|NUDE PICTURES: 94|
|Charisma Carpenter GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 5,907|
|LAST UPDATED: August 31, 2018|
Charisma Carpenter Biography
- Born July 23, 1970, in Las Vegas, Charisma Carpenter was named after an Avon perfume (a fact that did not sit well with her). She studied classical ballet from age five. Her family moved around often. As a youngster, she entered many local beauty contests. Charisma attended Gorman High School in Las Vegas. At 15, the family moved to Rosarita City, Mexico, and then to Bonita (a suburb of San Diego) where she attended Bonita High. Charisma finally transferred to Chula Vista School of Creative and Performing Arts, where she graduated in 1988. In high school(s), she was a cheerleader, and did the typical teen things: sneaking out and having boys over when mom wasnt home. Charismas nature tends to be pensive, which some classmates unfortunately misinterpreted as being snooty. After graduating, she traveled throughout Europe, then went on to college. She also worked as an aerobics instructor and in property management. In 1991, Charisma was a cheerleader for the San Diego Chargers. In 1992, she moved to Los Angeles. She audited classes at Playhouse West and was cast in over 20 major commercials, including doing a long stint for Secret. Charisma was in a number of theater productions, such as "No, No, Nanette" and "Welcome Home, Soldier." This tall (5 7") beauty with the striking looks, brunette hair with chestnut highlights, and hazel eyes was a natural for TV; she started in an episode of "Baywatch" (1989) in October, 1994. Because of that appearance, Aaron Spelling personally auditioned her for the role of Ashley in "Malibu Shores" (1996), which had a brief run from March to June of 1996. Despite the short run, TV Guide noticed her and said she was beguiling and had the most fleshed-out character on the show. Charisma auditioned for the title role in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997) but wound up being cast as Cordelia, instead. She had doubts about this and did not want to play a bitchy character again, but her agent reminded her that she couldnt be typecast until people knew her. She is quick to point out she is nothing like her TV persona, noting, "People might think Im this awful person, but Im not -- Im a nice girl". Fans and producers liked the character enough that she was transferred to a bigger role on the spin-off series "Angel" (1999). A long career in TV now seems assured for Charisma. Her hobbies include horseback riding, roller blading, hiking and rock climbing (for her 26th birthday, she had gone skydiving. When the folks at WB heard about this, they made her sign a clause that she would refrain from that for the length of her contract). She has prudently switched to writing poetry instead.
Charisma Carpenter Filmography
- (2013) Doorway to Heaven as Julie
- (2012) Haunted High as Librarian
- (2012) Human Factor as Actress
- (2012) The Expendables 2 as Lacy
- (2011) Crash Site as Rita Sanders
- (2011) Deadly Sibling Rivalry as Janna/Callie
- (2011) Obsession as Sonia Paston
- (2011) The Lying Game as Ann Rebecca Sewell
- (2011) The Lying Game as Rebecca Sewell Rybak
- (2010) Fighters Only Mixed Martial Arts Awards 2010 as Herself
- (2010) Great TV Mistakes as Cordelia Chase (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (2010) House of Bones as Heather Burton
- (2010) Inferno: The Making of 'The Expendables' as Herself
- (2010) Psychosis as Susan Golden
- (2010) The Expendables as Lacy
- (2008) Celebrity Ghost Stories as Herself
- (2008) Greek Uncovered as Tegan Walker (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (2008) Legend of the Seeker as Triana
- (2007) Back to You as Brooke Schimmel
- (2007) Big Shots as Janelle Johns
- (2007) Burn Notice as Nicki Skyler
- (2007) Greek as Tegan Walker
- (2006) Cheaters' Club as Linda Stern
- (2006) Flirting with Danger as Laura Clifford
- (2006) Relative Chaos as Katherine
- (2006) Voodoo Moon as Heather
- (2005) Supernatural as Maggie Stark
- (2004) 'Angel': Season 3 Overview as Herself
- (2004) Darla: Deliver Us from Evil as Herself
- (2004) LAX as Julie Random
- (2004) Like Cats and Dogs as Sarah Hayes
- (2004) Malice in Wonderland: Wolfram & Hart as Cordelia Chase (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (2004) Veronica Mars as Kendall Casablancas
- (2004) Veronica Mars as Kendall Casablancas (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (2003) 'Angel': Season One as Cordelia Chase (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (2003) 'Buffy': Season 3 Overview as Herself
- (2003) Jimmy Kimmel Live! as Herself
- (2003) Miss Match as Serena Lockner
- (2003) See Jane Date as Jane Grant
- (2003) The Groomsmen as Kim
- (2002) 'Buffy': Season 2 Overview as Herself
- (2002) Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Cordelia Chase (VG) (voice)
