|NUDE PICTURES: 15|
|Abbey Lee GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 2,377|
|LAST UPDATED: December 9, 2012|
Abbey Lee Biography
- Abbey Lee Kershaw (born 12 June 1987 in Melbourne, Australia) also known as Abbey Lee, is an Australian fashion model. Following several years of success leading up to the 2011 fashion seasons, V magazine dubbed Kershaw a supermodel. As a child, Kershaw says she was "always in the hospital." When she was four she suffered from meningitis and had to have two spinal taps. She also had a tumor on the knee, and several broken bones from climbing trees. She grew up in Kensington and attended St Michael's Catholic Primary school in North Melbourne in which she stated that she "grew up with 42 nationalities" explaining in an interview that her primary school of 150 children was very multicultural. She then attended the Academy of Mary Immaculate in Fitzroy. She later went on to win the Australian 2004 Girlfriend Model Search. After high school, in 2005, she moved from Melbourne to Sydney to begin modeling. She lived 100 meters from the beach and it was while at the beach where she got scouted by Chic Management's Kathy Ward, the model scout that also discovered Miranda Kerr and Samantha Harris. She signed with Chic Management within weeks.
Abbey Lee Filmography
- (2014) Mad Max: Fury Road as The Dag
- (2011) Submission as Jiu Jitsu Fighter
- (2009) The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show as Herself - Model
- (2008) The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show as Herself - Model
Abbey Lee Trivia and Facts
- Has a pet lizard, which she calls Annie Hall.
- So far she has 6 tattoos and 10 piercings (piercings on her: nipple, nose, belly, and seven in her ears).
- Is an Australian model.
- In 2004, she won the Girlfriend Cover Girl Model Search in Australia. She later signed with Chic Management (2005) and then Next Management (2007).
- Is also an artist. She draws and does abstract painting using oil pastels.
- Ranked #5 on the Top 50 Models Women list by models.com (as of June 2011).
- She is ranked #21 on the "Top Money Girls" list by models.com.
Abbey Lee Quotes
- Well, Ive always swung both ways, so its a bit different for me. I dont call myself bisexual: Im just experimental. I was always looking for somebody to sweep me off my feet, but then I got bored after two months and was on to the next.
- (on her tattoos) Ive got one on the palm of my hand, a peace sign on my finger, a little owl, and two new ones on the side of my stomach. I had them done in white ink so I can still model - it means theyre invisible.
- (on her piercings and tattoos) I find the pain fascinating. I enjoy putting myself through it, which is weird because Im scared of needles. It probably comes from when I was four and dying of meningitis and had to have two spinal taps. I was always in hospital as a kid: I had a tumour on my knee, lots of broken bones. I loved climbing trees.
- (on her pet lizard) A lizard is a perfect pet for a model. They only need feeding once a fortnight. And Im always travelling, so its perfect. If I had a dog, it would drop dead of starvation.
- I once wet myself in bed and my boyfriend at the time woke up wet through. Ive done all kinds of embarrassing things like that, but theres no room for embarrassment or shame, lifes just one big joke. Its because I have no sense of shame that Im always willing to give things a go: Ive ridden horses naked into the sea, Ive climbed rocks, all kinds of things. Thats why I do this job. Im always looking for the next door to open.
- (on her tattoos and piercings) Lets just say, if I werent a model, Id be a walking collage. I see my body as a blank canvas thats aching to be decorated; I find it all very fascinating.
Abbey Lee Other Works
- (2011) Print ads for Gucci's "Flora" fragrance campaign.