|NUDE PICTURES: 39|
|Laure Manaudou GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 8,007|
|LAST UPDATED: March 17, 2013|
Laure Manaudou Biography
- Laure Manaudou (French pronunciation:Â [lÃ‰Â”ÃŠÂ manodu]; born 9 October 1986 in Villeurbanne, RhÃƒÂ´ne) is a French Olympic, world and European champion swimmer. She has held the world record in freestyle events between 200 and 1500 meter. She is the daughter of a French father and a Dutch mother and the older sister of Florent Manaudou who is also an Olympic gold medalist swimmer. She won the gold medal in the women's 400 meter freestyle at the 2004 Athens Olympics. It was France's first gold medal ever in women's swimming and the first swimming gold medal won by a French athlete since Jean Boiteux's victory in the 400 meter men's freestyle event at Helsinki in 1952. Manaudou won the silver medal in the women's 800 meter freestyle at the Athens Olympics. In that race, she had a quick start but was passed down the stretch by Ai Shibata of Japan. She also won the bronze medal in the women's 100 meter backstroke, thus becoming only the second Frenchwoman to win three medals in a single Olympic Games, Summer or Winter. The first one was the track and field athlete Micheline Ostermeyer in London in 1948. Manaudou was by far the best swimmer on the French team, but she did not have the team support to win a medal in the women's 4ÃƒÂ—200Â m freestyle relay.
Laure Manaudou Filmography
- (2013) Une belle gifle as Ms. Nakache
- (2009) C à vous as Herself
- (2009) Le coach as Herself
- (2006) Tenue de soirée as Herself
- (2004) Athens 2004: Games of the XXVIII Olympiad as Herself
- (2004) Le grand journal de Canal+ as Herself
- (2004) Les 40 ans de la 2 as Herself (archive footage)
- (2000) On ne peut pas plaire à tout le monde as Herself
- (1998) Vivement dimanche as Herself - Main Guest
- (1998) Vivement dimanche prochain as Herself - Main guest
- (1981) 20 heures le journal as Herself
- (1981) 20 heures le journal as Herself (archive footage)
Laure Manaudou Trivia and Facts
- Daughter of Dutch Badminton-player Olga Schippers. She is French/Dutch. She is a professional swimmer. Olympic Games of 2004, in Athene, she won 3 medals, one of those gold on the 400 meter free-style, it was the first time French won gold on this swimming-style. 2004 was chosen as best French female athlete. After the Olympic Games, she became 2 time world-champion in 2007. Olympic Games 2008, she won nothing. September 2009 she decided to stop with professional swimming, at the age of 22.
Laure Manaudou Photoshoots
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 2009, Iss. 56, pg. 88-91, by: staff, "Water Sports: Pool Porn Laure Manaudou"
- "Dag" (Netherlands), 23 April 2008, by: AP, "Manaudou geeft 200m vrij op"