|NUDE PICTURES: 26|
|Ronda Rousey GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 25,415|
|LAST UPDATED: November 10, 2017|
Ronda Rousey Biography
- Ronda Jean Rousey (born February 1, 1987) is an American former judoka and current mixed martial artist and the current Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Champion. She has finished all of her opponents by armbar in the first round. Rousey is the first American woman to earn an Olympic medal in Judo at the Summer Olympics. Rousey trains under famous Armenian fighters Gokor Chivichyan and Edmond Tarverdyan of the Glendale Fighting Club in Glendale, CA. She formerly trained at the Olympic Training Center in Wakefield, Massachusetts under guidance of Jimmy Pedro and is now part of Team Hayastan in Santa Monica, California. Rousey also trains with Leo Frincu and Gene Lebell, along with Team Hayastan fighters such as Manny Gamburyan, Karen Darabedyan, Sako Chivitchian and Sevak Magakian. She is managed by Darin Harvey of Fight Tribe MMA. In July, 2012, Rousey enlisted former undefeated boxing and kickboxing champion Lucia Rijker as striking coach.
Ronda Rousey Filmography
- (2014) Safest Place on Earth as Herself
- (2013) Through My Father's Eyes as Herself
- (2012) Jim Rome on Showtime as Herself
- (2012) Jim Rome on Showtime as Herself - panelist
- (2012) MMA Uncensored Live as Herself
- (2012) Strikeforce: Heavyweight Grand Prix Final as Herself - Audience Member
- (2012) Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman as Herself
- (2012) Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey as Herself
- (2012) The Jeff Probst Show as Herself
- (2012) UFC on FX as Herself - Audience Member
- (2012) UFC Ultimate Insider as Herself
- (2011) Fighters Only Mixed Martial Arts Awards IV as Herself
- (2011) Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal as Herself - Audience Member
- (2010) Conan as Herself - Guest
- (2009) American Judoka as Herself
- (2009) Strikeforce Challengers as Herself
- (2007) FightZone Presents as Herself
- (2004) American Latino TV as Herself
- (2002) Last Call with Carson Daly as Herself - Guest
- (1993) Good Day L.A. as Herself
Ronda Rousey Trivia and Facts
- Fourth degree black belt in judo.
- At age 17, became youngest judoka (judo player) to compete at the Olympics, during the 2004 games in Athens, Greece.
- At the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China won a bronze medal, becoming the first American woman to win a medal since judos inception into the Olympics.
- Was given the nickname "The Arm Collector", because she has won all her mixed martial arts bouts by arm bar.
- One of her nicknames, "Rowdy" was given to her by retired pro-wrestler "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.
- Her mother Dr. AnnMaria de Mars is a seventh degree black belt in judo, and the first American to ever win a world championship in judo in 1984.
- Has two older sisters, and one younger sister.
- Is half Venezuelan on her mothers side.
- Her maternal great-grandfather is Trinidad-Canadian Dr. Alfred E. Waddell, making Ronda 1/8 black.
- In addition to her mother, she also trains under Gene LeBell , and Gokor Chivichyan.
- Defeated fighter Miesha Tate on March 3, 2012 to become the Strikeforce Womens Bantamweight Champion.
- Fourth and final winner of the "Strikeforce" (2009) Bantamweight World Title.
Ronda Rousey Photoshoots
- "ESPN The Magazine" (USA), 23 July 2012, Vol. 15, Iss. 13, pg. 64-65, by: Peggy Sirota, "The Bodies We Want"