|NUDE PICTURES: 66|
|Jacinda Barrett GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 3,196|
|LAST UPDATED: July 25, 2015|
Jacinda Barrett Biography
- Although Jacinda Barrett was born in Australia, her convincing accent has paved the way for numerous acting roles in the USA. Barrett was first introduced to American audiences via MTVs "The Real World" (1992) during its fourth season which was set in London. Jacinda Barrett received her first break on the big screen in Human Stain, directed by Oscar winner Robert Benton, alongside Anthony Hopkins and Nicole Kidman for which she received critical praise. Soon after she starred in Ladder 49, a movie that honored her firefighter father, where she worked with Joaquin Phoenix and John Travolta. The movie spanned 10 years in the life of a Baltimore firefighting family. Soon after, she was in love with Renee Zellwegers Bridget in Bridget Jones, The Edge of Reason. She also starred in the action disaster movie, Poseidon directed by Wolfgang Peterson and the comedy, School for Scoundrels with Billy Bob Thornton directed by Todd Phillips. She again received critical praise for her challenging role in the Last Kiss. A.O. Scott said of her performance, "Ms. Barrett is a glowing, lovely presence, giving full voice to the rage, humiliation and hurt." Shauna Lyon in the New Yorker writes, "Jacinda Barrett steals the show as Michaels beautiful, reasonable life partner, offering a volatile, realistic portrayal of a woman scorned." Jacinda was directed by Mira Nair in the adaptation of Jumpha Lahiris Pulitzer Prize Winning novel, The Namesake and starred alongside her husband, in Middle Men a tale of the founding of the Internet porn industry. She has starred in multiple TV series, most recently alongside Anthony Edwards in Zero Hour. Even though Jacinda grew up in Brisbane, her first Australian role was headlining Matching Jack, as she left home at 17 to work and travel the world. She is married to Gabriel Macht and they have one daughter together. She has been named one of People Magazines 50 Most Beautiful People.
Jacinda Barrett Filmography
- (2013) Zero Hour as Laila Galliston
- (2011) A Proper Send-Off as Alex
- (2011) Suits as Zoe Lawford
- (2010) Matching Jack as Marissa
- (2009) Middle Men as Diana Harris
- (2009) New York, I Love You as Maggie (segment "Natalie Portman")
- (2006) Poseidon as Maggie James
- (2006) Poseidon: A Ship on a Soundstage as Herself
- (2006) Poseidon: Upside Down as Herself
- (2006) Rogue Waves: The Sinking of Poseidon as Herself
- (2006) School for Scoundrels as Amanda
- (2006) The Last Kiss as Jenna
- (2006) The Namesake as Maxine
- (2005) Ripley Under Ground as Heloise Plisson
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself
- (2004) Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason as Rebecca
- (2004) Ladder 49 as Linda Morrison
- (2004) See You in My Dreams as Ingrid
- (2003) Common Ave. as Herself
- (2003) The Human Stain as Steena Paulsson
- (2002) Last Call with Carson Daly as Herself
- (2000) Bull as Holly Cameron
- (2000) Citizen Baines as Dori Baines
- (2000) D.C. as Finley Scott
- (2000) Urban Legends: Final Cut as Lisa
- (1999) 24-Seven as Claire
- (1999) The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn as Herself
- (1999) Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane as Lisa
- (1998) Art House as Tiffany
- (1998) Guys Like Us as Audrey
- (1998) Immaculate Springs as
- (1998) Wind on Water as Kate Poole
- (1997) Campfire Tales as Heather Wallace (segment "The Locket")
- (1997) Night Man as The Amazing Selene
- (1996) Millennium as Taylor Watts
- (1995) Hercules: The Legendary Journeys as Medea
- (1995) The Real World Reunion as Herself - London
- (1993) GMTV as Herself
- (1992) HBO First Look as Herself
- (1992) The Real World as Herself/London (1995)
- (1988) Live with Regis and Kathie Lee as Herself
- (1986) The Oprah Winfrey Show as Herself
Jacinda Barrett Trivia and Facts
- (1997) Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- Dropped her Australian accent for her role in Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000).
- Was offered the part of Sarah Moyer in Halloween: Resurrection (2002) , but passed on the job.
- She was a cast member on the fourth season of MTVs "The Real World" (1992) , which took place in London, England. She is mostly remembered on the show for buying a dog, Legend, and then refusing to properly house-train it, which understandably frustrated the other cast members.
- In Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000) , her character briefly mentioned the MTV show "The Real World" (1992). She is a former cast member of the reality show.
- Jacindas father is an airport firefighter, the first on the scene after a plane crash. This inspired her to get a pilots license
- Was engaged to Chris Hardwick .
- This very tall actress was made to wear only short ballet slippers when acting with 5 8 1/2" Joaquin Phoenix in Ladder 49 (2004) so she would not tower over her co-star.
- She and her husband, Gabriel Macht , became the parents of a girl, Satine Anais Geraldine Macht, on August 27, 2007 in Los Angeles.
- Announced on "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (2005) , on August 6, 2010, that she has become an American citizen.
- Her guest appearance on her husbands TV show "Suits" (2011) aired on her 40th birthday.
- Daughter-in-law of Stephen Macht.
Jacinda Barrett Photoshoots
- "Melbourne Magazine" (Australia), December 2004, Iss. 025, by: Elliot V. Kotek, "Role Call"
- "Celebrity Skin" (USA), October 2004, Vol. 28, Iss. 133, pg. 34-35, by: staff, "Young, Hot & Nude: Jacinda Barrett"
- "Maxim" (USA), September 1998, Vol. 2, Iss. 7, pg. 121, by: Andrew Eccles, "The Fall Girls"