|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Laima Vaikule GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 358|
|LAST UPDATED: November 5, 2012|
Laima Vaikule Biography
- Laima Vaikule is a popular Latvian actress, singer, director and choreographer, best known in Europe and in the former USSR for such popular hits as "Vernisage" and "Charlie," among other songs. She was born on March 31, 1954, in CÃ„Â“sis, Latvia. Her parents moved to Riga when she was 3. Young Laima was fond of music and dancing. In 1966, at the age of 12, she took part in a competition of young singers and was noticed. From 1970 - 1973 she studied nursing at the Riga Medical College, while also continuing to sing with a band. Eventually she became a lead singer with a local band in Riga and worked night gigs at local clubs and restaurants for several years. In the 1980s she studied acting and directing at Moscow State Institute for Theatrical Arts (GITIS), graduating as actress and director.
Laima Vaikule Filmography
- (2011) Pesnya goda 2010 as Herself (as Layma Vaykule)
- (2011) Premiya Muz-TV 2011 as Herself - Performer/Presenter (as Layma Vaykule)
- (2010) Pesnya goda 2009 as Herself - Performer/Laureat (as Layma Vaykule)
- (2009) Pesnya goda 2008 as Herself - Guest Performer (as Layma Vaykule)
- (2009) Premiya Muz-TV 2009 as Herself - Presenter (as Layma Vaykule)
- (2002) Fabrika zvezd as Herself - Guest Performer
- (1993) VII Ezhegodnaya Kinopremiya Rossiyskoy Akademii kinematograficheskikh iskusstv as Herself, presenter, singer
- (1991) V russkom stile as
- (1985) Tantsy na kryshe as
Laima Vaikule Other Works
- Famous Latvian Singer.
- Director and choreographer for her own show.