|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Rachel Chagall GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 88|
|LAST UPDATED: October 27, 2012|
Rachel Chagall Biography
- Rachel Chagall (born November 24, 1952) is an American actress, who specialized in comedic roles. She best known for roles as Gaby on the film Gaby: A True Story (1987), for which she was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress Ã¢Â€Â“ Motion Picture Drama, and as Val Toriello on The Nanny (1993Ã¢Â€Â“1999).
Born as Rachel Levin, she selected the name Rachel Chagall as there was already another Rachel Levin in the industry. She is perhaps best known for her role as the dimwitted sidekick, "Val", on the 1990s American television series The Nanny, alongside her longtime friend Fran Drescher. The last name Toriello she took on the show was the last name of one of Fran's cousins.She has twins, Jonah and Eve. Those names were used in The Nanny as Fran and Maxwell's children.
Rachel Chagall Filmography
- (2005) Making the Nanny as Val Toriello (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (2004) The Nanny Reunion: A Nosh to Remember as Herself
- (2004) TV's Greatest Sidekicks as (archive footage)
- (2002) What I Like About You as Chocolate Lady
- (2001) Odessa or Bust as Declining Agent
- (2000) Strong Medicine as Renee Edwards
- (1998) The Simple Life as
- (1997) Just Shoot Me! as Aunt Mindy
- (1995) The Last Supper as Abortion Activist
- (1993) Intimate Portrait as Herself
- (1993) The Nanny as Val Toriello
- (1990) White Palace as Rachel (as Rachel Levin)
- (1988) The 45th Annual Golden Globe Awards as Herself - Nominee: Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama (as Rachel Levin)
- (1987) Gaby: A True Story as Gaby (as Rachel Levin)
Rachel Chagall Trivia and Facts
- Took the name "Chagall" because there was already an actress named "Rachel Levin", and Marc Chagall (the artist) was her grandmothers first cousin (source: interview KTLA Morning News 13 January 1998).
- Has twins named Eve and Jonah (born 1999) (The same names Nanny Fine gave to her twins when she had them on the Tv show: Eve Catherine and Jonah Samuel)
- Was diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome in 1992.