- Karita Marjatta Mattila (pronounced ['karita 'mattila]) (born September 5, 1960) is a leading operatic soprano. She was born in PerniÃƒÂ¶, Finland. Mattila appears regularly in the major opera houses worldwide, including the Metropolitan Opera, the Royal Opera House in London, ThÃƒÂ©ÃƒÂ¢tre du ChÃƒÂ¢telet, OpÃƒÂ©ra Bastille, the Lyric Opera of Chicago, San Francisco Opera, Houston Grand Opera, Vienna State Opera, Toronto Roy Thomson Hall and GroÃƒÂŸes Festspielhaus, Salzburg and with top orchestras. During her career, Mattila has sold over 150,000 certified records, which places her among the top 50 best-selling female soloists in Finland.
Karita Mattila Filmography
- (2010) BBC Proms as Herself - Soloist
- (2010) Iiro irti as Herself
- (2008) Katia Kabanova as Katia
- (2007) Discovering Masterpieces of Classical Music as Herself (archive footage)
- (2006) The Metropolitan Opera HD Live as Floria Tosca
- (2006) The Metropolitan Opera HD Live as Manon Lescaut
- (2006) The Metropolitan Opera HD Live as Salome, the princess of Judea
- (2004) Arto Nyberg as Herself
- (2003) Sininen laulu - Suomen taiteiden tarina as Herself
- (2002) Fidelio as Leonore/Fidelio
- (2002) Simon Boccanegra as Maria Boccanegra (Amelia)
- (2001) Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg as Eva
- (1997) La veuve joyeuse as Hanna Glawari
- (1996) Claudio Abbado: The Silence That Follows the Music as Soprano (archive footage)
- (1996) Don Carlos as Elizabeth de Valois
- (1996) Prima della prima as Amerlia Grimaldi
- (1990) Don Giovanni as Donna Elvira
- (1982) MTV:n 25-vuotisjuhlakonsertti as Herself
- (1979) Laulunlyömät as Herself
Karita Mattila Trivia and Facts
- Opera singer.
- She was nominated for a 1997 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Outstanding Achievement in Opera of 1996 for her performance in the Royal Operas Don Carlos.
- She was nominated for a 2002 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Outstanding Achievement in Opera of 2001 for her performances in The Royal Operas Jenufa and The Queen of Spades.
- In October 1995, sang the role of "Lisa," in the Metropolitan Operas critically acclaimed new production of Tchaikovskys, "The Queen of Spades." This new production also marked the Met Opera farewell of Austrian soprano Leonie Rysanek, a famous Metropolitan Opera soprano since the 1950s.
Karita Mattila Other Works
- In October 1995, sang the role of "Lisa," in the Metropolitan Opera's
- critically acclaimed new production of Tchaikovsky's, "The Queen of
- Spades." This new production also marked the Met Opera farewell of
- Austrian soprano Leonie Rysanek, a famous Metropolitan Opera soprano
- since the 1950s.