Holly Marie Combs
|NUDE PICTURES: 73|
|Holly Marie Combs GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 3,411|
|LAST UPDATED: February 5, 2018|
Holly Marie Combs Biography
- Holly moved to New York at the tender age of 7. Already her stunning looks had turned heads, resulting in jobs in print ads and commercials. Soon these experiences lead to a desire to act, a dream shared by Hollys mother, who herself was only 24. After a few bit parts, Holly landed a leading role as Kimberly in TV drama "Picket Fences" (1992). This show ran for 4 years, winning Holly critical acclaim and a Young Actors award. After the show ended, Holly starred in more roles in TV movies, enjoying her marriage and career success. This wasnt to last; in 1997, she divorced husband Bryan Travis Smith and yearned for more challenging roles. Then in 1998, Hollys good friend Shannen Doherty told her about a new television show based around three sisters who happen to be witches, who save the world from evil. Holly auditioned for the middle sister, won the role and is now known world wide for her portrayal of Piper Halliwell in the WB smash hit show "Charmed" (1998). Holly now lives in Burbank with her husband and their three sons.
Holly Marie Combs Filmography
- (2010) Pretty Little Liars as Ella Montgomery
- (2010) Pretty Little Liars as Ella Montgomery (credit only)
- (2010) Teen Choice Awards 2010 as Herself
- (2009) Mistresses as Janey
- (2008) Interview with Alyssa Milano as Herself
- (2008) Interview with Rose McGowan as Herself
- (2007) Point of Entry as Katherine Alden
- (2005) Charmed: Access All Areas as Herself
- (2005) Charmed: Life's a Witch as Herself
- (2004) The Tony Danza Show as Herself
- (2003) Charmed: Behind the Magic as Herself/Piper Halliwell (also archive footage)
- (2003) See Jane Date as Natasha Nutley
- (2003) The Sharon Osbourne Show as Herself
- (2001) Ocean's Eleven as Herself (uncredited)
- (2001) Revealed with Jules Asner as Herself
- (2001) The Nightmare Room as Girl (uncredited)
- (2000) The Women of Charmed as Herself/Piper Halliwell (also archive footage)
- (1999) Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards '99 as Herself
- (1999) The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn as Herself
- (1999) The Teen Choice Awards 1999 as Herself
- (1998) Celebrity Profile as Herself
- (1998) Charmed as Piper Halliwell
- (1998) Charmed as Piper Halliwell (also archive footage)
- (1997) Daughters as Alex Morrell
- (1997) Love's Deadly Triangle: The Texas Cadet Murder as Diane Zamora
- (1996) E! News Daily as Herself
- (1996) Relativity as Anne Pryce
- (1996) Sins of Silence as Sophie DiMatteo
- (1996) The Craft as Tasha Powell (uncredited)
- (1996) Vector as Maggie St. James
- (1995) A Reason to Believe as Sharon
- (1993) Good Day L.A. as Herself
- (1993) Intimate Portrait as Herself
- (1992) Chain of Desire as Diana
- (1992) Dr. Giggles as Jennifer Campbell
- (1992) Picket Fences as Kimberly Brock
- (1992) Picket Fences as Kimberly Brock (credit only)
- (1992) Simple Men as Kim
- (1992) Vicki! as Herself
- (1991) KTLA Morning News as Herself
- (1989) Born on the Fourth of July as Jenny
- (1989) New York Stories as Costume Party Guest (segment "Life without Zoe") (uncredited)
- (1988) Sweet Hearts Dance as Debs Boon
- (1981) Entertainment Tonight as Herself
- (1956) As the World Turns as Candice Young (unconfirmed)
Holly Marie Combs Trivia and Facts
- (May 2000) She (along with actresses Tangi Miller and Alyson Hannigan ) is a spokesperson for breast cancer, and will appear in a new four page brochure (to be featured in Vogue, Glamour, Self, Mademoiselle, and Womens Sports and Fitness) to raise awareness about the disease.
- Education: Professional Childrens School N.Y. Coached by the great Ernie Martin
- Daughter of David Combs and Lauralei Combs.
- Hobbies include gardening and horseback riding.
- Pets: 3 horses - Jake, Jezebel and Jesse. 4 fish - all un-named. 4 birds - only two of which are named, Lollie and Flower. 6 dogs - Travis, Hugo, Sugar, Thunder, Lola and Fly Guy. 2 Cats - Blue and Selena. 2 rabbits - Thumper and Jack. The cats and rabbits are the only pets that live indoors.
- Was engaged to Storm Lyndon but they split up late in 2000.
- (1999) Was a bridesmaid at the wedding of Alyssa Milano.
- (2002) #62 in FHMs 100 sexiest women countdown
- (2003) #78 in Stuff magazines 103 sexiest women countdown
- Married "Charmed" (1998) key grip David W. Donoho on February 14, 2004
- Sons, Finley Arthur Donoho, born on April 26, 2004, Riley Edward Donoho, born on October 26, 2006, and Kelly James Donoho, born on May 26, 2009. All three of her sons were born by C-section, Kelly, by emergency C-section, at 35 weeks.
