|NUDE PICTURES: 46|
|Sarah Hyland GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 12,879|
|LAST UPDATED: October 21, 2017|
Sarah Hyland Biography
- Sarah Hyland was born in New York City to parents Melissa Canaday and Edward James Hyland. Sarah began in the business at the age of 4 with commercial work and voice overs. Her first film was Private Parts (1997). She then moved on to The Object of My Affection (1998) and then spent time on "Another World" (1964) as "Rain Wolfe", a child found in the park, and fostered by Josie and Gary. Sarah would go on to work with Amy Carlson ("Josie" on AW) several more times: "Falcone" (2000), "Law & Order" (1990) and "Law & Order: Trial by Jury" (2005). Sarah was cast as one of the young "Audrey Hepburns" in Jennifer Love Hewitt s The Audrey Hepburn Story (2000) the same year she was cast as "Molly" in ABCs Annie (1999) starring Kathy Bates, Audra McDonald, Alan Cumming, Victor Garber and Kristin Chenoweth, Joe Goulds Secret (2000) and "Falcone" (2000). Aside from all of her film and television work, Sarah studied voice, ballet, jazz, hip-hop, tap, Theatre Dance, and performed with her tap and Theatre dance class at "Reel to Real" at Lincoln Center as invited performers. A New York-born and raised girl, Sarah spent much of her time working in film, television, and voicing many radio ads, as well as traveling with her father, Edward James Hyland, while he worked at many different theaters in the country. She was home schooled by her mother until 2nd grade and then attended Public School. In 6th Grade, she was accepted into PPAS (Professional Performing Arts School) where she stayed until she graduated in 2008. When Sarah turned 18, she moved to Los Angeles, CA and, within two weeks, had landed a pilot named "My American Family". Once picked up the name was changed to "Modern Family" (2009). To date, Sarah portrays "Haley Dunphy", the eldest Dunphy child. "Modern Family" (2009) has won multiple awards most notably the Emmy for Outstanding Comedy. Before moving to L.A., Sarah did a multitude of film and television and, at the age of 11 1/2, she made her stage debut at Papermill Playhouse in Millburn, NJ in the title role of "Annie". From there, Sarah added many more stage productions to her resume including "Bad Girls", "Dark Part of the Forest" and both productions on and off Broadway of "Grey Gardens" in the role of "Jackie Bouvier". "Grey Gardens" was nominated for Best Musical at the Tony Awards, and Christine Ebersole and Mary Louise Wilson won Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress Tonys for their work. William Ivey Long won for his costume design. Sarah also did many development workshops including: "A Little Princess", "Bye Bye Birdie, and "Shrek, the Musical", to name a few. Sarah has worked with some of the top talent in the Industry: Tim Robbins , Stanley Tucci , Ian Holmes , Steve Martin , John Turturro, Hope Davis , Keir Dullea, Frances Fisher , Brooke Shields, Kim Raver, Lindsay Price, Timothy Busfield, among so many other incredible talents. She has guest starred on "Touched by an Angel" (1994), "Law & Order: Trial by Jury" (2005) and twice on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999). Her second turn on "Law & Order: SVU" in the episode of "Hothouse" gave her a breakthrough role where she portrayed "Jennifer Banks", a student at a school for the gifted who kills her roommate in a drug fueled rage. Her work on "Lipstick Jungle" (2008) as Brooke Shields s daughter further showcased her talent and, because of LJs cancellation, drew her to Los Angeles and the role of "Haley Dunphy" on "Modern Family" (2009). Sarah has a maltipoo named Barkley, and is happily living in the Los Angeles Area. She is the Face of "Wallflower Jeans". Sarahs brother, Ian Hyland , is also an actor and, even though most think Ian is her older brother, he is really 4 years her junior. Her father is a stage and film actor based in New York, and her mother is an acting coach to young actors.
