|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Katie Leung GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 1,992|
|LAST UPDATED: August 30, 2013|
Katie Leung Biography
- Katie Liu Leung was born in Scotland to Peter and Kar Wai Li Leung, who are now divorced. She lives at home with her father, two brothers and one sister. She attended one of Scotlands most prestigious private schools, Hamilton College. Katies father saw an advertisement for a casting call and suggested Katie try out. Katie objected when she saw the length of the line at the casting auditions and said shed rather go shopping. She waited for a total of 4 hours before she got in. The audition for her only took 5 minutes and the next two weeks, she got called in for a workshop and from then on, she got the part as Cho Chang.
Katie Leung Filmography
- (2013) Run as Ying
- (2011) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 as Cho Chang
- (2010) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 as Cho Chang
- (2009) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince as Cho Chang
- (2009) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince as Cho Chang (VG) (voice)
- (2007) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as Cho Chang
- (2007) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as Cho Chang (VG) (voice)
- (2006) 2006 Asian Excellence Awards as Herself - Nominee
- (2006) Preparing for the Yule Ball as Herself
- (2006) Reflections on the Fourth Film as Herself
- (2005) 'Harry Potter': Behind the Magic as Herself
- (2005) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire as Cho Chang
- (1992) HBO First Look as Herself
- (1989) Agatha Christie's Poirot as Hsui Tai
Katie Leung Trivia and Facts
- Beat out over 3,000 girls to make her debut as "Cho Chang" in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005).
- Parents are Kar Wai Li & Peter Leung (divorced)
- Attended Hamilton College, a prestigious private school in Hamilton, Scotland. Since finishing school in May 2005, Katie wants to either study art at university or embark on an acting career.
- Author J.K. Rowling insisted that the actress to play "Cho" had to be a complete unknown.
- According to her father, she had never been in a school play and went for the audition "on a whim"..
- Her dad runs a successful restaurant in Glasgow & a thriving Chinese food wholesale business
- Lives with her father, two brothers (Jonathan and Darren) in an exclusive district of Motherwell, Scotland while her sister (Nichole) lives in Hong Kong.
- She achieved pass results in English, maths, chemistry, biology and art in her Highers (Scottish high school exams).
- Can speak Cantonese and some Mandarin.
- Parents are originally from Hong Kong
- [September 2005] She plans to defer going to university so she can continue to play Cho Chang in the Harry Potter films.
- Has two brothers (one named Jonathan) and a younger sister (Violet)
- Values her brother, Jonathans, opinions most
- If she could be given any magical power, Katie says she would like to be able to read boys minds.
- Her favorite Chinese actors are Aaron Kwok and Stephen Chow .
- Katie has a younger cousin called Sophie Leung who also goes to Hamilton College. Sophie will be going into her 6th year in Primary School.
- Favorite actor is Joaquin Phoenix.
Katie Leung Quotes
- [on acting] "I wouldnt want to be in a film because Im Asian. I want to get respect as an actress."
- [on hate sites regarding her and her role in Harry Potter] "This kind of stuff is inevitable because Dan has so many female fans - millions of them - so Im nor surprised some of them dont like me. But I dont think its all based on jealousy. Im not going to satisfy everyones preconceptions of Cho."
- [on playing Cho] "If this turns out to be my only film then I think it would be pretty cool to be known as Harry Potters first crush."
- During the scene of the Yule Ball, the ground was very slippery and I was wearing high heels and I slipped but good thing I grabbed onto Robert so I didnt fall and good thing the cameras werent where we were yet. Oh, that was so embarrassing!
- I always had a problem with shyness at school and would never stick my hand up in class if I was stuck at something. I didnt want to be the center of attention, all those eyes looking at me would have made me really nervous. I guess actresses use that adrenalin and it makes them do it better. Does that sound really stupid?