|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Kellie Pickler GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 17,730|
|LAST UPDATED: June 9, 2014|
Kellie Pickler Biography
- Kellie Pickler was born in Albemarle, North Carolina to Cynthia Morton and Clyde "Bo" Raymond Pickler, Jr. Kelleys mother left when she was 2 but was then granted custody for two years. She was returned to her grandparents (Clyde Raymond Pickler, Sr., Faye Pickler) at age 12. Kellies father was in and out of jail throughout her childhood. She was raised by her grandparents in Albemarle, North Carolina. Her grandparents were big influences in her life. She has a half-brother named Eric, a half-sister, Courtney, and a half brother, Michael; however, she has never met Michael. Her grandmother died in January, 2002 from lung cancer and Kellie continued to lived with her grandfather and her younger brother, Eric. She graduated in 2004 from North Stanly High School in New London, North Carolina, being a cheerleader and beauty queen. In 2005, Kellie tried out for "American Idol: The Search for a Superstar" (2002) and was sent to Hollywood. She sang many famous songs, including "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson, "A Broken Wing" by Martina McBride, and "Blame it on the Sun" by Stevie Wonder. She was one of Simons favorites, but was eliminated in the Final 6. But this didnt stop her singing career. Kellie came back to Carolina and was given a key to the city on May 6, 2006, which was also called "Kellie Pickler Day". She then went to Nashville, Tennessee to pursue her dreams. In 2007, she was signed to a record deal named 19 Recordings/BNA Records. From there on, Kellie wrote and sang many songs that hit top charts, including "Red High Heels", "I Wonder", "Things that Never Cross a Mans Mind", "Dont You Know Your Beautiful, "You Didnt Know How Much I Loved You" and "The Best Days of Your Life".
Kellie Pickler Filmography
- (2013) Song by Song as Herself
- (2011) A Michael Bublé Christmas as Herself
- (2011) Celebrity Motor Homes as Herself
- (2011) CMA Country Christmas as Herself
- (2011) Day Jobs as Herself
- (2011) Naked as Herself
- (2011) The 45th Annual CMA Awards as Herself
- (2011) The Chew as Herself - Guest
- (2010) 2010 CMT Music Awards as Herself - Nominee: Collaborative Video of the Year (w/Taylor Swift) 'Best Days of Your Life'
- (2010) CMA Country Christmas as Herself - Performer
- (2010) CMA Music Fest 2010 as Herself
- (2010) Gloriana Wants Your Votes as Herself
- (2010) The 44th Annual CMA Awards as Herself
- (2009) 2009 CMT Music Awards as Herself - Performer
- (2009) 2009 CMT Music Awards Live Red Carpet Special as Herself
- (2009) 2009 CMT Music Awards Nominee Special as Herself
- (2009) 44th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards as
- (2009) Best of CMT Music Awards as Herself (archive footage)
- (2009) CMA Music Festival: Country's Night to Rock as Herself
- (2009) CMT Star: Young and Rich as Herself
- (2009) The 43rd Annual Country Music Association Awards as Herself
- (2008) 42nd Annual Country Music Association Awards as Herself
- (2008) 43rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards as
- (2008) 90210 as Sally Butler
- (2008) CMA Music Festival: Country Music's Biggest Party as Herself
- (2008) CMT 100 Greatest Videos as Herself
- (2008) CMT Online Awards as Herself
- (2008) Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 as Herself (VG) (uncredited)
- (2008) New Year's Rockin' Eve 2009 as Herself - Times Square Correspondent
- (2008) People Country Special on CMT as Herself
- (2008) The Bonnie Hunt Show as Herself
- (2008) Top 50 Videos of 2008 as Herself
- (2007) 2007 American Music Awards as Herself
- (2007) 2007 CMT Music Awards as Herself
- (2007) 41st Annual Country Music Association Awards as Herself
- (2007) 42nd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards as Herself
- (2007) Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? as Herself
- (2006) 40th Annual Country Music Association Awards as Herself
- (2006) CMA Red Carpet 2006 as Herself - Host
- (2005) CMT Star as Herself
- (2005) Dancing with the Stars as Herself - Contestant
- (2005) Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List as Herself
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself - Guest
- (2004) CMT Insider as Herself
- (2004) CMT Insider as Herself (archive footage)
- (2004) Top 20 Country Countdown as Herself
- (2003) Country Music Across America as Herself
- (2003) Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show as Herself
