|NUDE PICTURES: 5|
|Edy Williams GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 290|
|LAST UPDATED: June 23, 2017|
Edy Williams Biography
- When we think of the term "worse for wear," somehow provocative images of 39-26-37 Edwina Beth Williams (better known as Edy Williams) and her outrageous apparel at film festivals and award shows instantly pops into ones mind. You have to admit the old gal, who has now moved into her 70s (born in 1942), cant ever be accused of being a shrinking violet and not giving her all to her chosen profession. Born in Salt Lake City, Utah, this ballsy perennial starlet grew up in all sorts of ways in Southern California. She first started chasing after modeling work with local photographers while in her teens and has not let up since. An undeniably fetching and voluptuous presence, she was the recipient of several California beauty titles which led to her eventual signing over at 20th Century-Fox in the early 1960s. Known for her wildly untamed, chestnut-toned hairdo, she gleaned her talents initially with taunting, decorative bits in such pictures as For Love or Money (1963), Mans Favorite Sport? (1964), A House Is Not a Home (1964) (in which she and fellow "glamazon" Raquel Welch played call girls), The Naked Kiss (1964), the Elvis Presley vehicle Paradise, Hawaiian Style (1966) and Nevada Smith (1966) starring Steve McQueen . Television utilized her as sexy scenery or a vapid foil on such shows as "The Twilight Zone" (1959), "The Beverly Hillbillies" (1962), "Burkes Law" (1963) and "Batman" (1966). In her more mainstream prime, Edy earned second femme lead status next to James Farentino, Julie Sommars and Brian Bedford in the teasing comedy The Pad and How to Use It (1966) and Walter Matthau and Anne Jackson in The Secret Life of an American Wife (1968), but things changed big time once she hooked up with nudie producer/director Russ Meyer , her mentor-turned-hubby. She was displayed front-and-center as a predatory femme in his campy softcore erotica Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (1970) and The Seven Minutes (1971), but, in the end, he failed to make her anything but a cult figure. She and Meyer divorced in 1975. Since then she has been more or less tooting her own horn. The notorious publicity hound who could make even Jayne Mansfield wince a little, Edy has made annual cheesecake appearances (not usually in a positive way) opting for jaw-dropping "bordello chic" formal wear to get the flashbulbs popping at entertainment events. Her scantily-clad gowns have earned her numerous "worst dressed" awards from here to Timbuktu. In later years she has occasionally hit the exploitation trail with obvious parts in such films as Chained Heat (1983), Lady Lust (1984), Hollywood Hot Tubs (1984), Nudity Required (1990), Bad Girls from Mars (1990), and Snatch Masters 6 (1995) . You have to hand it to her, Edy Williams certainly did it her way.
Edy Williams Filmography
- (2003) The Award Show Awards Show as Herself
- (1995) Amateur Gay Girls as
- (1995) Snatch Masters 6 as
- (1993) Hollywood Women as Herself
- (1992) Carol Leifer: Gaudy, Bawdy & Blue as Stripper
- (1990) Bad Girls from Mars as Emanuelle
- (1990) Nudity Required as Isabella
- (1989) Dr. Alien as Buckmeister
- (1989) Jake Spanner, Private Eye as Sun Haven lady
- (1988) Rented Lips as Heather Darling
- (1988) The 2nd Annual American Comedy Awards as Herself - Audience Member
- (1988) The American Scream as Stripper
- (1987) Dirty Laundry as Poodle Lady
- (1987) Fessetival de Cannes as Herself
- (1987) Mankillers as Sergeant Roberts
- (1986) Sledge Hammer! as Dream Girl
- (1985) Hellhole as Vera
- (1984) Growing Pains as Mrs. Slatt
- (1984) Hollywood Hot Tubs as Desiree
- (1984) Lady Lust as Cathy
- (1983) Chained Heat as Paula
- (1982) Famous T & A as Herself (archive footage)
- (1981) The Best of Sex and Violence as (archive footage)
- (1980) Willie & Phil as Ashley
- (1979) An Almost Perfect Affair as Herself (uncredited)
- (1977) Paesano: A Voice in the Night as
- (1977) The Happy Hooker Goes to Washington as Professor Simmons
- (1975) Dr. Minx as Dr. Carol Evans
- (1975) Peccati in famiglia as Zaira
- (1975) The Lion Roars Again as Herself (uncredited)
- (1974) Amy Prentiss as Dottie
- (1971) The Seven Minutes as Faye Osborn
