|NUDE PICTURES: 10|
|Katharine McPhee GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 15,872|
|LAST UPDATED: January 9, 2019|
Katharine McPhee Biography
- Katharine Hope McPhee (born March 25, 1984) is an American pop singer, songwriter and actress. She gained fame as a contestant on the fifth season of the Fox reality show American Idol in 2006, eventually finishing as the runner-up. As of 2012, McPhee is one of the lead actresses on Smash. Her self-titled debut album was released on RCA Records on January 30, 2007 and debuted at number two on the Billboard 200; it has sold 381,000 copies to date. The album's first single, "Over It", was a Pop Top 30 hit and was certified gold in 2008.
Katharine McPhee Filmography
- (2012) National Football League Honors as Herself
- (2012) Smash as Karen Cartwright
- (2012) The 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards as Herself - Presenter: Best Actor in a Mini-Series or TV Movie
- (2011) Christmas in Rockefeller Center as Herself - Special Guest
- (2011) Peace, Love, & Misunderstanding as Sara
- (2011) Shark Night 3D as Beth
- (2011) You May Not Kiss the Bride as Masha Nikitin
- (2010) All American New Year 2011 as Herself - Musical Guest
- (2010) An Evening of Stars: Tribute to Lionel Richie as Herself
- (2010) The Pink House as Emily
- (2010) When I Was 17 as
- (2009) Chris Botti in Boston as Herself
- (2009) Community as Amber
- (2009) Kaleidoscope as Herself
- (2009) Late Night with Jimmy Fallon as Herself - Guest
- (2009) Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as Herself
- (2009) The Last Caller as
- (2009) The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien as Herself - Musical Guest
- (2009) Tit for Tat as Kat
- (2008) 2008 MTV Movie Awards as Herself
- (2008) Crazy as Paramount Girl
- (2008) Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore as Herself (VG) (uncredited)
- (2008) Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 as Herself (VG) (uncredited)
- (2008) Kira Plastinina: In Her Own Words as Herself
- (2008) Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular as Herself
- (2008) The Bonnie Hunt Show as Herself
- (2008) The House Bunny as Harmony
- (2008) The Red Dress Collection 2007 Fashion Show as Herself
- (2008) The Wendy Williams Show as Herself
- (2007) Chelsea Lately as Herself - Guest
- (2007) Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol as Herself (VG) (uncredited)
- (2007) Mother Goose Parade as Herself - Performer
- (2007) The Morning Show with Mike & Juliet as Herself
- (2006) 2006 American Music Awards as Herself - Presenter
- (2006) Christmas Celebration at the Grove as Herself
- (2006) JCPenney Jam: The Concert for America's Kids as Herself - Performer
- (2006) Lonelygirl15 as Random Girl
- (2006) Rachael Ray as
- (2006) Rachael Ray as Herself
- (2006) The 2006 Billboard Music Awards as Herself
- (2006) The Dr. Keith Ablow Show as Herself
- (2006) THS Investigates: Starving for Perfection as Herself
- (2006) Ugly Betty as Herself
- (2006) VH1 Big in 06 Awards as Herself
- (2004) CSI: NY as Odessa Shaw/Dana Melton
- (2004) Fashion News Live as Herself
- (2004) The Biggest Loser as Herself
- (2004) The Soup as Herself
- (2003) Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show as Herself
- (2003) Jimmy Kimmel Live! as Herself
- (2003) Jimmy Kimmel Live! as Herself - Musical Guest
- (2002) American Idol: The Search for a Superstar as Herself
- (2002) American Idol: The Search for a Superstar as Herself - Guest Performer
- (2002) AOL Sessions as Performer
- (1999) Family Guy as Mother Maggie (voice)
- (1999) The Early Show as Herself
- (1997) The View as Herself
- (1996) Access Hollywood as Herself
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself - Guest
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself - Musical Guest
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself - Guest
- (1985) Larry King Live as Herself
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
- (1970) Great Performances as Herself
- () Depravity as
Katharine McPhee Trivia and Facts
- Daughter of singer and vocal coach Peisha Arten and Daniel McPhee.
- Lives in California.
- Was roommates with fellow "American Idol: The Search for a Superstar" (2002) contestant Kellie Pickler.
- She sang "Since I Fell for You", "All in Love is Fair", and "Think" to advance to the top 12 of "American Idol: The Search for a Superstar" (2002).
- Her older sisters name is Adriana McPhee , who is a vocal coach like their mother, Peisha Arten.
- Attended the Boston Conservatory of Music for 3 semesters.
- Her fans are known as "The Kat Pack" and "McPhans".
- She performs the song "Think", originally sung by Aretha Franklin , on the "American Idol" top 12 CD.
- She came in second place on May 24, 2006, next to "American Idol: The Search for a Superstar" (2002) season 5 winner Taylor Hicks .
- Her hit single is "My Destiny", to be released on June 20, 2006.
- She won a car during the American Idol finale. It was a black Ford Mustang.
- She has a goddaughter who was born during her run in Hollywood.
- Attended Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks with Rachel Bilson and Kirsten Dunst.
- She released her own version of "Over The Rainbow" along with her hit single, "My Destiny".
- In the opening dates of "The American Idol Tour 2006", she suffered bronchitis, laryngitis, and broke her foot before an August 1 concert date.
- Has a Chihuahua named Nena.
- Ranked #47 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Battled with Bulimia eating disorder.
- Engaged to Nick Cokas [September 28, 2007].
