|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Jaci Velasquez GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 1,151|
|LAST UPDATED: November 2, 2012|
Jaci Velasquez Biography
- Jacquelyn "Jaci" Davette Velasquez (Spanish Jaci VelÃƒÂ¡squez, born October 15, 1979 in Houston, Texas) is an American Contemporary Christian and Latin pop singerÃ¢Â€Â”in both English and Spanish languages. Velasquez has sold almost five million albums around the world, recorded three Platinum and three Gold albums, and recorded 16 singles that hit No. 1 plus six more that hit the top-10. She has received seven Dove Awards including Best New Artist and Female Vocalist of the Year. Velasquez has co-hosted a morning radio show since late 2010.
Jaci Velasquez Filmography
- (2013) 11 Seconds as Jennie Blackwell
- (2013) Let the Lion Roar as Christian 3
- (2013) Rumors of Wars as Beth
- (2011) Jerusalem Countdown as Angie
- (2010) The Encounter as Melissa
- (2004) The Drop as Herself
- (2003) Chasing Papi as Patricia
- (2003) Los reyes magos as (uncredited)
- (2002) 2002 Billboard Latin Music Awards as Herself
- (2001) Doc as Penelope
- (2001) Taina as Herself
- (2000) The 1st Annual Latin Grammy Awards as Herself - Presenter
- (1999) 1999 ALMA Awards as Herself
- (1998) Hollywood Squares as Herself
- (1998) WOW Hits: The Videos 1999 as Herself
- (1990) CCM-TV as Herself
Jaci Velasquez Trivia and Facts
- Mysteriously lost her hearing at age 9, but quickly recovered.
- Has released 5 English language albums, and 4 Spanish ones.
- Shes a spokesperson for the Spanish portion of John Frieda ads.
- Shes been nominated for 1 Grammy, 1 Latin Grammy, 3 Latin Billboard Music Awards, and has been nominated and won many Dove Awards.
- Father David Velasquez is part of the Christian trio The Galileans.
- Her parents divorced in 2000; this deeply affected her.
- Wrote an inspirational book ("A Heavenly Place"; "Un Lugar Celestial") that was available in both English and Spanish
- Has released 16 #1 singles
- God So Loved was the first single to achieve #1 status on all of Christian Research Reports radio charts
- Recognized as the fastest selling solo debut recording artist in her genre
- First solo artist in the history of Christian music to reach Gold status with a debut album prior to the release of a sophomore project
- Llegar A Ti was the only debut single from any new artist to reach #1 on the Billboard Hot Latin Tracks chart in 1999
- With Llegar A Ti, Jaci became the first Christian artist to go to #1 on any Billboard Latin chart
- Llegar A Ti reached #1 on the Billboard Hot Latin Tracks chart and the Latin Pop chart
- Como Se Cura Una Herida was the most played song of 2001 on Latin radio
- Was the first artist to represent the Nashville music community and the Gospel music industry in the Best Latin Pop Performance category at the Grammy Awards
- Was a guest columnist for Campus Life Magazine
- Performed at the 2001 Presidential Inaugural Ceremonies
- International spokesmodel for Frizz-Ease hair care products by John Frieda
- Invited by President Bush and First Lady Laura Bush to perform in Washington, D.C. at the 2002 White House Salute to Gospel Music
- Performed both the U.S. and Mexico national anthems at World Cup soccer match in 2002
- The first album she remembers buying is U2s "The Joshua Tree"
- Hobbies include rock climbing, photography, shopping and driving her car
- Has 4 siblings: Mario, Julian, Mindy and Dion
- Although she performs Latin music, she does not speak Spanish fluently.
- Married Nic Gonzalez, lead singer of Christian/Latino Jam band Salvador, on December 17, 2006.
- Son, Zealand David Gonzalez, born 3 November 2007.
- Second son, Soren Arthur Gonzáles, born February 20, 2009. He weighed 8 lbs.