- Upon Shannen Doherty s departure from "Charmed" (1998) , Holly Marie Combs character Piper became the oldest sister, despite being the youngest of all four actresses who have played Halliwell sisters in the series.
- The scar in her eyebrow was caused by her walking into a marble table when she was learning to walk.
- Her mother had her when she was only 15.
- Her favorite books include, "The Garden of Eden" by Ernest Hemingway and "Practical Magic" by Alice Hoffman.
- She is a huge Remy Zero fan.
- Was the only cast member of "Charmed" (1998) to want the show to continue.
- Enjoys horror movies.
- Filmed an unaired pilot called Rockenwagner.
- Is good friends with Charisma Carpenter.
- Although not credited, (she only said 3 or 4 words) she was in a poker-school scene with Rusty (Brad Pitt) in Oceans 11, where she was addressed by her real christian name.
- Second son Riley Edward Donoho (born October 26, 2006).
- Third son Kelley James Donoho (born May 26, 2009).
- First son Finley Arthur Donoho (born April 26, 2004),.
Holly Marie Combs Quotes
- I have no interest in a guy who doesnt know the right end of a screwdriver.
- [About having a child, shortly before getting pregnant] "For some reason everybody on the set - except for me - thinks I should get pregnant for real. Its like they all got together and Ive been nominated! Honestly, the thought of having a baby scares me!"
- (About topless pictures of her on the internet.) "I did one topless scene when I was 20. There was no thought in my mind that they could freeze that moment into 15 different pictures. The worst, I was thinking, was that stupid guy friends of mine could rewind it and play it again."
- I was the product of very young parents, and they had wild ways. My mother was in a punk band. Rebelling would have been learning to play piano.
- (On the miracle of motherhood.) Now, as an actress and a person, it has completely broadened my horizons because I have such a deep level of empathy for everyone. It opens you up and youre like a bleeding heart. Its funny, because you can be such a guarded person in your personal life and try to protect yourself from all these worries and hurts, but when you have a kid, youre suddenly this feeling being. When Finley gets his vaccinations, it kills me, and you cant protect yourself from that. My heart is being ripped out with every shot. Its a deeper level of emotion that I wasnt prepared to feel, but its completely amazing. It has opened me up both as a person and as an actress. Everything has a deeper meaning now.
- (On her baby, Finley) Thank God, hes such a good traveler. He adapts so well. He can pretty much sleep anywhere. I was very, very worried about him having a normal kind of life and being comfortable and not carted around everywhere, but hes so good. We went on location in Las Vegas with my husband and wed go out to the casino and he thinks theres just a lot of people in the living room. Like, wow, its kind of loud and theres a lot of people here today.
- (On Alyssa & Roses escapades with her baby, Finley) They take him in the makeup trailer and do bad things to his hair. The girls gave him a mohawk the other day. So I cant let him out of my sight for very long.
- (On motherhood) Its weird. When you become a mom you just learn how to function sleep deprived and you do get used to it. I came back to work when he was three months old and the first few months were rough. And then somehow you learn to exist on no sleep. And now when he does upon occasion sleep through the night, which is like a full six hours, youre pretty sure hes suffocating. So you dont sleep anyway.
- (On motherhood) Its changed just about everything about my life. It definitely puts everything in perspective. Things that were so important to you mean absolutely nothing and the status of his diaper means absolutely everything.
- The WB never treated us well, so we didnt expect a lot of farewell wishes and flowers or cards.
- There are occasional food fights. We had Friday-night grape night. Because when I had the scene with Josh and the wine, we started picking up the plastic grapes and throwing them at each other. By Friday night we were so tired, and the director couldnt control us! There were grapes all over the floor.
- Felicity Huffman is just flawless; shes above and beyond TV and movies and this Earth.
Holly Marie Combs Photoshoots
- "Celebrity Adult Spy" (UK), 31 December 2002, Vol. 1, Iss. 4, pg. 6-7, "Holly Marie Combs Charmed Out Of Her Clothes!"
- "Stuff" (USA), November 2002, Iss. 36, pg. 88-92, by: Montage, "The Bare Witch"
- "Celebrity Sleuth" (USA), 1996, Vol. 10, Iss. 1, pg. 86-87, by: staff, "Police Sirens: Holly Marie Combs"
Holly Marie Combs Other Works
- (2000) Spokesperson for breast cancer.
- Is a board member of "Thursday's Child", a charity for runaways and
- underprivileged teens.
- (2002) Did a series of mini interviews to promote Charmed (season 4)
- for UK television.
- (1999) Presenter for the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards.
- Cover model for the "Charmed" (1998) book series.
- Appeared as a cafe customer for "Helga's Bread", with the line "I'd
- prefer Helga's too".
- (June 2003) Took photos of 'Alyssa Milano' for a promotion for 'Lovable'
- push-up bras. They, and a bra once worn by Milano, were then auctioned
- on eBay to raise money for Town Lake Animal Centre in Texas. The final
- price was $1,625 US dollars.
- A pilot for CBS called "Rockenwagner"
- Print ads in major women's magazines featuring the Susan G. Komen
- Breast Cancer Foundation and Ford Motor company sponsored Breast Cancer
- Awareness questionnaire. (2000)