|NUDE PICTURES: 1|
|Katheryn Winnick GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 4,429|
|LAST UPDATED: March 15, 2019|
Katheryn Winnick Biography
- As her impressively diverse list of credits attests, the beautiful Canadian-born Katheryn Winnick has always been drawn to the unconventional, showing range and depth with every role she plays. Winnick will next star as the fearless shield maiden, Lagertha, wife and warrior of a great Viking leader in the new eagerly-anticipated television series "Vikings". Produced by MGM and The History Channel, "Vikings" is an epic historical drama that chronicles legendary events of the medieval times, also starring Golden Globe Winner, Gabriel Byrne and Travis Fimmel. Winnick considers "Vikings" to be her most precious acting memories to date. This year alone, Winnick exemplifies her talent and diversity in roles when she appears as Charlie Sheens ex in "A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III" (co starring Bill Murray, Patricia Arquette, and Jason Schwartzman); and alongside Al Pacino, Christopher Walken, and Alan Arkin in Lakeshore Entertainments "Stand Up Guys". Upcoming, Winnick can be seen opposite Kurt Russell and Matt Dillon in the heist comedy "The Fix". Recent career highlights include a sexy turn opposite Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway in Ed Zwicks "Love and Other Drugs"; a fun, physically demanding role as one of the eponymous assassins in the Ashton Kutcher, Katherine Heigl action-comedy, "Killers" (in which Winnick did all her own stunts); a juicy recurring role as David Boreanazs love interest on Foxs hit primetime TV series, "Bones"; and a subtly endearing performance in Sophie Barthes "Cold Souls" (2009) alongside Academy Award-nominated co-stars Paul Giamatti, Emily Watson, and David Straitharn that resulted in a nod for Best Ensemble Cast at that years Independent Spirit Awards. Winnick demonstrates talent beyond the acting realm as an accomplished martial artist. After receiving her first Black Belt at the ripe old age of thirteen, she went on to compete in the Canadian Nationals, opened a handful of highly-successful Tae Kwon Do schools in and around Toronto, and - as if all that was not enough - eventually trained to become a licensed bodyguard. She currently holds a third-degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and a second-degree Black Belt in Karate. Katheryn resides in Los Angeles.
Katheryn Winnick Filmography
- (2013) The Art of the Steal as Lola
- (2013) Vikings as Lagertha
- (2013) Vikings as Lagertha Lothbrok
- (2012) A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III as Ivana
- (2012) Children of the Air as Samantha Thomas
- (2012) MSN Exclusives as Herself (2013)
- (2012) Stand Up Guys as Oxana
- (2012) Transporter: The Series as Darcy Daniels
- (2011) Bat $#*! Crazy as Girlfriend
- (2010) Choose as Fiona Wagner
- (2010) Killers as Vivian
- (2010) Love & Other Drugs as 'Lisa'
- (2010) Night and Day as July
- (2010) Nikita as Kelly
- (2010) Radio Free Albemuth as Rachel Brady
- (2010) The Gates as Kat Russo
- (2010) The Glades as Valerie Dorman
- (2010) Tranced as Cleo
- (2009) Cold Souls as Sveta
- (2008) Amusement as Tabitha
- (2007) Law Dogs as Lisa Bennett
- (2007) Tipping Point as Nina Patterson
- (2007) When Nietzsche Wept as Lou Salome
- (2006) 13 Graves as Amy
- (2006) Cloud 9 as Olga
- (2006) Failure to Launch as Melissa
- (2006) Kiss Me Again as Chalice
- (2005) Bones as Hannah Burley
- (2005) Criminal Minds as Maggie Lowe
- (2005) Hellraiser: Hellworld as Chelsea
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself - Guest
- (2005) Ticket to Hellworld: A Behind-the-Scenes Look as Herself
- (2005) Trump Unauthorized as Ivana Trump
- (2004) 50 First Dates as Young Woman
- (2004) CSI: NY as Lisa Kay
- (2004) Going the Distance as Trish
- (2004) House M.D. as Eve
- (2004) Our Time Is Up as Waif
- (2004) Satan's Little Helper as Jenna Whooly
- (2003) 1-800-Missing as Julie Snyner
- (2003) 10-8: Officers on Duty as Lucy Johnson
- (2003) What Alice Found as Julie
- (2003) Wild Card as Kendall
- (2002) CSI: Miami as Nicole Harjo
- (2002) Daddy's Little Girl as
- (2002) Fabled as Liz
- (2002) Smoking Herb as Marcia
- (2002) The It Factor as Herself
- (2002) Two Weeks Notice as Tiffany
- (2001) Biohazardous as Jennifer
- (2001) Law & Order: Criminal Intent as Carrie Conlon
- (2001) Law & Order: Criminal Intent as Karyn Barrett
- (2001) Screech Owls as Brianna Styles
- (2001) Tracker as Laura
- (2000) CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as Maureen Martin
- (1999) Relic Hunter as Roselyn
- (1997) Oz as Liesel Robson
- (1997) Student Bodies as Holly Benson
- (1996) PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal as Suzie
- (1990) Law & Order as Sarah Shipley
Katheryn Winnick Trivia and Facts
- Studied acting at New Yorks William Esper Studio.
- Is fluent in Ukrainian.
- Won silver medals at the Canadian National Tae Kwon Do finals.
- Got kicked out of summer camp for "reckless behavior" when she was 14.
- Her brother Adam is a Canadian soldier fighting in Afghanistan.
- Holds a 3rd-Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, a 2nd-Degree Black Belt in Karate, and is a licensed bodyguard.
- Opened her first martial arts studio at the age of sixteen, Win Kai Martial Arts, which quickly expanded to three successful branches in New York and Toronto.
- Chosen by Vanity Fair to appear in the magazines high-profile and highly-selective "Vanities" section (September 2009).
- Was handpicked from thousands of aspiring young actors to be featured in the initial season of Bravos popular documentary TV series, "The It Factor" (2002).
- Her brother Markjan Winnick is also an actor.
Katheryn Winnick Photoshoots
- "Maxim" (USA), December 2010, pg. 18-19, by: Chris Fortuna, "Circus Maximus"