- (2001) Celebrity Undercover as Herself
- (2001) Strange Frequency as Jules
- (2001) The Division as Emma Campbell
- (2000) CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as Mink
- (1999) Angel as Cordelia Chase
- (1999) Angel as Cordelia Chase (also archive footage)
- (1999) Angel as Cordelia Chase (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (1999) Angel as Cordelia Chase (credit only)
- (1999) The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn as Herself
- (1999) The Teen Choice Awards 1999 as Herself
- (1998) Charmed as Kira/The Seer
- (1998) Charmed as The Seer
- (1998) MTV Presents: Videos That Don't Suck as Herself
- (1998) The Howard Stern Radio Show as Herself
- (1997) Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Cordelia Chase
- (1997) Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Cordelia Chase (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (1997) Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Cordelia Chase (credit only)
- (1997) The Keenen Ivory Wayans Show as Herself
- (1997) Vibe as Herself
- (1996) Hey Arnold! as Simone (voice)
- (1996) Josh Kirby... Time Warrior: Chapter 6, Last Battle for the Universe as Beth Sullivan
- (1996) Malibu Shores as Ashley Green
- (1995) Josh Kirby... Time Warrior: Chapter 1, Planet of the Dino-Knights as Beth Sullivan
- (1995) Josh Kirby... Time Warrior: Chapter 2, the Human Pets as Beth Sullivan
- (1993) Boy Meets World as Caterer
- (1993) Good Day L.A. as Herself
- (1991) KTLA Morning News as Herself
- (1989) Baywatch as Wendie Sanders
Charisma Carpenter Trivia and Facts
- Became good friends with Susan Ward after both were turned down for the role of Maggie Cory on the soap "Another World" (1964).
- Was a cheerleader for the San Diego Chargers football team.
- Named by her mother after a brand of perfume
- Auditioned for the role of Buffy on the TV show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997) , but got the role of Cordelia after it was turned down by actress Bianca Lawson.
- She has a tribal sun tattooed on her back.
- Gave birth to a healthy baby boy, Donovan Charles Hardy, at 9:50 PM on March 24th 2003 at Cedar Sinai hospital in Beverly Hills.
- (2003) After 7 years playing Cordelia Chase, 3 years on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997) and 4 years on "Angel" (1999) , Charisma was not invited back as a regular for Angels fifth and final season. She agreed to return for the 100th episode although she wasnt asked until Sarah Michelle Gellar turned down the chance to guest star in the episode.
- Will be reprising her role as Cordelia Chase in the 100th episode of "Angel" (1999). The show is currently in its fifth season without her, considering the Cordelia Chase character is in a coma. [November 2003]
- Shes Cherokee, Irish, Scottish, and Spanish on her mothers side and French and German on her fathers side.
- Has a rosary tattoo on her left wrist.
- She held three state titles when she was thirteen years old and placed top five for a ballet routine at an international competition.
- She tries to sign only personalized autographs so her signature cannot be sold on EBay or elsewhere. She also refuses to sign her MAXIM, FHM, or other revealing photos.
- Her guest spot on Lifetimes "The Division" (2001) as a young woman attacked by an undercover police officer eerily resembles a real life incident on August 15, 1991 in which Charisma, then 22, and two of her friends were attacked by an off-duty San Diego police officer and serial rapist in Torrey Pines State Beach in San Diego. Charisma escaped unharmed, although two of her friends were shot and seriously injured when they fought back. The police officer, Henry Hubbard Jr. was also shot in the attack, which led to his being identified and arrested. He was sentenced to 56-years in prison for several other rapes.
- The role of Delilah in The Faculty (1998) was written specifically for her, but she turned it down because it was too similar to her "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997) character, Cordelia.
- Appears on the June 2004 cover of Playboy with a 10 page layout inside.
- The scars her character Cordelia got after a fall in Buffy are actually real. As a young child, she fell into a swimming pool that was under construction at her home, and was run through by a piece of rebar.
- After starring in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997) , "Angel" (1999) , and guest-starring in episodes of "Charmed" (1998) , she has become the face of supernatural dramas on The WB.
- Her character, Cordelia Chase, whom she had played for years on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997) and "Angel" (1999) , was killed off in the landmark 100th episode of "Angel" (1999). It was her final appearance on the series, with the exception of archival footage.
