|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Edie Brickell GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 1,332|
|LAST UPDATED: December 19, 2012|
Edie Brickell Biography
- Edie Arlisa Brickell (born March 10, 1966) is an American singer-songwriter widely known for 1988's Shooting Rubberbands at the Stars, the debut album by Edie Brickell & New Bohemians, which went #4 on the US Albums Chart. Brickell was born in Oak Cliff, Dallas, Texas. She attended high school at the Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in Dallas. She attended Southern Methodist University for a year and a half. In 1985, she made the decision one night in a bar to get up on stage with a local folk rock group, New Bohemians. She would join the band as lead singer. After the band was signed to a recording contract, the label changed the group's name to Edie Brickell & New Bohemians. Their 1988 debut album Shooting Rubberbands at the Stars became a critical and commercial success, with the big hit, "What I Am". The band's follow-up album, Ghost of a Dog (1990), did not fare as well. As a solo artist, Brickell released Picture Perfect Morning (1994) and Volcano (2003). In 2006 she reunited with some of the original members of New Bohemians and they released the album Stranger Things.
Edie Brickell Filmography
- (2009) Late Night with Jimmy Fallon as Herself - Musical Guest
- (2004) 2004 Jammys: The Theatre at Madison Square Garden as Herself
- (1993) Late Show with David Letterman as Herself
- (1993) Late Show with David Letterman as Herself - Guest
- (1993) Willie Nelson: The Big Six-0 as Himself
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself (as Edie Brickell & New Bohemians)
- (1989) Born on the Fourth of July as Folk Singer - Syracuse, NY
- (1989) The Arsenio Hall Show as Herself
- (1982) Late Night with David Letterman as Herself
- (1975) Saturday Night Live as Musical Guest
- (1972) Canada A.M. as Themselves
Edie Brickell Photoshoots
- "Playboy" (USA), September 1989, Vol. 36, Iss. 9, pg. 172, by: Paul Natkin, "Grapevine: Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing"
Edie Brickell Other Works
- Is the lead singer/songwriter for the group, 'Edie Brickell & New Bohemians' .
- (Widely distributed) Windows 95 CD, Goodtimes.avi Video of song
- (2013) CD: "Love Has Come to You" with 'Steve Martin (I)' .