|NUDE PICTURES: 332|
|Dakota Johnson GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 8,513|
|LAST UPDATED: April 25, 2018|
Dakota Johnson Biography
- Dakota Mayi Johnson is an American fashion model and actress. She is the daughter of actors Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith. In 1999, she made her film debut in Crazy in Alabama (1999), where she and her half-sister, Stella Banderas, played the daughters to their real-life mother, Melanie Griffith. The film was directed by her stepfather, Antonio Banderas. She was voted Miss Golden Globe, 2006, where she served as the first second-generation Miss Golden Globe in the Globes history. In 2006, she signed with IMG Models. In 2009, she modeled for MANGO brands jeans line. Once she graduated from high school, she signed with the William Morris Agency and started her acting career. She had her first box office hit in 2010 with David Fincher s film, The Social Network (2010), in which she had a scene with Justin Timberlake. The film received eight Oscar nominations, including one for Best Picture. She also appeared in four additional films: Beastly (2011), alongside Vanessa Hudgens and Mary-Kate Olsen ; Ezna Sands film, Theo (2013) ; So Yong Kim s film, For Ellen (2012) ; and Larry Clark s film, Savage Innocent. She has roles in several 2012 films: Christopher Neil s film, Goats (2012), with David Duchovny ; Nicholas Stoller s film, The Five-Year Engagement (2012), for producer Judd Apatow, and the feature film version of the 1987 hit television show, "21 Jump Street" (1987), that made Johnny Depp a star. She also won the female lead in Chris Nelson (XIV) s, film Gay Dude (2012), written by Alan Yang. Her first television show, "Ben and Kate" (2012), where she plays "Kate", started airing on Fox during the Fall 2012 season. In 2010, Dakota traveled to Sydney, Australia, where she shot the "Rising Star" campaign for fashion label, "Wish".
Dakota Johnson Filmography
- (2014) Need for Speed as
- (2013) Theo as Chloe
- (2012) 21 Jump Street as Fugazy
- (2012) Ben and Kate as Kate Fox
- (2012) For Ellen as Cindy
- (2012) Gay Dude as
- (2012) Goats as Minnie
- (2012) The Five-Year Engagement as Audrey
- (2012) Transit as
- (2011) Beastly as Sloan
- (2010) All That Glitters as Dianica French
- (2010) Savage Innocent as
- (2010) The Social Network as Amelia Ritter
- (2006) The 63rd Annual Golden Globe Awards as Herself
- (2005) The Office as Dakota, Kevin's Replacement
- (2003) Jimmy Kimmel Live! as Herself - Guest
- (1999) Crazy in Alabama as Sondra
- (1997) Corazón de... as Herself (archive footage)
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
Dakota Johnson Trivia and Facts
- Daughter of Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith.
- Has two maternal half-siblings: Stella Banderas and Alexander Bauer (b. 1985).
- Has four paternal half-siblings: Jesse Johnson , Grace (b. 1999), Jasper (b. 2002), and Deacon Johnson (b. 2006).
- Good friends with Riley Keough. Was a childhood friend of Rumer Willis , but they have lost touch.
- Step-daughter of Antonio Banderas.
- Born in Austin, Texas and Melanies OB GYN was Noble Doss. Pictures of Melanie can be seen in Dr. Dosss photo album in his office.
- She is the third generation to be involved with the Golden Globes, as she was Miss Golden Globe in 2006, is the daughter of Don Johnson (Golden Globe winner for "Miami Vice" (1984) ) and Melanie Griffith (Golden Globe winner for Working Girl (1988) ), and granddaughter of Tippi Hedren (Golden Globe winner for Most Promising Newcomer, 1964).
- Launched a successful modeling career in 2008.
- Niece of actress Tracy Griffith and production designer Clay A. Griffith.
- Granddaughter of actress Tippi Hedren and Peter Griffith .
- She took down her Facebook profile, because she didnt like being on it, even though she acted in the hit film The Social Network (2010) which is about the origins of Facebook.
- Was considered one of the 55 faces of the future by Nylon Magazines Young Hollywood Issue (May 2010).
- On the audio commentary for the DVD release of The Social Network (2010) , director David Fincher said that Dakota was "wonderful" in a "pretty thankless role," since she has only one scene as Justin Timberlake s one-night stand.
Dakota Johnson Quotes
- [on why she chose to be an actress] I felt so much when I was fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, I felt everything. I didnt understand [myself], I was so happy yet so angry and sad. That was the point when I realized that I needed to tell stories and make characters come alive and I needed to make people cry, and make people angry, and make people happy, and make them laugh.
Dakota Johnson Photoshoots
- "Vanity Fair" (USA), January 2013, Iss. 639, pg. 60, by: Mark Seliger, "Faces of Funny"