|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Gloria Reuben GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 2,670|
|LAST UPDATED: March 2, 2014|
Gloria Reuben Biography
- Gloria Reuben is an actress, singer and social activist who, over the past twenty years, has amassed impressive credentials in television, film, theater, and music. Glorias portrayal of Condoleezza Rice in David Hares play "Stuff Happens" (at New York Citys Public Theater) garnered her a Lucille Lortel Best Actress Award. Glorias music career includes a stint as a backup singer for Tina Turner in 2000, which led to the recording of her solo album, Just For You, in 2004. She is currently working on a new record. Gloria is also a committed social activist. As of January 2011, Gloria is a special advisor on climate change for the Alliance for Climate Protection, former Vice President Al Gores environmental organization. She is on the Board for the National Wildlife Federation, and is on the Leadership Council for the Natural Resources Defense Council and Waterkeeper Alliance. She is also on the Leadership Council for the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights, and she serves on the Board for SIECUS: the Sexuality, Information and Education Council of the United States.
Gloria Reuben Filmography
- (2014) Reasonable Doubt as Detective Blake Kanon
- (2013) Admission as Corinne
- (2013) Untitled Bounty Hunter Project as Kate Mickelson
- (2012) Jesse Stone: Benefit of the Doubt as Thelma Gleffey
- (2012) Lincoln as Elizabeth Keckley
- (2011) Jesse Stone: Innocents Lost as Thelma Gleffey
- (2010) Cherrys as Emma Cherry
- (2009) Drop Dead Diva as Professor Kathy Miller
- (2009) Island Summer Celebrity Sports Invitational as Herself
- (2009) PoliWood as Herself
- (2008) Raising the Bar as Rosalind Whitman
- (2008) The Bonnie Hunt Show as Herself
- (2008) The Understudy as Greta
- (2008) The Wendy Williams Show as Herself - Guest
- (2007) Life Support as Sandra
- (2007) Memòries de la tele as Herself (archive footage)
- (2007) Positive Voices: Women and HIV as Herself
- (2007) The Hard Place as Billie
- (2006) Kettle of Fish as Mindy
- (2006) The Sentinel as Mrs. Merriweather
- (2005) Numb3rs as Erica Quimby
- (2004) Tavis Smiley as Herself
- (2003) 1-800-Missing as Brooke Haslett
- (2003) Bad Faith as Lana Fuentes
- (2002) Happy Here and Now as Hannah
- (2002) Little John as Natalie Britain
- (2002) Salem Witch Trials as Tituba Indian
- (2001) Feast of All Saints as Cecile Ste. Marie
- (2001) The Agency as Lisa Fabrizzi
- (2001) The Agency as Lisa Fabrizzi (credit only)
- (2001) The Chris Isaak Show as Herself
- (2000) On Tour mit Tina Turner as Singer
- (2000) On Tour with Tina as Singer
- (2000) Pilgrim as Vicky
- (2000) Shaft as Sgt. Council (uncredited)
- (2000) Sole Survivor as Rose Tucker
- (2000) The District as Lisa Fabrizzi
- (1999) David and Lola as Gloria
- (1999) Deep in My Heart as Barbara Ann Williams
- (1999) Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Assistant U.S. Attorney Christine Danielson
- (1999) Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Violet Tremain
- (1999) Macbeth in Manhattan as Claudia/Lady Macbeth
- (1999) Sara as
- (1999) The 51st Annual Primetime Emmy Awards as Herself - Audience Member
- (1999) VH1 Divas Live 2 as Herself - Presenter
- (1998) 1998 MLB All-Star Game as Herself - Canadian National Anthem Performer
- (1998) 4th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards as Herself
- (1998) Indiscreet as Eve Dodd
- (1998) The 50th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards as Herself - Nominee: Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
