|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Valda Hansen GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 4|
|LAST UPDATED: January 22, 2010|
Valda Hansen Biography
- Valda, the sensitive girl with the lovely smile. In the late 1950s, Valda was doing a play called "Accidentally Yours," when Ed Wood came backstage, and he considered her an ingenue. Ed originally wanted to cast Valda for the short film "The Night the Banshee Cried" (1957), but wound up casting her in her first movie Night of the Ghouls (1959) ; Valda said during filming that she was "sweet 16 and innocent" (so according to that, she would have been born in 1943). Ed had been impressed with the hand gestures of Bela Lugosi, and had Valda do a scene where she eerily moved her hands with her long, silver fingernails, and it was a quite striking effect. Valda also caught the attention of another famous actor-- Ed had written a zany script "Operation Salami" and Joe E. Brown, who had just finished filming "Some Like It Hot" (1959) wanted Valda for his leading lady (nothing ever came of Eds proposed movie, and eventually Joe died in 1973). Valda would go on to appear in other movies such as "The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid" and Slaughters Big Rip-Off (1973), "Bikini Bandits"; "Outer Space"; "Norma"; "Outlaw Riders" and others. Valda retired from acting in the late 1970s, and died in Hollywood in 1993. Valda is still fondly remembered by fans as one of the nicest, sweetest members of Ed Woods circle of actors.
Valda Hansen Filmography
- (1992) Flying Saucers Over Hollywood: The 'Plan 9' Companion as Herself
- (1975) Wam Bam Thank You Spaceman as Gloria (as Zelda)
- (1973) Slaughter's Big Rip-Off as Burtoli's Blonde (as Valda Hanson)
- (1972) The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid as Nude Girl (as Valda J. Hansen)
- (1971) Cain's Cutthroats as Zelda
- (1971) Outlaw Riders as Sister Anne
- (1970) Norma as Roommate
- (1959) Night of the Ghouls as The White Ghost
- (1955) Strips Around the World as Stripper (as Valda)
Valda Hansen Trivia and Facts
- After being interviewed for the documentary Flying Saucers Over Hollywood, Valda Hansen began a relationship with the narrator, Lee Harris.
- She was cremated.
- When it was discovered she had a cancerous mole on her leg that needed to be removed and didnt have the funds, Lee Harris raised the $800.00 needed for its removal. However, not having a health plan, she couldnt afford cancer treatments and the cancer spread until it killed her. She died at home in terrible pain.
Valda Hansen Quotes
- Ive been psychic all my life. Im Scorpio with Capricorn rising -- like Elvis Presley, very earthy.
- (referring to herself and Ed Wood): "We were on this Earth, but not of it."