Rachel Hurd Wood
|NUDE PICTURES: 1|
|Rachel Hurd Wood GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 1,697|
|LAST UPDATED: January 2, 2014|
Rachel Hurd Wood Biography
- Rachel Clare Hurd-Wood (born 17 August 1990) is an English actress and model. She is best known for her role as Wendy Darling in the 2003 film Peter Pan. Rachel Hurd-Wood was born in the Streatham district of South London, England, the daughter of Philip and Sarah Hurd-Wood. She lived in London till the age of eight, when she and her family moved to a Victorian cottage at the edge of a leafy forest in Godalming, Surrey. She moved back to London into a shared flat for pursuing her degree in linguistics at University College London at the age of eighteen. She moved into her own house in London just before her 21st birthday. She has a younger brother, Patrick who appeared with her in Peter Pan as one of the sleeping children in the Ã¢Â€ÂœI Do Believe In FairiesÃ¢Â€Â scene. He also plays the role of Samuel Crowthorn alongside his sister in her later film, Solomon Kane in which she plays Meredith Crowthorn. Her father's work involves performing, writing scripts and doing voice-overs for commercials. She joined a drama club in her school and took part in its stage production during her second year. Hurd-Wood dispelled the false rumour that her uncle is Hugh Laurie in a 2009 SeptemberÃ¢Â€Â“October interview for the magazine Little White Lies: The An Education Issue and then again in a 2010 live Myspace web chat for the film Tomorrow, When the War Began. Ã¢Â€ÂœMy uncle lives in Wales and is an artistÃ¢Â€Â, she says.
Rachel Hurd Wood Filmography
- (2013) Highway to Dhampus as Elizabeth James
- (2011) Hideaways as Mae-West O'Mara
- (2011) The Mapmaker as Young Isabel
- (2010) The Making of Solomon Kane as Herself
- (2010) Tomorrow, When the War Began as Corrie Mackenzie
- (2009) Dorian Gray as Sibyl Vane
- (2009) Solomon Kane as Meredith Crowthorn
- (2007) The Story of 'Perfume' as Herself
- (2006) Perfume: The Story of a Murderer as Laura
- (2005) An American Haunting as Betsy Bell/Entity Voice
- (2004) Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Silk Stocking as Imogen Helhoughton
- (2003) BBC Special: Peter Pan as Wendy Darling (archive footage)
- (2003) ITV Special: Peter Pan as Wendy Darling (archive footage)
- (2003) Peter Pan as Wendy Darling
Rachel Hurd Wood Trivia and Facts
- When she was younger, she was jealous of the Wendy character in the Disney film Peter Pan (1953) , because that Wendy got to swordfight and fly.
- She enjoys ice skating, art and listening to rap and hip-hop music.
- She found out about the role of Wendy in Peter Pan (2003) after her grandparents saw an advert on television. They contacted Rachels mother and when she came home from school one day her mother started measuring her, when she found Rachel was in the height requirements, she said Rachel could audition.
- She has often said she does not plan on continuing to have a career of being an actress. In 2003/2004, she said she loves dolphins and hopes to become a marine biologist. In a September/October 2009 interview with Little White Lies magazine, she said she wants to teach, do speech therapy, or work with autistic children, in which she also stated, "It was never my goal to be an actor".
- Older sister of Patrick Hurd-Wood.
- Lives in a cottage at the edge of a forest with her parents and brother in Godalming, Surrey, England
- Daughter of Philip Hurd-Wood and Sarah Hurd-Wood.
- She attended Rodborough Technology College from 2001-2006. The school is located in Milford, Surrey, England.
- Is half Irish.
- (2009) Studying Linguistics at University College London.
- Her father Philip Hurd-Wood is a voiceover artist and actor. Her mother Sarah is a housewife.
- Born in Streatham, England before moving to Surrey, England with her parents when she was eight years old.
- Ranked as having one of the "Most Beautiful Famous Faces" for 3 consecutive years by "The Annual Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Famous Faces From Around the World". She was ranked #54 in 2010, #16 in 2009, and #36 in 2008.
Rachel Hurd Wood Quotes
- First acting experience - so that was just, incredible, I never thought that Id get it, I really didnt. I still cant believe it - you know, it just seems so weird, and seeing it up on the big screen. I kind of disassociate the finished product to when we were actually filming because the two seem so different.
- Its like a dream... one minute I am walking across the playground to maths and next, Im flying to Hollywood to meet the worlds press.
- English Rose - what does that actually mean? That I am pale? That I am English, maybe? They are going to say that about any actress from this country!
- Ive been a victim in every film I have done so far. It would be nice to play someone who doesnt get killed for once. Then again, I am getting really good at screaming and fake tears...
- [When asked if she would have become an actor had it not been for her lucky break at age 11 as Wendy in Peter Pan (2003) ]: Probably not. I want to teach or do speech therapy [she is currently doing a linguistics degree], maybe working with autistic children. It was never my goal to be an actor. If my career ends here then fine. Its just a path in life and Ive had a damn good time.
- [When asked if she was worried on the effect of being touted as the next big thing by critics on her acting profile after the hype of Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006) ]: Im not bothered with my profile. Although I had auditions [after Perfume] my heart wasnt really in it. My primary focus has always been on school. I wouldnt describe myself as an actor. Id describe myself as a student.
- [on being typecast in period pieces]: Im sick of having red hair but people seem to like that aesthetic. I would really like to play someone contemporary as Ive done lots of period pieces. I would love to play an American bimbo or a grimy Londoner. But Im probably more suited in peoples minds to playing a corseted victim. They think, Oh right, shes pale, she looks like she couldnt really fight back.
Rachel Hurd Wood Other Works
- (2010) Music video appearance: "Revolver" by 'Warehouse Republic'.
- (2007) Music video appearance: "Fatherhood/Motherhood" by Ox.Eagle.Lion.Man
- (2006) Music video appearance: "A Little Bit" by 'Madeleine Peyroux' .