- (1998) The 55th Annual Golden Globe Awards as Herself - Nominee: Best Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for TV
- (1997) The 23rd Annual People's Choice Awards as Herself - Accepting Award for Favorite Television Dramatic Series
- (1997) The 49th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards as Herself - Nominee: Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
- (1996) The 22nd Annual People's Choice Awards as Herself - Accepting Award for Favorite Dramatic Television Series
- (1996) The Daily Show as Herself
- (1996) The Rosie O'Donnell Show as Herself
- (1996) This Week as Herself
- (1995) Johnny's Girl as Monica
- (1995) Nick of Time as Krista Brooks
- (1995) The 21st Annual People's Choice Awards as Herself - Accepting Award for Favorite Television Dramatic Series/New Dramatic Television Series
- (1994) Confessions: Two Faces of Evil as Tanya Blackmon
- (1994) Dead Air as Judy
- (1994) ER as Jeanie Boulet
- (1994) ER as Jeanie Boulet (credit only)
- (1994) McKenna as
- (1994) Timecop as Fielding
- (1993) Homicide: Life on the Street as Det. Theresa Walker
- (1993) Late Night with Conan O'Brien as Herself
- (1993) Percy & Thunder as Suzanne
- (1993) Shadowhunter as Cayla
- (1993) The Waiter as Rita
- (1992) Flash III: Deadly Nightshade as Sabrina (archive footage)
- (1992) The Heights as Juliette
- (1992) The Round Table as
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself
- (1991) Silk Stalkings as Hattie Morgan, Pathologist
- (1991) The Flash II: Revenge of the Trickster as Sabrina (archive footage)
- (1991) Wild Orchid II: Two Shades of Blue as Celeste
- (1990) The Flash as Sabrina
- (1990) The Flash as Sabrina (uncredited)
- (1989) Immediate Family as Maternity Nurse
- (1989) The Young Riders as Cassie Ellis
- (1988) China Beach as Palm Frond #2
- (1987) 21 Jump Street as Ranger No. 3 (as Gloria Rueben)
- (1986) The Oprah Winfrey Show as
- (1985) Alfred Hitchcock Presents as Pam
- (1984) CBS Schoolbreak Special as
- (1971) Polka Dot Door as Host (1985)
- () Aja as (rumored)
Gloria Reuben Trivia and Facts
- Gloria toured with Tina Turner as a backup singer, on her "24/7" Tour.
- Sister of Denis Simpson.
- (1996) Chosen by People (USA) magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world
- Sang the Canadian national anthem at the 1998 baseball All-Star game.
- Played the wife of actor/director/producer Jimmy Bridges in a "Luvs Diapers" commercial in 1989.
- Sang the Canadian national anthem at the 2003 basketball All-Star game. Continues to sing both the Canadian and U.S. anthems at sporting events, including NY Giants, NY Knicks, NY Rangers, Toronto Raptors.
- Her Jamaican mother was a gospel singer.
- She and singer/actor brother Denis Simpson both hosted the Canadian pre-schooler program "Polka Dot Door" (1971) at one time.
- Crowned "Miss Black Ontario" in 1986.
- Became a US Citizen in 2009.
- Gloria began studying classical piano at age 5.
Gloria Reuben Photoshoots
- "Celebrity Skin" (USA), September 2002, Vol. 24, Iss. 108, pg. 122, by: N/A, "101 Sexiest TV Stars (#8)"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1999, Vol. 12, Iss. 9, pg. 50-53, by: staff, "Smooth OpERators: Jeanie Boulet"
- "Playboy" (USA), February 1998, Vol. 45, Iss. 2, pg. 169, by: Roy Barrett, "Grapevine: In All Her Gloria"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1997, Vol. 10, Iss. 9, pg. 58-59, by: staff, "Bedside Manners: Physical Assistant Jeanie Boulet"
Gloria Reuben Other Works
- "Just for you" debut album (2004).
- (April 2006): Plays Condoleezza Rice in "Stuff Happens" play by David
- Hare (The Public Theater, New York City, New York, USA).