- (1970) Beyond the Valley of the Dolls as Ashley St. Ives
- (1969) Where It's At as Phyllis Horrigan
- (1968) Adam-12 as Tammy Warren
- (1968) I Sailed to Tahiti with an All Girl Crew as Marilyn
- (1968) The Secret Life of an American Wife as Susie Steinberg
- (1967) Good Times as Mordicus' Girl
- (1967) The Money Jungle as Sabra McKinley
- (1966) Batman as Hostess
- (1966) Batman as Rae
- (1966) Hollywood Deb Star Ball as Herself - Deb
- (1966) Nevada Smith as Saloon Girl (uncredited)
- (1966) Paradise, Hawaiian Style as Brunette Girl (uncredited)
- (1966) The Last of the Secret Agents? as Herself
- (1966) The Oscar as Bikini Girl (uncredited)
- (1966) The Pad and How to Use It as Lavinia
- (1965) Harlow as Mail Room Girl (uncredited)
- (1965) Lost in Space as Non
- (1965) Run for Your Life as Watusi Dancer
- (1964) A House Is Not a Home as Call Girl
- (1964) Man's Favorite Sport? as Second Girl (uncredited)
- (1964) The Brass Bottle as Slave Girl (uncredited)
- (1964) The Man from U.N.C.L.E. as U.N.C.L.E. Technician
- (1964) The Naked Kiss as Hatrack
- (1963) Burke's Law as Doreen (uncredited)
- (1963) For Love or Money as Edy (uncredited)
- (1963) Kraft Suspense Theatre as Enes
- (1962) I'm Dickens, He's Fenster as
- (1962) The Beverly Hillbillies as Edy
- (1962) The Beverly Hillbillies as Girl
- (1962) The Merv Griffin Show as Herself - Guest
- (1962) The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson as Herself
- (1959) The Twilight Zone as Chorus Girl (uncredited)
Edy Williams Trivia and Facts
- Always attends the ceremonies of the Academy Awards, dressed in something scantily, shocking or surprising in nature, but always provocative.
- After her divorce from director Russ Meyer , she was romantically involved with former Los Angeles syndicate boss Mickey Cohen who had long since been retired from the rackets.
- 1966 Deb Star.
Edy Williams Quotes
- I just look in the mirror and I say, God, its really fantastic, the Lord really gave me something. So why on earth should I cover any of it up?
Edy Williams Photoshoots
- "Playboy" (USA), June 1995, Vol. 42, Iss. 6, pg. 92, by: Russ Meyer, "The Immoral Mr. Meyer"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1995, Vol. 9, Iss. 1, pg. 4-9, by: staff, "Greatest Girl-Girl Scenes: Lady Lust"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USa), 1995, Vol. 8, Iss. 2, pg. 76-77, by: staff, "Oscar Mire: Edy Williams"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1992, Vol. 5, Iss. 6, pg. 26-29, by: staff, "Up Muhammed's Ali"
- "Playboy" (USA), November 1989, Vol. 36, Iss. 11, pg. 134, by: Bruce Williamson, "Sex In Cinema 1989"
- "Playboy" (USA), February 1985, Vol. 32, Iss. 2, pg. 115, by: n/a, "The Year in Sex"
- "Best of Gallery" (USA), 1985, Iss. Winter/Spring
- "Eros" (USA), August 1984
- "Gallery" (USA), April 1984, Vol. 12, Iss. 4, pg. 26-33, by: Jean Rougeron, "Just Imagine ... Edy Williams - A Legend to Love"
- "Adult Cinema Review" (USA), March 1984, Vol. 3, Iss. 6, pg. 14-15+19-20+22, "Edy Williams: From Hollywood Starlet To Porn Goddess"
- "Velvet" (USA), September 1981, Vol. 5, Iss. 1, pg. 34-35, by: n/a, "Edy Williams Nude"
- "Velvet" (USA), April 1980
- "Playboy" (USA), January 1980, "Playboy's Pajama Parties"
- "Playboy" (USA), February 1979, Vol. 26, Iss. 2, pg. 148, by: staff, "The Year In Sex"
- "Playboy" (USA), July 1978, Vol. 25, Iss. 7, pg. 238, by: Holz / Michelson, "Grapevine: Edy Your Heart Out"
- "Oui" (USA), October 1977, Vol. 6, Iss. 10, pg. 41, by: n/a, "It's A Gala! The Fabulous Five-Year History of Oui"
- "Eurocinema" (France), May 1975, Iss. 26, pg. 8, by: Janine Freydefont, "Souvenez-vous... Cannes 1974"
- "Oui" (USA), June 1974
- "Playboy" (USA), March 1973, Vol. 20, Iss. 3, pg. 135-141, by: Russ Meyer, "All About Edy"
- "Playcinéma" (France), September 1971, Iss. 12, pg. 52-53, "Epouse de Russ Meyer, Edy couche néanmoins avec son partenaire"
- "Playcinéma" (France), March 1971, Iss. 8, pg. 2, "Drôle d'aventure pour Edy....."
- "Playboy" (USA), July 1970, "The Dolls of "Beyond the Valley""
- "King" (Italy), August 1968, Vol. II, Iss. 8, pg. 61-63, "La scala di Edy"
Edy Williams Other Works
- Appeared in the music video for "You're So Vain" by 'Faster Pussycat'
- Featured in the music video for "Happy Birthday Mr. Christian" by Apollonia 5