|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Bahar Soomekh GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 520|
|LAST UPDATED: November 19, 2012|
Bahar Soomekh Biography
- Bahar Soomekh was born on March 30th 1975 in Tehran, Iran, to a Persian Jewish family, and moved, at age 4, with her parents and sister, Saba Soomekh, to Los Angeles, United States in 1979, to escape the Iranian revolution. She attended a Yeshiva, Sinai Akiba Academy and Beverly Hills High School, where she played the violin in the school orchestra. She majored in environmental studies at the University of California at Santa Barbara. Soomekh began working at a corporate job, and took acting classes at night, before quitting her job to pursue a full-time acting career. Bahar began acting at age 27, guest starring in television shows like "Without a Trace" (2002), "24" (2001), "JAG" (1995), among others. She got her big break portraying an Iranian-American woman named Dorri, speaking fluent English and Farsi, in the Academy Award winner for Best Picture, Crash (2004/I). The whole cast won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Cast in a Motion Picture. Bahar also appeared in the directors cut version of another Academy Award winning movie, Syriana (2005), playing Yassi. Bahar got some more attention playing Davians Translator in Mission: Impossible III (2006). She had a leading role in the horror film Saw III (2006), playing a victim, Dr. Lynn Denlon. She had also portrayed Margo on the television series "Day Break" (2006). Recently, Soomekh got one of the lead roles as Hollis on the television Series "The Oaks" (2008), which will come out in the fall of 2008.
Bahar Soomekh Filmography
- (2013) Those Who Kill as
- (2012) Just Like a Woman as Soha
- (2010) Miami Medical as Vanessa
- (2010) Parenthood as Dr. Haryana
- (2009) Castle as Nazihah Alhabi
- (2009) Lost & Found as Abigail
- (2009) Saw VI as Lynn Denlon (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (2008) Saw V as Lynn (archive footage)
- (2008) The Oaks as Hollis
- (2007) Saw IV as Lynn Denlon
- (2006) 12th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards as Herself
- (2006) Day Break as Margo
- (2006) In Justice as Neena Oponi
- (2006) Mission: Impossible III as Davian's Translator
- (2006) Saw III as Lynn Denlon
- (2006) The Unit as Firefly
- (2005) Bones as Sahar Masruk
- (2005) Ghost Whisperer as Tricia
- (2005) Syriana as Yassi (uncredited)
- (2004) A Lousy 10 Grand as Najah (as Bahar)
- (2004) Crash as Dorri
- (2004) Intermission as Hair Wearer
- (2003) Naked Hotel as Bhurka Woman
- (2002) Without a Trace as Agent Salman (as Bahar)
- (2001) 24 as Hessa Marwan (scenes deleted)
- (2000) CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as Dr. Sylvia Sloane
- (1995) JAG as Amira Sattar
- (1995) JAG as Jasmine
Bahar Soomekh Trivia and Facts
- Graduated from Beverly Hills High School in 1993, where she played violin in the school orchestra.
- "Bahar" in Persian means; spring, a new life.
- Graduated in environmental studies from the University of California at Santa Barbara.
- Was one of People magazines 100 Most beautiful people in the world (2006)
- Is of Persian Jewish descent and speaks fluent Persian (Farsi) and English.
- Her sister, Saba, teaches Theology at Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles.
Bahar Soomekh Photoshoots
- "Oprah Magazine" (USA), October 2006, Vol. 7, Iss. 10, pg. 323, by: Fabrizio Ferri, "Suits, The Female of the Species"
- "Salon City" (USA), October 2006, Vol. 6, Iss. 5, pg. 40-49, by: Leah Sydney, "Wild on Bahar"
- "People Magazine" (USA), 8 May 2006, Vol. 65, Iss. 18, pg. 136, by: Andrew MacPherson, "100 Most Beautiful People"
- "Gulf News Tabloid" (U.A.E.), 7 March 2006, pg. 12, by: AFT, "The Full Oscar Story - Lights, Camera, Glamour"
- "Life & Style Weekly" (USA), 13 February 2006, Vol. 3, Iss. 7, pg. 10-11, "SAG Awards - Best Moments"
- "Hollywood Reporter" (USA), 29 April 2005, Vol. CCCLXXXVIII, Iss. 47, pg. 68, by: Sara Bakhshian, "Collision Course"
- "People" (USA), 20 March 2005, Vol. 65, Iss. 11, pg. 120, "2006 Oscar Parties"