|NUDE PICTURES: 1|
|Jacki Piper GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 24|
|LAST UPDATED: September 9, 2014|
Jacki Piper Biography
- Glamorous, beautiful and petite Jacki Piper was born in Birmingham in 1948 and mainly worked in rep in her earlier part of her career. In her salad days, she was billed as Jackie Crump, however this name was not considered sophisticated enough for the north of England theaters. Legend has it that Jackis new stage name was decided upon in the back of a trailer in a traffic jam on the way to a theatre in York. In 1969, she was called upon by Peter Rogers , the producer of the "Carry On" films. Jacki was cast as June in Carry on Up the Jungle (1970). She became an instant success in the "Carry On" films and her status in the films is certainly secure forever. Jacki was asked back on three other separate occasions and was cast in roles to replace popular actress Angela Douglas who had left the team. Jacki was also put under an exclusive contract during the early 1970s and is a self-confessed fan on "Carry On". She later left show-business to start a family, and actually became pregnant following her last "Carry On". In recent years, her popularity has been maintained due to the "Carry On" films and she says she receives more fan mail than ever before. It is certainly a waste that we do not see Jacki on our television screens more often.
Jacki Piper Filmography
- (2012) Run for Your Wife as
- (2011) Greatest Ever Carry On Films as Herself
- (2010) The Many Faces of... as Herself (also archive footage)
- (2010) The Unforgettable Terry Scott as Herself
- (2006) Carry on Quizzing as Various Characters (VG) (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (2002) Wire in the Blood as Mrs. Davis
- (2000) Doctors as Lesley
- (2000) Take a Girl Like You as Mrs. Bunn
- (1998) A Perfect Carry On as (archive footage)
- (1998) What's a Carry On? as Herself - Interviewee/Various Characters
- (1995) Backup as Jury Foreman
- (1995) Barbara as Angela Croft
- (1995) Dangerfield as Mrs. Talbot (as Jackie Piper)
- (1985) Mr. Love as Ida/Leo's Girlfriend
- (1984) The Bill as Mrs. Cox
- (1984) The Bill as Mrs. Leston
- (1983) What a Carry On as Myrtle Plummer (archive footage)
- (1983) What a Carry On as Sally Martin (archive footage)
- (1981) Carry on Laughing as June (archive footage)
- (1981) Carry on Laughing as June (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (1981) Carry on Laughing as Sally Martin (archive footage)
- (1981) Carry on Laughing as Sister (archive footage)
- (1979) Kelly Monteith as
- (1979) That's Carry On as Various characters (archive footage)
- (1978) Return of the Saint as Sally
- (1976) The Dick Emery Show as
- (1976) The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin as Esther Pigeon
- (1975) Hogg's Back as Pearl (I) (Series 1) (1975)
- (1975) The Rough with the Smooth as Helen
- (1973) The Love Ban as Pregnant Girl #2
- (1973) Thriller as Bride
- (1972) Carry on Matron as Sister
- (1971) Bruce Forsyth and the Generation Game as Herself
- (1971) Carry on at Your Convenience as Myrtle Plummer
- (1971) The Two Ronnies as Miss Green
- (1971) The Two Ronnies as Woman in Bed
- (1970) Carry on Loving as Sally Martin
- (1970) Carry on Up the Jungle as June
- (1970) Doctor in Trouble as Cockney Girl
- (1970) Film Night as Herself/ June
- (1970) The Man Who Haunted Himself as Secretary (uncredited)
- (1969) Softly Softly: Task Force as June
- (1966) Softly Softly as Mary Rhys
- (1965) Call My Bluff as Herself
- (1963) The Dick Emery Show as
- (1963) The Dick Emery Show as Herself
- (1962) Z Cars as Beth Bramley
Jacki Piper Trivia and Facts
- Started her rep career on the stage in Rhyl, Wales.
- Put under contact to Peter Rogers Productions for three years, after making Carry on Up the Jungle (1970).
- Replaced Angela Douglas in the "Carry On..." films.
- Her first "Carry On..." film was Carry on Up the Jungle (1970) and her last Carry on Matron (1972). She appeared in four "Carry On..." films and is considered one of the minor regular "Carry On..." performers.
- She became pregnant with her first son, Tim, during the filming of Carry on Matron (1972) , in Autumn 1971. She jokingly blames the film for this.
Jacki Piper Quotes
- [In reference to Carry on Up the Jungle (1970) ] "Frankie Howerd was wonderful to work with... he was extremely funny and he would have a hair piece which used to cause hilarity on the set."
- [In reference to Sid James ] "Sid was so laid back, and so was everyone on the set, especially Gerald Thomas . There was no starry tantrums, just laughter and games. The problem was trying to get everyone to work because we laughed so much."
- [Speaking about the "Carry On..." films] "I had no idea how popular they would become, they were so low budget, it was just another job."
- [Speaking about Joan Sims ] "Joan was very different, she was always in character for the "Carry On..." films. I got to know her very well. She would cry with laughter on the set, we always had to have our makeup redone because we were laughing so much."
- I got asked to go to Sheffield University for a talk on the "Carry On..." films. I was so touched.
- [Speaking about Joan Sims and her stand-in for a long nude shot in Carry on Up the Jungle (1970) ] "Joan was roaring with laughter during her body shots. She had a stand in for the body shot scenes and she kept saying doesnt my body look wonderful."
- [Speaking about Hattie Jacques when filming the "Carry On... films] "Thing about her is that she hated seeing herself on the screen, we used to film in the morning, then see rushes and then go to lunch. I hated seeing rushes too, so we would rush off straight to lunch at the canteen."
- [Speaking about Gerald Thomas ] "There was a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere on-set, created by Gerald."
Jacki Piper Other Works
- TV commercials for Cadbury's chocolate (2006). Sponsorship adverts for "Coronation Street" (1960) .
- TV commercial for Bounty Kitchen Towels (2007-8) Part of the archive footage used in the commercial featuring Carry on Loving (1970)
- TV commercial for Somerfield Supermarkets (2008)