|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Daljit Dhaliwal GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 402|
|LAST UPDATED: October 26, 2012|
Daljit Dhaliwal Biography
- Daljit Dhaliwal (born 1962) is a British newsreader and television presenter. Dhaliwal is currently one of the news presenters for the Al-Jazeera English news service and broadcasts from Washington DC. Previously, she was the anchor chair of Worldfocus on PBS, which aired its last broadcast on 2 April 2010. She has been best known for presenting the critically acclaimed program Foreign Exchange also on PBS and the United Nations Television produced 21st Century documentary seen on CUNY cable television. Dhaliwal also does news segments for ABC News Now. From January 2008 to October 2009, she was sole anchor of Foreign Exchange. She later did one episode of Global Watch in April 2008. She had been previously working on and off as a newsreader for BBC World News since November 2005, mostly as substitute for Katty Kay.
Daljit Dhaliwal Filmography
- (2012) Land Rush as Narrator
- (2008) 21st Century as Herself
- (2008) Global Watch as Herself - Anchor
- (2005) Foreign Exchange with Fareed Zakaria as (2008)
- (2002) Wide Angle as Herself - Anchor
- (2002) Wide Angle as Herself - Host
- (2002) Wide Angle as Herself - Moderator
- (1997) ITN World News as Anchor (1997-)
- (1982) Channel 4 News as Presenter (1995-)
Daljit Dhaliwal Trivia and Facts
- Earned an MA in politics, history, and economics from the University of London.
- Named one of the "50 Most Beautiful People in the World 1999" by People magazine.
- (December 2001) Resigned from ITN News after the cancellation of World News for Public Television, which she anchored. She has hired a New York-based agent and is currently looking for work stateside, where her husband, Lee Patrick Sullivan, resides.
- (June 2002) Is hired by CNN to anchor the networks World News and World Report programs. Though both shows are based in Atlanta, neither is broadcast in the States, and can only be seen in English-speaking markets overseas.
- Attained cult status as news presenter for ITN on public television; David Letterman was among her legions of admirers.
- Co-host (with James Rubin) of the PBS show "Wide Angle" (2002) during its first season.
- Currently the hostess or co-hostess for CNNs "Your World Today," "World Report" and "Global Challenge" (July 2004).
Daljit Dhaliwal Photoshoots
- "Esquire" (USA), August 1999, Vol. 132, Iss. 2, pg. 82, by: Dahlen, "The New Women We Love"