- Married Nick Cokas in Beverly Hills, McPhees representative, Justin Grey Stone , told People Magazine. Former "American Idol: The Search for a Superstar" (2002) contestants Kellie Pickler and Mandisa Hundley were among the 305 wedding guests. (2 February 2008).
- Grew up in the same neighborhood as her The House Bunny (2008) co-star Anna Faris , but never met until filming began.
- Before being on "American Idol: The Search for a Superstar" (2002) , she was a struggling actress trying to get a break.
- She set-up "McPhee Outreach" to finance a school in Africa .
- Loves classical music.
- One of her personal American idols is Stevie Wonder.
Katharine McPhee Quotes
- On coming second to Taylor Hicks : "I dont need sad faces or anyone to feel bad for me. I have got a record deal, pretty much. It wasnt about winning the title, I just wanted to give the best performance I could".
- When I made it onto American Idol, I knew that food - my eating disorder - was the one thing really holding me back. I was binging my whole life away for days at a time. So when I got on the show, I said, You know what? I can do well in this competition. Let me give myself a chance and just get a hold of this thing.... Thats why I say American Idol saved my life, because if I hadnt auditioned I dont think I would have gotten a handle on food.
- People made a big deal out of [my album cover being racy]. They said,Shes a slut, blah blah blah. But Im really not showing that much skin. Its all suggested.
- I want to have, like, 15 babies. Ive always wanted to be pregnant. One year for Halloween, I decided to be pregnant, so I got this nun costume, and I put a big belly under it. I showed my parents and said I want to go to school as a pregnant nun. My dad sat me down and said,Katharine, you cant!
- We had our first table read last week, and [producer] Adam Sandler was sitting right across from me making faces, I was nervous, [but] I love Adam. Ive always been a big fan of his movies and that kind of comedy. I met Adam and was like, This is so crazy!
- I was prematurely developed, as a freshman, I looked like a junior; I had boobs. Some of the older kids saw me in the yearbook and said I was cute. I came from an all-girl school. I was determined to get a boyfriend!
- When I turned 21, I thought it was a good age to explore. Youre no longer a teenager, so its okay [to date older guys]. I gravitated toward them, and I love them. Theyre just wiser, and theyre less about themselves and more about you.
- I love being a role model. Its still a mans world in society. Girls should keep working on themselves.
- [on Marilyn Monroe ] She got our attention initially, of course, because she was so effortlessly beautiful. We all have a fascination with beautiful women and the struggles they go through in a mans world.
- Hillary [Hillary Rodham Clinton ] is such an advocate for women and stuff like that.
- [Regarding problems getting her acting career started] Yeah, my thinking was, Im going to go on [American] Idol because that will give me exposure. Ill be the slightly chubby pretty girl they give a makeover to. I dont care if I win. I probably wont.
- For me, with men, I will fixate on something. Ill say, Im obsessed with your chin. Ill kiss his chin and munch on it, and I think that makes people feel good.
- Im kind of obsessed with the Kardashians.
- All I know is that when the show [Smash] started and people were so excited about the pilot, I was excited to finally be a part of something that could showcase me.
- On [American] Idol, I was very strategic with my look. I specifically wore very little makeup, did very little with my hair. I wore beat-up jeans and a simple jacket and I covered my body up because I knew that viewers like seeing transformation. As a viewer myself, it was one of those things I looked forward to. Its like when people watch Dancing With the Stars: They love to see the stars lose weight and start to feel confident. So I wanted to create that story - actually to push the story that I had no idea about fashion - which was not actually true.
Katharine McPhee Photoshoots
- "Playboy" (USA), December 2007, Vol. 54, Iss. 12, pg. 206, by: Pacific Coast News, "Grapevine: Spoiling The View"
- "Stuff" (USA), August 2007, Vol. 10, Iss. 8, pg. 76-81, by: Jonathan Small, "Katharine The Great"
Katharine McPhee Other Works
- (June 2005): Played "Anna Muir" in the "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir", a musical by
- Scott DeTurk and Bill Francoeur, based on the book by 'R.A. Dick' (NoHo Arts Center, North Hollywood, California, USA).
- Sang on the results night for season seven, for the top twelve.
- Sang a duet with 'Elliott Yamin' on 'Randy Jackson (II)' 's album "Randy Jackson's Music Club, Vol. 1".
- She sang "Silent Night" with her mother, 'Peisha Arten' , at the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony in Sacramento, California.
- Performed 'Whitney Houston (I)' 's "I Have Nothing" at the "Carousel of Hope Ball".
- Co-producer of the play 'Red Herring' that played at the '10th Annual New York International Fringe Festival'.
- Performed on 'American Idols LIVE! Tour 2006'.
- Sang "Can't Help Falling in Love" on 'Andrea Bocelli (I)' 's album "Under the Desert Sky", in 2006.
- Sang "Somos Novios" with 'Andrea Bocelli (I)' on the "JC Penney Jam" album, in 2006.
- Toured with musician 'Andrea Bocelli (I)' , performing duets with him on three concert dates, during 2006.
- 'Somewhere over The Rainbow/My Destiny' single, released by RCA Records in the summer of 2006.
- (2008) Sang "Connected" on Barbie and the Diamond Castle (2008) (V) and the music video at end of the movie.
- (2010) Album, "Christmas is the Time to Say I Love You".
- (2010) Music video, "Terrified", with 'Zachary Levi' and 'Kelly Overton (I)' .
Katharine McPhee Trademarks
- Curly hair