|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Keesha Sharp GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 446|
|LAST UPDATED: February 25, 2019|
Keesha Sharp Biography
- Keeshas latest role is starring as Gigi on the comedy "Are We There Yet?"(TBS). She teams up once again with Ali LeRoi and Terry Crews with whom she worked on "Everybody Hates Chris" as Sheila. The Boston Herald says in its "Are We There Yet?" review: "As unabashed man-trap Gigi, Keesha Sharp shines as the series brightest spot". The lovely and talented Keesha Sharp is best known for her role as Monica Charles Brooks on the hit CW series "Girlfriends." Her role garnered her a nomination for an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series. After recurring on the comedy series for four years, Keesha eventually signed on as a series regular, much to the delight of the shows many fans. Keesha was also on the big screen last year in the Tyler Perry hit film, Why Did I Get Married? alongside Perry and Janet Jackson. In addition, Keesha had a substantial arc on the first season of "Everybody Hates Chris," in which she played Sheila Ridenhour, Chris hot next-door neighbor, on whom Chris dad had an awkward but innocent crush. Keesha was born in Rochester, New York, where she studied the clarinet, piano and cello at the prestigious Hochstein School of Music. Her enthusiasm for school theatre led her to apply to The Boston Conservatory, where she received a scholarship to study theatre. After graduating Cum Laude with a B.F.A. from the Conservatory, Keesha set her sights on the stage. She performed in the Broadway National Tour of "Carousel", debuted Off-Broadway in Michael Bradfords "Living in the Wind" and played eight different roles in the interactive comedy "Eat the Runt". Other theatre performances include "Abyssinia", "Aida", "Thunder Knockin", "Jitney", "The Producers", "Big Street", "Suburb" and "Joe Turners Come and Gone", in which Keesha read alongside playwright August Wilson himself. Keeshas other television credits include principle roles in "Detroit 1-8-7", "Law and Order: SVU", "Still Standing," "The Game", "Tracy Morgan Show," As the World Turns," "Another World," "Welcome to New York," "Third Watch" and "As the World Turns." Her film credits include roles in Ernest Dickinsons "Never Die Alone", the comedy "Malibus Most Wanted", "Pootie Tang" with Chris Rock, "American Adobo" and "Shattered". In addition to her work on the screen and stage, Keesha is a talented writer. She has co-written a screenplay with award-winning novelist Thomas Monteleone and has a television pilot in the works.
Keesha Sharp Filmography
- (2010) Are We There Yet? as Gigi
- (2010) Detroit 1-8-7 as Keri Rader
- (2010) Melissa & Joey as Maggie
- (2009) Black to the Future as Herself
- (2009) The Mo'Nique Show as Herself
- (2008) 39th NAACP Image Awards as Herself
- (2008) Shattered! as Angela
- (2007) Why Did I Get Married? as Pam
- (2006) America's Got Talent as Herself - Singer
- (2006) The Game as Herself
- (2005) Everybody Hates Chris as Sheila Ridenhour
- (2005) What If in This Life as Rape Victim
- (2004) Never Die Alone as Edna
- (2003) Cold Case as Chantel Jones
- (2003) Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood as Chanel
- (2003) Malibu's Most Wanted as Sister #1
- (2003) The Tracy Morgan Show as Linda Berry
- (2003) The Tracy Morgan Show as Lindy Berry
- (2002) Still Standing as Lexi
- (2001) American Adobo as Debbie
- (2001) Pootie Tang as Party Girl
- (2000) Girlfriends as Monica
- (2000) Girlfriends as Monica Charles Brooks
- (2000) Welcome to New York as Lauren
- (1999) Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Charlene
- (1999) Third Watch as Grace
Keesha Sharp Trivia and Facts
- Attended The Boston Conservatory
- Appeared in the original casts of August Wilsons Seven Guitars and Jitney as well as the national tour of Carousel directed by Nicholas Hytner.
- Has worked with Terry Crews on many projects including Malibus Most Wanted, Everybody Hates Chris and Are We There Yet?.
- Launched a health website with her husband.
- She has a passion for healthy organic living and is often known on set as the "health nut".