|NUDE PICTURES: 1|
|Nina Dobrev GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 30,360|
|LAST UPDATED: September 5, 2018|
Nina Dobrev Biography
- Nina Constantinova Dobreva was born in Sofia, Bulgaria. She moved to Canada at the age of two and has lived in Toronto, Ontario ever since. From a very young age, she showed great enthusiasm and talent for the arts: Dance, Gymnastics, Theatre, Music, Visual arts, and Acting! Modeling jobs led to commercials, which then turned into film auditions. Shortly after, she booked roles in the feature films Fugitive Pieces (2007), Away from Her (2006) and the popular television series, "Degrassi: The Next Generation" (2001), on CTV. Nina loves to travel and has often visited Europe both for pleasure, as well as competing internationally, representing Canada in Aesthetic gymnastics. She enjoys playing volleyball, soccer, swimming, rock climbing, wake boarding, snowboarding, and horse back riding, to name a few. But, above all, acting is her passion, and she sees it as an adventure that has just begun; she believes that the journey and the characters we create along the way will help us understand ourselves.
Nina Dobrev Filmography
- (2014) Let's Be Cops as
- (2013) 18th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards as Herself
- (2012) I Heart Radio Music Festival as Herself
- (2012) People's Choice Awards 2012 as Herself
- (2012) SPF with Nina Dobrev as Herself
- (2012) Teen Choice Awards 2012 as Herself
- (2012) The 38th Annual People's Choice Awards as Herself
- (2012) The Perks of Being a Wallflower as Candace
- (2011) 2011 MuchMusic Awards as Herself
- (2011) Arena as Lori
- (2011) Her Own Worst Enemy as Herself
- (2011) The Perfect Love Triangle: Vampires, Werewolves, Witches as Herself
- (2011) The Roommate as Maria
- (2010) 2010 MuchMusic Video Awards as Herself
- (2010) Conan as Herself
- (2010) Conan as Herself - Guest
- (2010) Scream Awards 2010 as Herself
- (2010) Teen Choice Awards 2010 as Herself
- (2010) The 25th Gemini Awards as Herself
- (2010) The 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards as Herself
- (2009) Chloe as Anna
- (2009) Degrassi Goes Hollywood as Mia Jones
- (2009) Late Night with Jimmy Fallon as Herself
- (2009) Lopez Tonight as Herself
- (2009) Merry Madagascar as Cupid (voice)
- (2009) Scream Awards 2009 as Herself
- (2009) The Super Hero Squad Show as Ellen (voice)
- (2009) The Vampire Diaries as Elena Gilbert
- (2009) The Vampire Diaries as Elena Gilbert / Katherine Pierce
- (2009) The Vampire Diaries as Elena Gilbert/Katherine Pierce
- (2009) You Got That Light as Girl
- (2008) 2008 MTV Movie Awards as Herself
- (2008) Degrassi in Ecuador as Herself
- (2008) Eleventh Hour as Grace Dahl
- (2008) Mookie's Law as Rosabella
- (2008) Never Cry Werewolf as Loren
- (2008) The American Mall as Ally
- (2008) The Border as Maia
- (2007) Chelsea Lately as Candace in 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' (archive footage)
- (2007) Chelsea Lately as Herself - Guest
- (2007) Degrassi: Doing What Matters as Herself
- (2007) Fugitive Pieces as Bella
- (2007) How She Move as Tall Girl in Bathroom
- (2007) My Daughter's Secret as Justine
- (2007) The Poet as Rachel
- (2007) Too Young to Marry as Jessica Carpenter
- (2006) Away from Her as Monica
- (2006) Playing House as Young Frannie
- (2006) Rachael Ray as Herself
- (2006) Repo! The Genetic Opera as Teenage Zytrate Addict
- (2005) Degrassi: Minis as Mia Jones
- (2005) Made in Hollywood as Herself
- (2002) eTalk Daily as Herself
- (2001) Degrassi: The Next Generation as Mia Jones
- (2001) Degrassi: The Next Generation as Mia Jones (credit only)
- (1999) Family Guy as (voice)
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself
Nina Dobrev Trivia and Facts
- Studied with Armstrong Acting Studio.
- Is best friends with Matt Lanter and Sara Paxton.
- She has competed internationally representing Canada in Aesthetic Group Gymnastics. In 2005, she joined both the Senior World Championships in Copenhagen, Denmark and the Junior World Championships in Plzen, Czech Republic.
- She enjoys playing Rock Band and engages in water sports including swimming, windsurfing, wake boarding, and scuba diving. Nina also loves to travel and often visits Europe. Among her other activities are playing volleyball, soccer, horseback riding, snowboarding and rock climbing.
- She traveled to Kenya where she built a school with fellow "Degrassi: The Next Generation" (2001) co-stars through the non-profit organization, Free The Children. She also wore a top promoting the cause towards the end of her movie, The American Mall (2008) .
- She went into a general audition for "Degrassi: The Next Generation" (2001) and read the part of Manny. Later, she was called back, read for the part of Mia, and got the role.
- She has been sharing an apartment in Atlanta with Kayla Ewell.
- One of her hobbies is making jewelry. She plans on starting her own jewelry line in the future.
- She is frequently compared, and is aware of bearing a resemblance, to Victoria Justice.
- Some of her favorite films include Knocked Up (2007) , Juno (2007) , The Notebook (2004) , and Schindlers List (1993).
- Her favorite television shows are "House M.D." (2004) , "Gossip Girl" (2007) , and "Greys Anatomy" (2005).
- She is a big fan of the "Twilight" book series and had hoped to play the role of Bella Swan in the film franchise before landing the role of Elena in "The Vampire Diaries" (2009).
- She is a fan of the HBO television series "True Blood" (2008).
- Her favorite actresses are Meryl Streep and Rachel McAdams .
- Was in a relationship with "The Vampire Diaries" (2009) co-star, Ian Somerhalder (2010- May 2013).
- She lists child rights advocate, Craig Kielburger and Meryl Streep among the people she admires.
- Being a huge fan of the musical film Chicago (2002) , Nina derived inspiration from the song, "Cell Block Tango", for her performance of "Survivor" in The American Mall (2008) .
- She played a teenage mother in "Degrassi: The Next Generation" (2001) and played the daughter of a teenage mother in "The Vampire Diaries" (2009).
- She is only 8 years younger than David Anders and 14 years younger than Mia Kirshner , who play her biological parents on "The Vampire Diaries" (2009).
- Was ranked #44 in the 2011 FHM Australia list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".
- Wears glasses.
Nina Dobrev Quotes
- Looking back on high school, I just remember specific scenarios and thinking, wow, that was such a big deal at the time, but right now it feels like it never even happened. So I guess if I can give any advice, I would just say that everything will pass, and itll feel like it was a big deal over nothing. Life goes on and then you change and other things happen, and everything feels like its so much worse afterwards. Itll always get better.
- I did "Degrassi: The Next Generation" (2001) for four years. It was my constant, no matter what movie I would do on hiatus or whatever I would do elsewhere, every year I would always go back to "Degrassi", to my family, and they really sort of taught me all the groundwork and got me started. Before that I was really green, I didnt know what I was doing, so it kind of helped ease my path into the whole industry.
Nina Dobrev Other Works
- (2012) Print ads for America's Dairy Producer's "Got milk?" campaign, featured along with her mother as part of TheBreakfastProject.com.