Sarah Hyland Filmography
- (2014) Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters as Natalie Dashkov
- (2013) April Apocalypse as Samm
- (2013) Bonnie and Clyde: Dead and Alive as Blanche Barrow
- (2013) Call Me Crazy: A Five Film as Grace
- (2013) Scary MoVie as Mia
- (2013) The 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards as Herself - Audience Member (uncredited)
- (2012) 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards as Herself
- (2012) Countdown to the Red Carpet: The 2012 Academy Awards as Herself
- (2012) Gay Dude as
- (2012) Live from the Red Carpet: The 2012 Academy Awards as Herself
- (2012) Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards 2012 as Herself - Presenter
- (2012) Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja as Theresa Fowler (voice)
- (2012) Struck by Lightning as Claire Mathews
- (2012) The 64th Primetime Emmy Awards as Herself - Audience Member
- (2011) 17th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards as Herself
- (2011) American Music Awards 2011 as Herself - Presenter
- (2011) Big Morning Buzz Live as Herself
- (2011) Conception as Tracey
- (2011) Cougars Inc. as Courtney
- (2011) Geek Charming as Dylan Schoenfield
- (2010) 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards as Herself
- (2010) I Owe My Life to Corbin Bleu as Sarah
- (2010) Monster Heroes as Delilah
- (2009) Cubed as Sarah Hyland
- (2009) Modern Family as Haley Dunphy
- (2009) Modern Family as Haley Dunphy (credit only)
- (2008) Childrens Hospital as Famous Person
- (2008) Lipstick Jungle as Maddie Healy
- (2007) Blind Date as Child (voice)
- (2007) Chelsea Lately as Herself - Extra Interviewee (archive footage)
- (2006) Rachael Ray as Herself
- (2005) Law & Order: Trial by Jury as Brianne Colby
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself - Guest
- (2004) Spanglish as Sleepover Friend
- (2004) The Soup as Herself
- (2003) Punk'd as Herself
- (2002) Fashion Police as Herself - Guest
- (2002) The Empath as Young Christine
- (2000) Falcone as Jessica Pistone Egan
- (2000) Joe Gould's Secret as Elizabeth Mitchell
- (2000) The Audrey Hepburn Story as Audrey Hepburn (at 8 years old)
- (1999) Advice from a Caterpillar as Lizbeth
- (1999) Annie as Molly
- (1999) Cradle Will Rock as Silvano - Giovanna
- (1999) Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Jennifer Banks
- (1999) Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Lily Ramsey
- (1998) The Object of My Affection as Molly
- (1998) Trinity as Shy Girl
- (1997) A Tall Winter's Tale as Elizabeth
- (1997) Private Parts as Howard's Daughter (as Sarah Jane Hyland)
- (1997) The View as Herself
- (1997) The View as Herself - Co-Host
- (1994) Touched by an Angel as Grace
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself
- (1990) Law & Order as Kristine McLean
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
- (1970) All My Children as Karen
- (1968) One Life to Live as Heather
- (1968) One Life to Live as Heather (scenes deleted)
- (1964) Another World as Rain Wolfe (1997-1998)
- (1956) As the World Turns as Alison McDermott Stewart #4 (2001)
Sarah Hyland Trivia and Facts
- Older sister of Ian Hyland .
- Daughter of Edward James Hyland and Melissa Canaday.
- She is of Irish/Scottish/Dutch/Welsh descent.
- Boyfriend is Matt Prokop (May 2010).
- Recently confessed to Seventeen Magazine that she underwent a kidney transplant in April 2012 after a nearly lifelong battle with kidney dysplasia. Her father donated one of his kidneys as a result.
- At age of 9, she was diagnosed with multicystic dysplastic kidney and on April 13, 2012 had a kidney transplant. She received her fathers kidney.
Sarah Hyland Photoshoots
- "Maxim" (USA), October 2012, pg. 59, by: Gregg DeGuirre, "The Sexiest Women on TV: Sarah Hyland"
- "Teen Vogue" (USA), February 2011, pg. 84, by: Jason Kibbler, "Jean Pool"
Sarah Hyland Other Works
- Played the title role of "Annie" in the musical, "Annie", at Papermill
- Playhouse in Milburn, NJ in 2002. Directed by Greg Ganakas.
- Played the role of "Crystal" in 'Joyce Carol Oates' ' drama "Bad Girls" at the Directors Company of New York in 2003. Director was 'Susana Tubert' .
- (March 2006): Plays "Jacqueline Bouvier" in the "Grey Gardens" musical by
- 'Doug Wright (II)' , 'Scott Frankel (I)' and 'Michael Korie' (Playwrights Horizons, New York City, New York, USA).
- Makes her Broadway debut in "Grey Gardens" at the 'Walter Kerr (I)' Theater as "Jackie Bouvier" on November 2, 2006.
- Workshop of Bye Bye Birdie for the Roundabout Theatre Company, playing the role of Ursala Merkle. August 2007
- (2007) 4 workshops of Shrek, the musical slated to come to Broadway in 2008.
- Played "Natalie" in the "Next To Normal" workshop at 2nd Stage in NYC. Directed by 'Michael Grief' (Sept. 2007).
- Appears in a commercial for Olive Garden.
- (2005) TV PSA for Stoplandmines.org