|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Kristine Sutherland GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 293|
|LAST UPDATED: March 11, 2014|
Kristine Sutherland Biography
- Kristine Sutherlands first love was theater. She went to an audition in high school as moral support for a friend but ended up auditioning herself. She worked as an actress on stage through the 80s, landing a few pilot roles as well as her small secretary part in Legal Eagles (1986) and her big-screen debut in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989), In 1993, Kristine and her husband John Pankow (actor, best known as "Ira" on "Mad About You" (1992)) moved to Los Angeles, looking to enjoy their daughters upbringing. Kristine told as few people as possible that she was moving and was surprised when she received a phone call from her agent, telling her that he found a part shed be perfect for. She auditioned for the role of "Joyce Summers" on televisions "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997), In 1999, John and Kristine decided to move to Italy for a year, intending to go for the duration of a school year, giving their daughter the chance to learn a language organically. Whilst Eleanore studied at school, Kristine flew back into the USA occasionally to film a few episodes of "Buffy". In 2000, they moved back to America, keeping a house in both LA and New York. Since leaving the show, Kristine has pursued other interests. She is a very keen photographer and became a qualified photographer thanks to a college course at the Santa Monica College. Kristine and her husband enjoy cooking Italian.
Kristine Sutherland Filmography
- (2013) The Following as Parker's Mother
- (2012) The Perfect Wedding as Meryl
- (2008) Comanche Moon as Elmira Forsythe
- (2008) New Amsterdam as Didi Gleason
- (2003) 'Buffy': Season 3 Overview as Herself
- (2003) 'Buffy': Season 5 Overview as Herself
- (2002) 'Buffy': Season 2 Overview as Herself
- (2002) Neko no ongaeshi as Haru's Mother (voice: English version)
- (2002) Time Shift as Joyce Summers (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (1999) Providence as Joyce Moore
- (1997) Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Joyce Summers
- (1992) California Dreams as Ariel Lange
- (1989) Honey, I Shrunk the Kids as Mae Thompson
- (1986) Easy Street as
- (1986) Easy Street as Martha
- (1986) Legal Eagles as Secretary #2
- (1986) The Art of Being Nick as Marlene Moore
- (1984) Hot Pursuit as
- (1982) Remington Steele as Pamela Johns
- (1968) One Life to Live as Dean McKenzie
Kristine Sutherland Trivia and Facts
- Appeared with David Boreanaz (Angel), Nicholas Brendon (Xander), and Mark Lutz (Groosalugg) at the Angel And Buffy Convention held at the Brighton Centre in Brighton, England, 29 August, 2003.
- Changed her professional name because there already was an actress named Kristine Young. She named herself "Sutherland" after her cat, whom she named Donald after actor Donald Sutherland .
- Mother, with John Pankow , of a daughter.
- Was cast as Buffys mother, Joyce Summers, in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997) because the producers thought she and Sarah Michelle Gellar , who played Buffy, looked a lot like each other.
- Sister-in-law of James Pankow.
- Took her last name from Donald Sutherland . Her brother-in-law, James Pankow , was a member of Chicago with Terry Kath. After Kaths death, his widow, Camelia Kath , eventually married Donalds son, Kiefer Sutherland.
- Studied Theatre at the University of Kentucky and The Drama Studio in London.
- In the episode The Girl in Question it is stated by a house-sitting Andrew Wells that Buffy and Dawn are living in Rome and Dawn is going to school there to learn Italian. This is an in-joke based on Kristine Sutherland who played Joyce Summers on Buffy. She was largely absent from season 4 because she was house-sitting in Italy, partly to allow her daughter to go to school there and learn Italian. Now her characters daughters do the same.
- Has a brother-in-law who is a police officer in Chicago.
Kristine Sutherland Quotes
- (Talking About Family Portaits) "Ideally, they are not only a portrait that captures a moment in time but also a portrait that captures the relationships between family members."
Kristine Sutherland Other Works
- Commercial for Advil Pain Reliever (2004).
- Diet Coke commercial 1985
- (1986) TV commercial: AT&T