|NUDE PICTURES: 8|
|Freida Pinto GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 20,994|
|LAST UPDATED: February 25, 2019|
Freida Pinto Biography
- Freida Pinto traversed the modeling circuit in Mumbai [represented by Elite Model Management India] for two years before gaining her big break when director Danny Boyle picked her out in the audition process to play the female lead, Latika, for his project Slumdog Millionaire (2008). In a promo interview, Boyle likened spotting her to his discovery of Kelly Macdonald for Trainspotting. Surprisingly, Freida, who studied at Mumbais St. Xaviers College, only began taking acting classes [she has done amateur theatre before] after completing her debut film - when she attended a three-month workshop by Barry John , the veteran theatre guru. Between 2006-07, she anchored Full Circle, a travel show which was telecast on Zee International Asia Pacific. She went on assignments to Afghanistan, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, and Fiji among other countries.
Freida Pinto Filmography
- (2013) Desert Dancer as Elaheh
- (2013) Girl Rising as Narrator (voice)
- (2013) Knight of Cups as
- (2013) The Frame as Caroline Aranha (archive footage)
- (2013) Unity as Narrator
- (2012) The 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards as Herself - Presenter
- (2011) 55th BFI London Film Festival as Herself
- (2011) Black Gold as Princess Leyla
- (2011) Immortals as Phaedra
- (2011) Rise of the Planet of the Apes as Caroline Aranha
- (2011) Trishna as Trishna
- (2010) Conan as Herself
- (2010) Daybreak as Herself
- (2010) Janela Indiscreta as Herself
- (2010) Miral as Miral
- (2010) You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger as Dia
- (2009) 15th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards as Herself
- (2009) Late Night with Jimmy Fallon as Herself - Guest
- (2009) Moving Pictures Live! as Herself
- (2009) Slumdog Dreams: Danny Boyle and the Making of 'Slumdog Millionaire' as Herself
- (2009) Star Movies: Live from the Red Carpet as Herself
- (2009) The 14th Annual Critics' Choice Awards as Herself
- (2009) The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards as Herself - Presenter
- (2009) The 81st Annual Academy Awards as Herself - Presenter: Best Foreign Language Film
- (2009) The Orange British Academy Film Awards as Herself - Presenter
- (2008) Slumdog Millionaire as Older Latika
- (2007) Up Close with Carrie Keagan as Herself
- (2007) Xposé as Herself
- (2006) The Fabulous Picture Show as Herself
- (2005) Made in Hollywood as Herself
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself
- (2005) The Tyra Banks Show as Herself
- (2003) Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show as Herself
- (2003) Jimmy Kimmel Live! as Herself - Guest
- (1996) The Daily Show as Herself
- (1993) Late Show with David Letterman as Herself - Waits in the Green Room (uncredited)
- (1992) Gomorron as Herself
- (1992) HBO First Look as Herself
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself
- (1991) The Charlie Rose Show as Herself - Guest
- (1988) This Morning as Herself - Interviewee
- (1986) The Oprah Winfrey Show as Herself - Guest
- (1985) Larry King Live as Herself
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
Freida Pinto Trivia and Facts
- Freidas parents are from Mangalore, a coastal town in southern India. Her father is a banker, while her mother is the principal of a High School. Her sister, Sharon, is a producer with the Indian news channel, NDTV.
- Trained in some forms of Indian classical dance as well as Salsa.
- Was engaged to her fiancé Rohan Antao from 2007 until January 2009. They had been in a relationship since 2003.
- Auditioned for the part of Bond Girl Camille in Quantum of Solace (2008) , but lost out the role to Olga Kurylenko.
- The surname "Pinto", is a Portuguese surname meaning "Chick" (little bird). The Portuguese were the first European colonizers and settlers of India, arriving in 1497.
- She studied at Carmel of St. Joseph School in Malad and completed her Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in English Literature from St. Xaviers College, Mumbai.
- Is in a relationship with Dev Patel , having met on the set of Slumdog Millionaire (2008) (February 2009).
- Was considered to replace Emma Stone in Sucker Punch (2011) , but lost out to Jamie Chung .
- Her favorite actors are Jack Nicholson and Johnny Depp and her favorite actresses are Marilyn Monroe and Nicole Kidman.
Freida Pinto Quotes
- This industry is for fighters and those who do not give up! It is very important to believe in yourself. Even when a hundred people rejected me, I did not lose hope and, finally, one of the biggest directors of all times [Danny Boyle ] believed in me! Also working in this film [Slumdog Millionaire (2008) ] has taught me a lot, not just in terms of acting but also about myself, which is an integral part of being a good actor!
- Im just so used to calling it Bombay. I know everything has changed. Its Indias way of trying to brush off colonialism and make it what it originally was, but unfortunately for me I called it Bombay for 16 years, and I think thats a long time in a 26-year-olds life to automatically start calling it Mumbai. Its very confusing for a lot of people. My agent thought Bombay and Mumbai were two different places. And I was like, "No, its the same thing."
- [on preparing to play a primatologist in Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) ] Like most people, I only knew what Id been taught in school about chimps, and thats not enough. So I watched a ton of videos about Jane Goodall , who Id love to meet. All her research was fascinating and so useful, especially in how she studied human behavior in comparison to chimp behavior.
Freida Pinto Photoshoots
- "Teen Vogue" (USA), May 2009, pg. 51, "Girl of the Moment: Freida Pinto"
Freida Pinto Other Works
- (2009) Starred in the music video "I Promise You" by Canadian musician Dal Hothi.
- (2010-11) Print ads for L'Oreal Paris' Go 360 Clean deep facial cleanser.
- (2011) Print ads for L'Oreal Paris' The One Sweep Eye Shadow.