|NUDE PICTURES: 106|
|Emilia Clarke GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 18,184|
|LAST UPDATED: February 16, 2018|
Emilia Clarke Biography
- Emilia Clarke was born in England and grew up in Berkshire. Her father is a theater sound engineer and her mother is a businesswoman. Her father was working on a theater production of "Show Boat" and her mother took her along to the performance. This is when, at the age of 3, her passion for drama began. She attended St. Edwards School of Oxford from 2000-05, where she appeared in two school plays. She went on to study at the prestigious Drama Centre London, where she took part in 10 plays. During this time Emilia first appeared on television with a guest role in the BBCs "Doctors" (2000). In 2010, after graduating from the Drama Centre London, Emilia got her first film role in the TV movie Triassic Attack (2010) . Her breakthrough role came in 2011 when she replaced fellow newcomer Tamzin Merchant in "Game of Thrones" (2011) after the filming of the initial pilot. Emilia won the 2011 EWwy Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama for her role.
Emilia Clarke Filmography
- (2014) Dom Hemingway as Evelyn
- (2012) 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards as Herself
- (2012) G4 Presents Comic Con 2012 Live as Herself
- (2012) Shackled as Malu
- (2012) Spike Island as Sally
- (2011) Game of Thrones as Daenerys Targaryen
- (2010) Triassic Attack as Savannah
- (2009) Late Night with Jimmy Fallon as Herself - Guest
- (2003) Jimmy Kimmel Live! as Herself - Guest
- (2000) Doctors as Saskia Mayer
- (1999) Futurama as (voice)
- (1993) Late Show with David Letterman as Herself - Guest
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself
- () Rosaline as Juliet
- () The Garden of Last Days as April
Emilia Clarke Trivia and Facts
- If she werent an actress, she would be an architect, a singer, or a graphic designer.
- Has one brother.
- Has a dog named Roxy.
- Voted #88 on Ask Mens Top 99 most desirable women of 2012 list.
- Ranked #15 on Askmens list of the top 99 "most desirable" famous women for 2013.
- She can sing and play some piano, flute and guitar.
- Ranked #1 on the Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2012.
Emilia Clarke Quotes
- [on her role as "Daenerys" in the "Game of Thrones" (2011) series] Sometimes I feel like the kid left out - the weirdo with the silver hair that no one likes to talk to.
- [on her "Game of Thrones" (2011) character] I felt for Daenerys. I felt for her situation as a woman. Being in such a male-dominated society, where she was being abused by the men around her - it was that sort of sympathy, I suppose it started off as that. But then as you track her story, the problems that she overcomes and the way that she deals with them with such grace and the way that she deals with them when she has no training. The only thing that she has is herself and her iron will - thats just a fabulous, incredible side to her character, really. And the fact that you watch her fall in love. You know, she meets the man that she loves more than anything else. She goes through painful events but she is still this strong, independent woman. And I think that, as a female, is what I really connected with.
- One of the many things I love about Daenerys [from "Game of Thrones" (2011) ] is shes given me an opportunity to fly the flag for young girls and women, to be more than just somebodys wife and somebodys girlfriend.
- Because of my hair I rarely, rarely get recognized, but I was in America, in L.A., a couple of weeks ago and I was in a lift in a department store and the doors opened and this woman stood there, looked at me and just went, "Khaleesi!" and then the doors closed! So that was mental and bizarre and rarely happens but when it does its normally on that kind of crazy scale.
- I looked around one stage school when I was maybe nine. It just scared the bejesus out of me. I was incredibly open, and the girls seemed fierce and determined.
- Not to sound too much like an obnoxious actor, but the character never really leaves me. Ive read all the "Game of Thrones" books many times over, so I sometimes find it easier being on set, because it can be hard to get out of character.
Emilia Clarke Photoshoots
- "GQ" (USA), March 2013, pg. 168-169, by: Maciek Kobielski, "Queen of the Throne Age"
- "Celebrity Skin" (USA), 2012, Iss. 11, pg. 13, by: n/a, "Fresh Flesh: Emilia Clarke"
Emilia Clarke Other Works
- (3/13) Stage: Appeared (as "Holly Golightly" in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" on Broadway, directed by 'Sean Mathias' .