|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Gabriela Spanic GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 1,569|
|LAST UPDATED: March 2, 2014|
Gabriela Spanic Biography
- Gabriela studied psychology, but she knew all the time that her real passion is acting. In 1992, she participated in a beauty pageant, and won the title of "Miss Venezuela International". Gabriela first appeared as an extra, which brought her the opportunity to earn bigger parts in the future. She appeared in "Rosangelica" (1993), where she played Karla. The role which led to her first lead role was her performance in "Morena Clara" (1995) where she showed all of her talent as bitchy Linda Prado. In 1994 her lead role was for soap opera "Como tú, ninguna" (1996). Her partner on the show was Venezuelan actor Miguel de León who later became her husband. Gabriela moved with her husband to Mexico. Two roles were offered to Gabriela. Poor and goodhearted Paulina and evil sarcastic Paola. "La usurpadora" (1998) broke all the records with audiences and become one of the most popular soap opera in Mexico, and in 120 other countries, and was translated into 25 languages.She later divorced. Gaby is planning to surprise us with her singing talent in this new project. Her contract with "Televisa" expires in May 2001. Since, she has become such a big star, there is no doubt that "Televisa" will offer her the new one.
Gabriela Spanic Filmography
- (2012) La Otra Cara del Alma as Alma Hernández
- (2011) Emperatriz as Emperatriz Jurado
- (2010) Soy tu dueña as Ivana Dorantes Rangel
- (2006) 2006 Billboard Latin Music Awards as Herself
- (2006) Muévete as Herself
- (2006) Tierra de pasiones as Valeria San Román
- (2005) 2005 Billboard Latin Music Awards as Herself
- (2005) Decisiones as Daniela
- (2005) Decisiones as Mariela
- (2004) 2004 Billboard Latin Music Awards as Herself
- (2004) Prisionera as Guadalupe Santos
- (2003) Alegrijes y rebujos as Herself (1999)
- (2002) Al rojo vivo con María Celeste as Herself
- (2002) Al rojo vivo con María Celeste as Herself (voice)
- (2002) La venganza as Valentina Díaz/Helena Fontana
- (2001) La intrusa as Virginia Martínez Roldán de Junquera Brito
- (1999) Por tu amor as Aurora de Montalvo/María del Cielo Montalvo de Durán
- (1998) La usurpadora as Paulina Bracho
- (1998) La usurpadora as Paulina Martínez/Paola Bracho
- (1998) Más allá de la usurpadora as Paulina Bracho
- (1996) Como tú, ninguna as Gilda Barreto
- (1996) Quirpa de tres mujeres as Emiliana Echeverría Salazar
- (1996) Todo por tu amor as Petra Josefina Marcano alias Amaranta Rey
- (1995) Morena Clara as Linda Prado
- (1994) María Celeste as Celina Hidalgo
- (1993) Rosangelica as Carla
- (1992) Divina obsesión as
- (1992) La loba herida as (uncredited)
- (1991) Mundo de fieras as
- (1968) Almorzando con Mirtha Legrand as Herself
Gabriela Spanic Trivia and Facts
- Gabriela donated the wheelchair she used in the TV series "La Usurpadora" to a worthy cause.
- Has a pet snake Cleopatra which she and her twin sister saved from being killed and nursed it back to health.
- Has a Croatian background from her father. He moved from Croatia to Venezuela with his parents in 1947
- Gaby Spanic was a student of Marjorie Flores, and a member of "El Ballet de Marjorie Flores."
- She was an original guest on "El Club de Los Tigritos."
- She has a twin sister, Daniela Spanic who played Paola Bracho in a fight scene of "La usurpadora" (1998). It was too hard to film the twins using camera tricks, so the producers contracted Daniela, who is a fashion model, to make this scene "fighting" her real life twin Gabriela, who then, played the part of Paulina. Gabriela revealed this in the Argentinian television show "Almorzando con Mirtha Legrand".
- Was Miss Body in the "Miss Venezuela International" (1992)
- On 7th of July 2008 she gave birth to her first child, a son named Gabriel de Jesús. Father is Neil Perez.
- Has two brothers named Antonio and Adiel and a younger sister named Patricia.