|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Keiko Agena GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 1,050|
|LAST UPDATED: November 20, 2012|
Keiko Agena Biography
- Christine Keiko Agena (born October 3, 1973) is an American actress known professionally as Keiko Agena. Agena, a Japanese-American, was born in Honolulu, and began acting at the age of 10. She attended Mid-Pacific Institute preparatory school on OÃ¢Â€Â˜ahu, and Whitman College for one year as a drama major. She enjoys riding her motorcycle around Los Angeles and participating in an Asian-American theatre company called Hereandnow.
Keiko Agena Filmography
- (2013) LearningTown as BirdBird
- (2013) LearningTown as BirdBird (voice)
- (2013) Shark Bites as Female Owl
- (2012) Beautiful People as Miranda
- (2012) Lil Tokyo Reporter as Mrs. Sato
- (2012) Scandal as Britta Kagen
- (2012) Uploaded: The Asian American Movement as
- (2011) I Hate L.A. as (segment "Downtown")
- (2011) Shameless as Brittany Sturgess
- (2011) The Homes as Nami
- (2011) Transformers: Dark of the Moon as Mearing's Aide
- (2010) Road Rage as Connie
- (2009) Castle as Kelly
- (2009) Labor Pains as Pregnant Bookstore Woman
- (2008) Major Movie Star as Private Hailey Hamamori
- (2007) Private Practice as Sister Amy
- (2006) 2006 Asian Excellence Awards as Herself - Presenter
- (2006) Chances Are as Heather
- (2004) Gilmore Girls Backstage Special as Herself
- (2004) Hair Show as Jun Ni
- (2004) House M.D. as Dr. Cheng
- (2004) Law & Order: Justice Is Served as Toki Yamamato (VG) (voice)
- (2004) The 100 Scariest Movie Moments as Herself
- (2004) The 30th Annual People's Choice Awards as Herself
- (2004) The Drop as Herself
- (2004) The Perfect Party as Kiko
- (2003) Cats and Mice as Sue
- (2003) Red Thread as Matilda Wong
- (2003) Western Avenue as Miya
- (2002) Kim Possible as Yori (voice)
- (2002) SoapTalk as Herself
- (2002) Tomato and Eggs as Maria
- (2002) Without a Trace as Kimiko
- (2001) The Nightmare Room as Janet Bingham
- (2000) Gilmore Girls as Lane Kim
- (2000) Gilmore Girls as Lane Kim (credit only)
- (2000) Strong Medicine as An-Soo 'Alison' Kim
- (1998) Felicity as Leila Foster
- (1998) Hundred Percent as Casey
- (1995) Terror in the Shadows as Student Aide
- (1994) ER as Mrs. Shimahara
- (1994) ER as Mrs. Vasquez
- (1992) Renegade as Mitsuko (as Keiko)
- (1990) Beverly Hills, 90210 as The Competitor
Keiko Agena Trivia and Facts
- Attended Whitman College for one year as a drama major.
- Agena explains, to pronounce her last name, think of the word "again".
- Has two cats.
- Was named as a Presidential Scholar in the Arts
- Won an Ammy Award, beating out Lucy Liu, Ming Na, and Tia Carrere
- Married Shin Kawasaki in a helicopter over Las Vegas, NV December 19, 2005.
Keiko Agena Quotes
- The women I admire most in this business are Susan Sarandon, Bette Midler and Winona Ryder. Susan Sarandon because shes, well, Susan Sarandon. Winona because shes never compromised herself by showing her body in any of her love scenes, and Bette Midler because she has such a varied life. Her family, her marriage and her career are all priorities.
- Ive learned a lot of things from Lane. For starters, she has this great friendship with Rory - this incredible female bond. Before the show I was a bit of a tomboy and most of my friends were guys. Now, however, I am still a tomboy, but I have started having some really great friendships with girls as well as guys.
- I am really fortunate to have parents who supported my plan to become an actress when I was a little kid. And then there was my Grandma. She was the best. She was always there and ready to drive me to all my plays and stuff.
- Being on a successful show is kind of like being a sea turtle. Every year sea turtles lay hundreds and hundreds of eggs but only a few manage to survive and mature. Its the same with TV pilots. There are so many great ideas, but for whatever reason only the lucky ones get picked up. I know that sounds kind of cheesy, but thats how it feels to me.
- Ever since I found out I got the part on Gilmore Girls, my life has been changing in so many ways. It seems as though all we get is good news. Im just so grateful to be a part of it. Its a wholesome show with an edge. I have no idea how we pull it off.
Keiko Agena Photoshoots
- "Seventeen" (USA), November 2001, pg. 136-141, by: Kate Powers, "Scene Stealer"