|NUDE PICTURES: 6|
|Debby Ryan GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 6,128|
|LAST UPDATED: November 30, 2017|
Debby Ryan Biography
- Born in Alabama, Ryan lived in Texas for five years before moving to Wiesbaden, Germany with her family, where she lived for three years. While living in Germany, Ryan was one of the only kids participating in musicals and plays. She knew that she wanted to be an actor at the ripe young age of nine. After three years in Germany, the Ryan family moved back to Fort Worth, Texas were she attended Fossil Hill Middle and Fossil Ridge High School before Debby hit her teens, where they lived until she made the move to Los Angeles to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. Ryan got her start in film and various television commercials, landing roles in Barney: Lets Go to the Firehouse (2007) , two national commercials, and then the MGM feature film, The Longshots (2008), alongside Keke Palmer and Ice Cube. From there, her career took off, securing one of the starring roles on the Disney Channel series, "The Suite Life on Deck" (2008), which premiered in 2008. In 2010, Ryan starred in the smash hit, Movie of the Week [which aired on Disney], 16 Wishes (2010) . The film premiered at 5.6 million viewers, was second on the list of Cables Top 25 most popular shows of the week, and made that list twice. "16 Wishes" went on to premiere in over 30 countries, worldwide. In addition to starring in the film, she also sang the theme song, "A Wish Comes True Everyday", pitched and starred in a music video for the song, and wrote an original song entitled "Open Eyes", producing it with her singer-songwriter brother, Chase Ryan. In 2010 Ryan also appeared in the independent film, What If... (2010/I), opposite Kevin Sorbo, John Ratzenberger and Kristy Swanson, which premiered in select theaters across the country, and is still showing in various theaters, today. Most recently, Debby appeared and performed in the nationally broadcast, Disney Parks Christmas Parade Special (2010) , which aired on ABC. In her spare time, Ryan is heavily involved in music, and collaborates with her brother and friends to create and produce original tunes. Ryan hopes one day to launch a record label, to provide a place for other artists to express themselves and create amazing music. In addition, she has a huge passion for meeting and speaking to young people, and she supports various charities. Debby also loves rifling through vintage stores, writing and conducting interviews for her music blog, and cooking gluten-free brownies.
Debby Ryan Filmography
- (2012) Make Your Mark: Shake It Up Dance Off as Herself
- (2012) Marie as Herself
- (2012) Radio Rebel as Tara
- (2012) Secret of the Wings as Spike (voice)
- (2012) Zendaya: Behind the Scenes as Herself
- (2011) Austin & Ally as Jessie Prescott
- (2011) Granted;Campfire Stories 2 as Sapphire/Sapphie
- (2011) Jessie as Jessie Prescott
- (2011) KARtv as Guest of Jessie
- (2011) Make Your Mark: The Ultimate Dance Off - Shake It Up Edition as Herself - Host
- (2011) PrankStars as Herself
- (2011) So Random! as Herself
- (2011) The 36th Annual Gracie Awards as Herself
- (2011) The Suite Life Movie as Bailey Pickett
- (2010) 16 Wishes as Abby Jensen
- (2010) Disney Parks Christmas Parade Special as Herself
- (2010) Piper's QUICK Picks as Herself - Guest
- (2010) R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour as Steffani
- (2010) The Glades as Christa Johnson
- (2010) What If... as Kimberly Walker
- (2009) Disney Channel New Year Star Showdown as Herself
- (2009) Late Night with Jimmy Fallon as Herself
- (2009) Leo Little's Big Show as Herself - Guest
- (2009) Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana as Bailey Pickett (archive footage)
- (2009) Zeke and Luther as Courtney Mills
- (2008) Disney Channel's Totally New Year as Herself
- (2008) Fama Show as Herself
- (2008) Jonas Brothers: Living the Dream as Herself
- (2008) The Longshots as Popular Girl
- (2008) The Suite Life on Deck as Bailey Pickett
- (2008) The Suite Life on Deck as Bailey Pickett (credit only)
- (2008) The Suite Life on Deck as Bailey Pickett/Princess Xaria
- (2007) Barney: Let's Go to the Firehouse as Teenager
- (2007) Private Practice as Hailey
- (2007) The Morning Show with Mike & Juliet as Herself
- (2007) Wizards of Waverly Place as Bailey Pickett
- (2007) Yay Me! Starring London Tipton as Bailey Pickett (2008)
- (2006) Disney 365 as
- (2006) Disney 365 as Herself
- (2006) Hannah Montana as Bailey Pickett
- (2006) Rachael Ray as Herself
- (2005) Dancing with the Stars as Herself
- (2005) The Suite Life of Zack and Cody as Bailey Picket
- (2005) Video on Trial as Herself (archive footage)
- (1997) The View as Herself
- (1996) Access Hollywood as Herself
- (1994) Extra as Herself
- (1992) Barney & Friends as Debby
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
- (1975) Good Morning America as Herself
Debby Ryan Trivia and Facts
- Debby has had the same best friend since 7th grade.
