|NUDE PICTURES: 26|
|Rachael Stirling GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 1,832|
|LAST UPDATED: September 9, 2014|
Rachael Stirling Biography
- Rachael Atlanta Stirling (born 30 May 1977) is an English stage, film and television actress. She is a two-time Olivier nominee for her stage work, but is best known for her performance as Nancy Astley in the BBC drama Tipping the Velvet. Stirling is the daughter of the actress Diana Rigg and theatre producer Archibald Stirling. Her parents subsequently married in 1982 and divorced in 1990. Through her father, she has a long line of ancestry from the Scottish parish of Lecropt, near her namesake city of Stirling.
Rachael Stirling Filmography
- (2013) Sixteen as Laura
- (2012) Snow White and the Huntsman as Anna
- (2012) The Bletchley Circle as Millie
- (2011) Salmon Fishing in the Yemen as Mary Jones
- (2011) Women in Love as Ursula Brangwen
- (2010) Centurion as Druzilla
- (2009) Boy Meets Girl as Veronica Burton
- (2009) Minder as Eve Cornell
- (2009) The Young Victoria as Duchess of Sutherland
- (2008) The Making of 'Dangerous Parking' as
- (2007) Dangerous Parking as Kirstin
- (2007) Lewis as Zoë Kenneth
- (2006) Beyond as Guilean Hade
- (2006) Hotel Babylon as Nina Bailey
- (2006) The Haunted Airman as Julia Jugg
- (2006) The Truth as Martha
- (2005) Doctor Who as Ada
- (2005) Riot at the Rite as Marie Rambert
- (2004) Agatha Christie Marple: The Murder at the Vicarage as Griselda Clement
- (2004) Freeze Frame as Katie Carter
- (2004) The Final Quest as Young Annabelle
- (2002) Bait as Stephanie Raeburn
- (2002) RI:SE as Herself
- (2002) Tipping the Velvet as Nan Astley
- (2001) Another Life as Avis Graydon
- (2001) Othello as Lulu
- (2001) Redemption Road as Becky
- (2001) The Triumph of Love as Corine
- (2000) Breakfast as Herself
- (2000) Complicity as Claire
- (2000) In the Beginning as Young Rebeccah
- (2000) Maybe Baby as Joanna
- (1998) Still Crazy as Clare Knowles
- (1995) The Frank Skinner Show as Herself
- (1989) Agatha Christie's Poirot as Caroline Crale
- (1988) This Morning as Herself
Rachael Stirling Trivia and Facts
- Daughter of Diana Rigg
- She can speak Russian and is highly skilled at horse-riding and jumping.
- Has a degree in History of Art from Edinburgh University.
- Formerly lived with her DJ boyfriend in north London.
- 1999: Named as one of European films Shooting Stars by European Film Promotion.
- Is a former member of the UKs National Youth Theatre, for whom she played Desdemona opposite Chiwetel Ejiofor s Othello.
- She attended Wycombe Abbey in Buckinghamshire, where she spent most of her time at the theatre.
- Five people she would love to have to dinner are Bette Davis , Tallulah Bankhead , Mae West , Sarah Siddons and Joan Crawford .
- Her favourite song is Bob Dylan s Lay Lady Lay because it reminds her of times with her mother.
- Her fathers first marriage to Charmian Scott produced two sons, William (Willy) a writer and Ludovic (Ludo) a designer, her half-brothers with whom she is very close.
- May 2005: in a stage production of Theatre Of Blood at the Lyttleton Theatre, London, she played the role of Miranda Lionheart. This character (originally named Edwina) was played in the film by her mother, Diana Rigg.
- Of the Baronets Stirling-Maxwell, her father is Laird of the Keir Estate in Perth and Kinross, Scotland, by whom she descends from Charles II Stuart, King of England and Scotland, and also from a first cousin of his, the grandmother of George I, King of Great-Britain. She is also a distant relative of Sir Winston Churchill and Rupert Everett.
- Her father, Archibald Stirling is the nephew of Colonel Sir David Stirling, founder of the Special Air Service (SAS).
- Was engaged to Oliver Chris until 2012. They were in a relationship from 2007.
Rachael Stirling Quotes
- I keep thinking, when will it all blow up? When will the luck or whatever it is run out? Then there is the fear that there is someone behind me asking, Who does she think she is? So Im waiting you might say. Waiting for the jinx and trying not to feel too lucky.
- I am a clever girl, so if there was something else I could do, I would.
- "It was horrendous after I appeared in "Tipping the Velvet" (2002) - I didnt work for eight months because I kept being sent scripts, the details of which Ill spare you".
Rachael Stirling Photoshoots
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), April 2004, Iss. 31, pg. 20-23, by: staff, "TV Or Not TV: Tipping The Velvet"
Rachael Stirling Other Works
- (May 2005) Played Miranda Lionheart in a stage adaptation of Theatre of Blood (1973) - National Theatre, London
- (2000) Played Frankie in "Helpless", a new play by 'Dusty Hughes (I)' - Donmar Warehouse, London
- (2003) Played Hester in "A Woman of No Importance" by 'Oscar Wilde' - Theatre Royal Haymarket, London
- (2004) Played "Conchita" in "Anna in the Tropics" by 'Nilo Cruz (II)' - Hampstead Theatre, London.
- (2005) Played Zenocrate in "Tambulaine" - Bristol Old Vic Theatre/ Barbican Theatre
- (2006) Played Helena in "Look Back In Anger" by 'John Osborne (II)' - Theatre Royal, Bath
- (2007) Her credits at London's Wilton's Music Hall include: "Kate" in 'William Shakespeare (I)' 's "The Taming of the Shrew" and "Yelena" in 'Anton Chekhov' 's "The Cherry Orchard".
- (2003) She acted in 'Oscar Wilde' 's play, "A Woman of No Importance", at the Theatre Royal Haymarket in London, England with 'Rupert Graves' , 'Samantha Bond (I)' , 'Prunella Scales' , 'Joanne Pearce (I)' , 'Caroline Blakiston' , 'Peter Cellier' , 'John Normington' , 'Ralph Nossek' and 'Elizabeth Garvie' in the cast. 'Adrian Noble' was the director.
Rachael Stirling Trademarks
- Deep, throaty, husky voice