|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Edyta Gorniak GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 3,901|
|LAST UPDATED: December 19, 2012|
Edyta Gorniak Biography
- Edyta GÃƒÂ³rniak (born 14 November 1972 in ZiÃ„Â™bice, Poland) is one of the most popular female singers from Poland. At the age of 14 GÃƒÂ³rniak formed a band and was playing at private parties and evening dances. After taking singing lessons, in 1989, aged 16, she gave her first public appearance on a Polish television talent show where she won with Sam Brown's hit song "Stop!". In 1990 she performed on the Opole Polish Song Festival with an honourable mention. During the next three years she was the star of the musical Metro ("Subway") - the most popular and longest running homegrown musical in Polish history and in two music performances Do grajÃ„Â…cej szafy grosik wrzuÃ„Â‡ ("Put a Dime in the Jukebox") -- with classic Polish pop songs from the pre-rock'n'roll era and Brel -Polish versions of songs by the Belgian French-speaking singer-songwriter Jacques Brel. In 1993 GÃƒÂ³rniak took part in the Baltic Song Contest and finished in third place.
Edyta Gorniak Filmography
- (2008) Jak oni spiewaja 3 as Herself - member of jury
- (2007) Jak oni spiewaja as Herself - member of Jury
- (2007) Jak oni spiewaja 2 as Herself - member of jury
- (2005) Niania as
- (2005) Szymon Majewski show as Herself - Guest
- (2004) Eurowizja 2004 as Herself - Performer (song "Impossible")
- (2000) Eurocanción as Herself (2001)
- (2000) HermanSIC as Herself
- (2000) Rozmowy w toku as Herself
- (1999) Na dobre i na zle as Nika Werner
- (1994) The Eurovision Song Contest as Herself - Polish Entry: 2th Place
Edyta Gorniak Trivia and Facts
- Represented Poland in the 1994 Eurovision Song Contest, with the song "To nie ja", which came in second.
- Her grandmother named her after Edith Piaf.
- In 1993 she was offered a job by "Elite" model agency (New York), but rejected it preferring to continue her career as a singer.
- Sang the Polish National Anthem "Mazurek Dabrowskiego" before the first Poland vs Korea game at the Soccer World Cup in 2002.
- Has one child - son Allan (born March 27, 2004 in Lomza, Poland) - from her marriage with Dariusz Krupa.
- Sings the Polish version of "Colors in the wind", main theme of Pocahontas (1995).
Edyta Gorniak Other Works
- Albums: "Dotyk" (1995), "Edyta Gorniak" (international-1997), "Live 99"
- (international-1999), "Perla" (2002), "Invisible"
- Played one of the main characters in Polish musical "Metro". Gave about
- 700 performances, including shows on Broadway (1991-1993).