- (2003) Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show as Herself - Guest
- (2003) Extreme Makeover: Home Edition as Herself
- (2003) Jimmy Kimmel Live! as Herself
- (2002) American Idol: The Search for a Superstar as Herself
- (2002) American Idol: The Search for a Superstar as Herself - Musical Guest
- (2002) American Idol: The Search for a Superstar as Herself - Performer
- (2001) CMT Top 20 Countdown as Herself (archive footage)
- (2001) CMT Top 20 Countdown as Herself - Performer (archive footage)
- (1998) Fox and Friends as Herself
- (1998) Total Request Live as Herself
- (1997) The View as Herself
- (1994) Extra as Herself
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself
- (1985) Grand Ole Opry as Herself (archive footage)
- (1985) Grand Ole Opry as Herself - Performer
- (1985) Larry King Live as Herself
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
- (1975) Good Morning America as Herself - Guest
- (1975) Good Morning America as Herself - Musical guest
- (1952) Today as Herself
- (1952) Today as Herself - Guest 4th Hour Co-Anchor
Kellie Pickler Trivia and Facts
- Former roommate of fellow "American Idol: The Search for a Superstar" (2002) contestant, Katharine McPhee.
- Was a former Sonic waitress.
- Finished 6th on "American Idol: The Search for a Superstar" (2002) in 2005.
- Hometown: Albemarle, North Carolina
- Enjoys music by Keith Urban and Kelly Clarkson
- She can also dance and perform gymnastics.
- Her first single "Red High Heels" from her debut album "Small Town Girl" under BNA Records was released September 13, 2006.
- Received first Gold Record for debut album "Small Town Girl" on January 18, 2007 on "The View" (1997) and was presented by Rosie ODonnell.
- Close friends with Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood.
- Considers Dolly Parton her idol. She once met Dolly, due to a set up by her record label.
- Raised 50,000 dollars for charity on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" (2007/I).
- A fan of the music by Queen .
- Actively supports St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital and many other charities.
- Has three dogs named MooMoo, Pixie, Maddie, a monkey named Bella, a snake, and a cat named Pickles.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Has a half brother named Eric, a half sister, Courtney, and a half brother, Michael, however, she has never met Michael.
Kellie Pickler Quotes
- "Dolly is a legend. Jessica is so beautiful. I take it as a big compliment when people put me beside them." About being compared to Dolly Parton & Jessica Simpson on the Idol red carpet.
- "This is the first time I became famous. Im gonna be on shows like TRL and VH1!" On her success after making it to the top 6 in the show.
- Ive seen my whole family struggle, with money, with relationships, with alcohol, and I thought there must be a better way. As you mature, you realize you dont choose your parents. Its not your fault what they do and you should not be ashamed.
- Ive always been comfortable in front of people. Ive always been the joker, the class clown. Music and laughter is how I dealt with everything. Id rather laugh about it than cry about it.
- Of all the things I have been through in my life, the hardest thing Ive ever gone through is the loss of my grandmother. She was always there for me, and then she was gone.
- We are in a world where people want to find out the worst possible things about someone. Its never anything good. With the 5th Grader show, no one even recognized that I won $50,000 for my charity. It was never attention on anything good I did. Hell, I dont know the capital of Hungary. I dont know many people that do. I cant control what people say about me. Im not stupid. If was stupid, I wouldnt be doing what Im doing now.
- I remember my mother and I were in the kitchen and I said, I wish God would take me away, Id much rather be dead than live here with you. She took a knife out, set it on the counter and said, Here, do it then. I was in fourth grade. Of course I never would have acted upon it, but its done a lot of emotional scarring.
- Happiness has been about surrounding myself with positive people who love me, inspire me and lift me up. If I take in positive energy, then thats what I put back out into the universe.
Kellie Pickler Other Works
- Music video: Appears in 'Brad Paisley' 's "Online" (2007) directed by and co-stars 'Jason Alexander (I)' . It also features 'William Shatner' , 'Estelle Harris' , 'Maureen McCormick' , 'Taylor Swift' , and 'Patrick Warburton' .
Kellie Pickler Trademarks
- Red high heels