- She owns a toy poodle named "Presley", after Elvis Presley. Boo Boo and Fivel Stewart gave him to her for her 17th birthday. The fans helped Debby pick the name.
- She is very close to her older brother named Chase Ryan who is a singer/songwriter producer. She co-writes and produces with him.
- Debby writes an insightful and intelligent music blog at www.debbyryan.com. Some of her other interests include writing, singing, dancing and directing videos.
- Before she got the role of Bailey on "The Suite Life on Deck" (2008) , she was a huge fan of "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" (2005).
- Debby wrote a song and Chase did the music and producing for her movie 16 Wishes. The song is called "Open Eyes". Debby sang the title track for the movie where she did a music video. She covered "Hakuna Matada" for Disneymania 7 album.
- She won Popstar Magazines Popstastic Award for Favorite Female Newcomer in 2009.
- Debby is a fan of Tina Fey , Emma Stone , Amanda Bynes , Sandra Bullock , Will Ferrell , John Travolta , Robert De Niro , Johnny Depp , Shia LaBeouf , Meryl Streep , Julia Roberts , Will Smith , Natalie Portman and Wayne Brady .
- In a People Magazine interview, Ryan told the magazine she was a mascot in the eighth grade and was in the schools chess club. She claims she was the ultimate nerd in school.
- She is a Christian and performed in churches in her childhood.
- She is a military brat, her father was in the military and she often moved to different places in Europe.
- She moved to Germany when she was seven years old and started performing in professional theaters.
- Ryan has been on the cover of several teen magazine such as Tiger Beat, Teen Magazine, J-14 Magazine and Popstar Magazine.
- Before being cast as one of the leads in "The Suite Life on Deck" (2008) she was involved in theater productions and video shorts in Germany and the United States.
- Besides acting, Debby loves all forms of art. She loves photography, writing and drawing.
- She also enjoys alternative rock and has shown a lot of interest in music, she is a singer, songwriter and producer.
- Ryan can speak German along with English, her primary language.
- Popstar Magazine sponsored a huge sweet sixteen bash for her, at which many teen stars attended.
- She has said in interviews that her celebrity crush is Spiderman.
- Debby wrote a song for the movie "16 Wishes" entitled "Open Eyes". Her brother Chase Ryan produced the song and did the music for it as well.
- Debby played an active role in producing the music video, "Weve Got the Beat" for DCOM "Radio Rebel". The video was produced under the name of her production company "Shadowborn Productions" in conjunction with Mar Vista and Razor and Tie.
Debby Ryan Photoshoots
- "Tiger Beat" (USA), November 2009
- "Popstar Magazine" (USA), 9 August 2009
- "People Magazine" (USA), 20 May 2009
- "Seventeen Magazine" (USA), 18 May 2009
- "Quizfest" (USA), September 2008, "How Would You Rock the Boat"
Debby Ryan Other Works
- Editorial credit: Student Film "Sunset" Directed and Produced by Chester Elijah Branch ('Chester Branch'.
- National commercials: iDog Amp'd by Hasbro and Game of Life Twist and Turns by Parker Brothers
- Debby's Video Blogs
- (2012) "We Got the Beat" Music Video for Radio Rebel MOW-Producer, Singer, and Dancer
- (2012) RyanStyle "FASHIONSCOOL" - Director, Producer, Performer
- (2013) RyanStyle "Couples"- Director, Producer, Performer
- (2012) Ryan River Sessions "Guilty As Charged"- Co-Director, Producer, Performer
- (2012) Ryan RIver Sessions "We Are Never Getting Back Together" - Director, Producer, Performer
- (2012) Ryan RIver Sessions "Superstition" - Director, Producer, Performer
- (2013) "Ever Enough" Music Video for Fueled by Ramen's Rocket to the Moon - Producer and Performer