|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Kari Byron GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 2,021|
|LAST UPDATED: February 13, 2015|
Kari Byron Biography
- Kari Elizabeth Byron (born December 18, 1974) is a San Francisco-based television host and artist, best known for her featured role on the Discovery Channel show MythBusters. On MythBusters, Byron is a co-host and, with fellow co-hosts and "Build Team" members Tory Belleci and Grant Imahara, works with Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman to test the plausibility of various myths. She and the others also host their own segments. She became involved in the show after persistently showing up at Hyneman's M5 Industries workshop in a desire to get hired by his company. On her first day as a paid employee, she was asked by Hyneman and MythBusters producer Peter Rees to help out with the "vacuum plane toilet" myth, and was asked to model her buttocks for a cast. She and the other Build Team members were given a more prominent role beginning with the show's second season. Not having had a long history in show business, Byron at first found it difficult to act naturally with this more visible position but gradually became more accustomed to it.
Kari Byron Filmography
- (2012) G4 Presents Comic Con 2012 Live as Herself
- (2012) Punkin Chunkin 2012 as Herself
- (2012) Sharkzilla as Herself
- (2011) Large, Dangerous, Rocket Ships as Herself
- (2011) Punkin Chunkin 2011 as Herself - Host
- (2010) Conan as Herself - Guest
- (2010) Large, Dangerous, Rocket Ships as Herself - Host
- (2005) Beyond Tomorrow as Herself
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself
- (2003) MythBusters as Herself (uncredited)
- (2003) MythBusters as Herself - Body Mold Model (uncredited)
- (2003) MythBusters as Herself - Builder
- (2003) MythBusters as Herself - Builder (archive footage)
- (2003) MythBusters as Herself - Builder (uncredited)
- (2003) MythBusters as Herself - Host
- (2003) MythBusters as Herself - Host (also archive footage)
- (2003) MythBusters as Herself - Host (archive footage)
- (2003) MythBusters as Herself - Host (as Scary Byron)
- (2003) MythBusters as Herself - Host (credit only)
- (1993) Late Show with David Letterman as Herself
Kari Byron Trivia and Facts
- She studied film and sculpture at San Francisco State University.
- After graduation, she had a career as an artist, working in sculpture and painting and holding exhibitions at some of San Franciscos leading galleries.
- Graduated from Los Gatos (California) High School and San Francisco State University.
- Parents are Dennis and Sue Byron.
- Beginning early in November, 1998, after college graduation, she took a year-long trip around the world with friend Dawn Gilbert. First visiting the Cook Islands, she then went to Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Malaysia, Thailand, Tokyo, Nepal and India by March 1999. At that point, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, and then Europe remained on her plans.
- Younger sister, Summer Byron, graduated from Los Gatos High School in 1996, then earned a communications degree from Sonoma State University.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Was once a face-painting clown.
- Once helped resuscitate a dying duck during a myth on Mythbusters which went wrong.
- Announced that she is expecting her first child. [February 26, 2009].
- Gave birth to a baby girl, Stella Ruby, on June 28, 2009.
Kari Byron Quotes
- Remarking on the topless Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia: "This must be where the beautiful people go."
- A visit with a Balinese girl and her family "left me with an uneasiness I couldnt cure. I felt guilty and sad - Komangs family lived in a two-room shack with no doors - because I have a full stomach in every sense. Lesson learned. Life appreciated in a new way."
- I have grown quite fond of firearms. I have always been an anti-gun liberal, but the rush you get from an M134D Gatling gun with 30 caliber bullets firing at 3,000 rounds per minute is unbelievable. (Source: Geek Monthly, January 2008, p. 35)
- [at conclusion of Mythbusters "Do pretty girls fart?" experiment]: Can I take the microphone out of my butt now?
Kari Byron Photoshoots
- "Geek Monthly" (USA), January 2008, pg. 32, "The Mythbusters"
- "FHM" (USA), June 2006, Iss. 68, pg. 74-78, by: Photography by Joseph Cultice, "Extreme Science Class!"
Kari Byron Trademarks
- Red hair