|NUDE PICTURES: 190|
|Kate Upton GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 15,843|
|LAST UPDATED: February 14, 2018|
Kate Upton Biography
- Born in Michigan and raised in Melbourne, Florida, Kate Upton grew up around horses. She was attending a horse show--not as a participant, but because the event piqued her interest--at age 12 when she was Spotted by Trump Model Management. Three years later she went to Miami to become a model. She quickly gained popularity after her first appearance in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, and also for utilizing social media which got her signed by Ivan Bart of IMG Models. For this skillful use of the internet she was profiled on 13 February 2012 by the NY Times the same day as her second issue of Sports Illustrated, featuring her on the cover, hit newsstands.
Kate Upton Filmography
- (2014) The Other Woman as
- (2013) Sports Illustrated: The Making of Swimsuit 2013 as Herself
- (2012) GTTV Presents MLB 2K12: The Perfect Club as Herself - Host
- (2012) Sports Illustrated: The Making of Swimsuit 2012 as Herself - Model
- (2012) The Three Stooges as Sister Bernice
- (2012) Tim Tebow's Wild Rise as Herself (archive footage)
- (2011) Exposure: Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011 as Herself
- (2011) Tower Heist as Mr. Hightower’s Mistress
- (2010) Conan as Herself
- (2009) Late Night with Jimmy Fallon as Herself - Guest
- (2009) Tosh.0 as
- (2004) Le grand journal de Canal+ as Herself
- (1998) Fox and Friends as Herself
- (1993) Late Show with David Letterman as Herself
- (1993) Late Show with David Letterman as Herself - Guest
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself - At Clippers Game (archive footage)
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
- (1975) Saturday Night Live as Herself (uncredited)
- (1952) Today as Herself
Kate Upton Trivia and Facts
- A competitive equestrienne who has won a total of 4 championships before moving on to modeling.
- Voted #2 on Ask mens top 99 most desirable famous women of 2012.
- Named 2012 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue cover girl [February 12, 2012].
- Niece of U.S. Rep. Fred Upton.
- Spokeswoman for Carls Jr./Hardees [February 22, 2012].
- Covered on the front page of the NY Times as a largely self-made internet phenomenon, February 13th 2012.
- Started modeling at age 15.
- Great-granddaughter of one of the founders of Whirlpool Corporation, Fred Upton, who her uncle, Congressmen Fred Upton , is named after.
- 4th most searched for term on Yahoo in 2012.
- On the February 2013 cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, the first model, since Tyra Banks , to have it in back-to-back years.
- For the 2013 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue was the subject of the first ever fashion shoot in Antarctica. She reports that due to the cold they could not film for more than a minute at a time and that her hearing and eyesight were failing after the shoot, those are serious symptoms of hypothermia.
Kate Upton Quotes
- [on negative remarks about her figure from pro thinness web blogger] Im not going to starve just to be thin.... I want to enjoy life and I cant if Im not eating and miserable...
- I grew up in Florida riding horses, so for the majority of my life I was either in boots and jeans or a bathing suit. I understand why my male followers like me... Its like any job. You find your strengths and play them up.
Kate Upton Photoshoots
- "Sports Illustrated" (USA), 15 February 2013, Vol. 118, Iss. 6, pg. 115, 118, 120, by: Walter Iooss Jr., "Body Paint: Bahamas"
- "Sports Illustrated" (USA), 15 February 2013, Vol. 118, Iss. 6, pg. 48-56, 61-62, by: Derek Kettela, "Antarctica"
- "GQ" (USA), July 2012, pg. 72-78, by: Terry Richardson, "Kate Upton (For Example)"
- "Sports Illustrated" (USA), 17 February 2012, Vol. 116, Iss. 7, pg. 148-150, 154, by: Stewart Shining, "Gulf, Anyone?"
- "Sports Illustrated" (USA), 17 February 2012, Vol. 116, Iss. 7, pg. 84-90, by: Walter Iooss Jr., "G'day, Kate"
- "Playboy" (USA), June 2011, Vol. 58, Iss. 6, pg. 136, by: Jim Smeal, "Grapevine: Upton Girl"
- "Sports Illustrated" (USA), February 2011, "Swimsuit Issue"
Kate Upton Other Works
- (February 2011) Rookie of the year in 2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
- (February 12th 2012) Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover.
- (August 2011) GQ Magazine along with Ken Jeong.
- (2011) Print ads for Guess accessories.
- (February 2013) Mercedes-Benz Super Bowl TV Commercial
Kate Upton Trademarks
- Mole above her lip.