- Her characters on both "Angel" (1999) and "Charmed" (1998) could see into the future.
- She is good friends with her See Jane Date (2003) co-star Holly Marie Combs. In fact, it was their friendship that prompted her to play Kira on "Charmed" (1998).
- She has two half brothers, Troy and Kenny.
- Was in an unaired pilot called "Like Cats & Dogs".
- She speaks Spanish; however, she states that shes not fluent, despite being of Mexican ancestry and spending time living in Mexico as a child.
- A fitness enthusiast, her outdoor interests include roller blading, rock climbing, hiking and sky diving.
- Currently resides in Los Angeles, California with her two Golden Retrievers.
- Has studied classical ballet since the age of 5, and pursued dancing as part of her high school curriculum, by commuting between Mexico and San Diego to take lessons at the School of Creative and Performing Arts.
- Was discovered by a commercial agent while working as a waitress in Los Angeles to save for her college education.
- Ranked #9 on Wizard magazines "Sexiest Women of TV" list (March 2008).
- Attended high school in Las Vegas with Kamar de los Reyes. She was a freshman when he was a junior.
Charisma Carpenter Quotes
- I had my heart set on becoming an English teacher, but stumbled into acting after meeting a theatrical agent in my dads restaurant in San Diego. [June 30, 2003]
- Lots of doors have opened for me because of Buffy and Angel but, although Im ambitious, Im not going to just do anything simply because the money is good. If I cant love a project, then Im not interested. [June 30, 2003]
- [about Sarah Michelle Gellar winning the role of Buffy:] Initially I was disappointed, but while I didnt see it at the time, I know now Im better suited to Cordelia.... Moving from Buffy to Angel was great for me. On Buffy I wasnt all that high on the totem pole as far as responsibility and screen time. That all changed when I joined David [Boreanaz] in Angel. The whole thing has been such a buzz. 
- Im a mixed breed and hope to live longer because of it.
- I dont really see myself being a sex symbol at all.
- I think essentially the meaning of life is probably the journey and not really any one thing or an outcome or a result. I think its kinda the process and I think that if you can find happiness in the process then maybe thats it. I just feel really in love with life and the life Ive created with my family. So it works for me.
- Well, I can tell you what my goals are. I have a son now, so I want the half-hour sitcom lifestyle, where you can have a family and work. And then, during summer hiatus, Id like to do a Kill Bill or Wonder Woman or some movie like that.
- You can take the girl out of Vegas, but you cant take the Vegas out of the girl.
- "I was a little turned off by the idea of doing another bitch. But my agent put it to me quite frankly, that you have to be known before you can be typecast." (On her role as Cordelia)
- My mom owned a retail store, so I had these hot satin pants. I was like Satan at my all-Christian school.
- [on playing "Kendall Casablancas" on "Veronica Mars" (2004) ] "The name is really spectacular. My manager was like, "Its the best name in prime time." I just laughed at him".
- [on posing for Playboy] "I wanted to get back to my old self. I wanted to feel desirable and sexy. So I thought, "What if I went full throttle?"
Charisma Carpenter Photoshoots
- "Veronica" (Netherlands), 29 March 2008, Iss. 13, "Digitale TV-Tips"
- "Playboy" (USA), March 2007, Vol. 54, Iss. 3, pg. 112, by: staff, "Playboy's 25 Sexiest Celebrities"
- "Men's Edge" (USA), April 2006, Vol. 2, Iss. 4, pg. 64-69, by: John Russo, "We've Got Charisma"
- "Playboy" (USA), June 2004, Vol. 51, Iss. 6, pg. 138-147, by: Russell James, "Earth Angel"
- "Maxim" (UK), March 2002, Iss. 83, pg. 94-101, by: Richard McLaren, "No Angel"
- "Stuff" (USA), 1999, Vol. 1, Iss. 2, pg. 102-107, by: Isabel Snyder, "Charisma"
Charisma Carpenter Other Works
- TV commercial for Secret Anti-perspirant Deodorant
- TV Commercial for Spree Candy (1999)
- TV commercial for Long John Silver's Seafood restaurants (1993)
- TV commercial for Mervyns Department Stores
- Is the narrator for the audiobook, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Immortal"
- written by Christopher Golden and Nancy Holder and available on two
- sound cassettes published by Simon & Schuster in 1999.
Charisma Carpenter Trademarks
- Birthmark on her jawline