|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Lacey Turner GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 4,560|
|LAST UPDATED: March 17, 2013|
Lacey Turner Biography
- Lacey Amelia Turner is an award-winning English actress. She is best known for portraying the role of Stacey Slater on the BBC soap opera EastEnders, a role for which she has won 33 awards. She has won more British Soap Awards than any other actor in any soap, and, at the age of 17, she was the youngest person to ever win 'Best Actress', an award she went on to win four times. She is currently starring in a supernatural drama on Sky Living called Bedlam. Turner was born in Hendon, NW London to parents Bev and Les. She was raised as a Catholic with her two younger sisters Daisy Turner (born 1990) and Lily Harvey (born 2001) in Hertfordshire, near to the BBC television studios in Elstree. She has commented, "From my bedroom window you could see part of the square [the external filming lot for EastEnders], and you could hear them all filming at night. I used to say to my mum: 'I wanna be on that!" It was whilst living there that Turner decided to become an actress. At the age of 10, she schooled at the Sylvia Young Theatre School to achieve her ambition, but left after a year stating that it "wasn't my cup of tea". She has since revealed that she was bullied while at stage school, by children who teased her for being "geeky". Instead, she attended a local girls private school (Peterborough And Saint Margarets School) in Stanmore NW London and went to dance, singing and acting classes outside school.
Lacey Turner Filmography
- (2013) Our Girl as Molly Dawes
- (2012) Switch as Stella
- (2012) True Love as Michelle
- (2012) True Love as Michelle Booth
- (2011) Bedlam as Ellie Flint
- (2011) Frankenstein's Wedding... Live in Leeds as Elizabeth Lavenza
- (2011) The National Television Awards 2011 as Herself
- (2011) The National Television Awards: Party 2011 as Herself
- (2010) An Audience with Michael Bublé as Herself - Audience Member (uncredited)
- (2010) Daybreak as Herself
- (2010) EastEnders: Last Tango in Walford as Stacey Slater
- (2010) EastEnders: The Greatest Cliffhangers as Stacey Slater (archive footage)
- (2010) National Television Awards as Herself
- (2010) The British Academy Television Awards as Herself
- (2010) The National Television Awards Backstage Live as Herself
- (2009) EastEnders: The Two Faces of Lucas as Herself
- (2008) Being Human as Lia
- (2008) Lily Allen and Friends as Herself
- (2008) The British Soap Awards 2008 as Herself - Audience Member
- (2008) The Sunday Night Project as Herself
- (2007) EastEnders Christmas Fall Outs as Herself
- (2007) The 2nd TVNow Awards as Herself
- (2007) The Big Fat Quiz of the Year as Stacey Slater (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (2007) The British Soap Awards 2007 as Herself
- (2007) The National Television Awards 2007 as Herself
- (2006) Sex, Lies & Soaps as Herself (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (2006) Sex, Lies & Soaps as Stacey Slater (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (2006) The British Soap Awards 2006: The Party as Herself
- (2005) The British Soap Awards 2005 as Herself - Audience Member
- (2003) Comic Relief Does Fame Academy as Herself
- (2002) Smile as Herself
- (2000) Breakfast as Herself - Actress
- (1998) EastEnders Revealed as Herself
- (1988) This Morning as Herself
- (1985) EastEnders as Stacey
- (1985) EastEnders as Stacey (also archive footage)
- (1985) EastEnders as Stacey Branning
- (1980) Children in Need as Stacey Slater
Lacey Turner Trivia and Facts
- Dropped out of school at 16 to start acting in "EastEnders" (1985).
- She was originally going for a part of the Miller family in "EastEnders" (1985).
- Her screen idols are Martine McCutcheon and Denise Van Outen.
- She loves garage and RnB music and is a big fan of Dizzee Rascal.
- Has two younger sisters called Daisy Turner (born 1990) and Lily Harvey (born 2001).
- Lived with her parents and sisters near the BBC Studios in Elstree.
- Is a close friend of "EastEnders" (1985) co-star Louisa Lytton.
- Did television commercials when she was younger, including one advertising Haribo sweets.
- Is the second cousin of Philip Dowling , who also starred in "EastEnders" (1985) , albeit briefly, as the boyfriend of Demi, the character played by Shana Swash and ironically, the one Lacey originally auditioned for.
- When not working she spends most of her time with her family, having a close relationship with her sister Daisy and her cousin Amy, and going shopping and to the cinema and various clubs with her "EastEnders" (1985) co-stars and friends Kellie Shirley , Tiana Benjamin and Matt Di Angelo.
- Had breast implants in March 2007 for her 19th birthday, changing her bust from a 32B to a 32D, which cost £3685.
- Her parents are Leslie and Bev (née Harvey) Turner.
- Attended The Sylvia Young Theatre School at the age of 10, but left after a year because of bullying.
- Lives in Radlett, Hertfordshire (2008).
- Was in attendance at the funeral of her former "EastEnders" (1985) co-star Wendy Richard (9 March 2009).
- Was in attendance at the wedding of her "EastEnders" (1985) co-star Samantha Womack to Mark Womack (17 May 2009).
- Was in attendance at the wedding of her "EastEnders" (1985) co-star Scott Maslen to Estelle Rubio (6 September 2008).
- Was in a relationship with hairdresser Matt Kaye (June 2006-March 2007).
- Has a tattoo of the word "Love" on her left thigh.
- Her "EastEnders" (1985) character Stacey Branning became the 21st woman on the soap opera to give birth. Stacey had a daughter Lily (played by an unknown baby), born on 23 June 2010.
- Her "EastEnders" (1985) character Stacey Slaters wedding to Bradley Branning (Charlie Clements ), dated on 1 November 2007, is ranked #6 in "The 50 Greatest "EastEnders" (1985) Weddings of All Time" (2010).
- Is one of 6 "EastEnders" (1985) actresses to have won the Best Actress Award at the British Soap Awards; the others are Barbara Windsor , Patsy Palmer , Natalie Cassidy , Kacey Ainsworth and Jessie Wallace .
- Is one of 3 "EastEnders" (1985) actresses to have won a Best Dramatic Performance Award at the British Soap Awards; the others are Lindsey Coulson and Jo Joyner. Both Turner and Joyner have won the award twice.
- Ranked #19 in the 100 Greatest "EastEnders" (1985) Characters of All Time for her performance as Stacey Branning (2010).
Lacey Turner Quotes
- [on "Our Girl"] The Afghanistan scenes were actually filmed in a quarry in Leighton Buzzard with a couple of goats. It was freezing but I relished the challenge of, say, trying to get over a 12ft wall when youre only 5ft nothing. Most of the people in the film are real soldiers.
- Im rubbish at being me. I panic and say embarrassing things. Live interviews are the worst bit of the job.
- Now I mostly watch TV at night, in bed after a cup of hot chocolate, and at the moment Im really, really into "The Following" (2013) with Kevin Bacon .
- Id love Anne Hathaway s career. I think most people in my position would!
Lacey Turner Other Works
- She was in a Haribo advert when she was younger.