|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Kate Humble GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 2,302|
|LAST UPDATED: October 27, 2012|
Kate Humble Biography
- Katherine 'Kate' Humble (born 12 December 1968) is an English television presenter, mainly for the BBC, specialising in wildlife and science programmes. She is also the current President of the RSPB, and Princess of Ternate. Born in Wimbledon to Nick Humble and Diana Carter, she grew up in Bray in Berkshire and attended the Abbey School in Reading.
Kate Humble Filmography
- (2012) Orbit: Earth's Extraordinary Journey as Herself - Presenter
- (2012) Volcano Live as Herself - Presenter
- (2012) Winterwatch as Herself - Presenter
- (2011) The Spice Trail as Herself - Presenter
- (2011) Welly Telly: The Countryside on Television as Herself
- (2011) Will It Snow? as Herself - Presenter
- (2010) Almost Famous III as Herself (archive footage)
- (2010) Lambing Live as Herself - Presenter
- (2010) Snow Watch as Herself - Presenter
- (2010) Wild Night In as Herself - Presenter
- (2009) Autumnwatch Unsprung as Herself - Presenter
- (2009) Chris Moyles Quiz Night as Herself
- (2009) The Frankincense Trail as
- (2007) Climate Change: Britain Under Threat as Herself - Presenter
- (2007) Expedition Pacific Abyss as Herself
- (2007) The Alan Titchmarsh Show as Herself
- (2007) Would I Lie to You? as Herself
- (2006) Autumnwatch as Herself - Presenter
- (2006) Seawatch as Herself
- (2006) Something for the Weekend as Herself
- (2006) The ONE Show as Herself
- (2006) The ONE Show as Herself - Wildlife Correspondent
- (2005) 8 Out of 10 Cats as Herself
- (2005) Amazon Abyss as Herself
- (2005) Page Turners as Herself
- (2005) Springwatch as Herself (archive footage)
- (2005) Springwatch as Herself - Presenter
- (2004) Britain Goes Wild with Bill Oddie as Presenter
- (2004) Who Do You Think You Are? as Herself
- (2003) Abyss Live as Presenter
- (2003) The Time Team Big Dig as Herself
- (2003) Time Commanders as Voice of the Computer (voice) (as Kate Graham)
- (2000) Animal Park as Presenter
- (2000) Breakfast as Herself
- (2000) Breakfast as Herself - Presenter, 'Lambing Live'
- (2000) Breakfast as Herself - Presenter, 'Springwatch'
- (2000) Breakfast as Herself - SpringWatch
- (2000) Breakfast as Herself - TV Presenter
- (2000) Breakfast as Herself - Wildlife Presenter
- (2000) Breakfast as Herself - Wildlife TV Presenter
- (2000) Rough Science as Herself - Presenter
- (2000) Rough Science as Host
- (2000) The Wright Stuff as Herself - Guest Panelist
- (1999) City Hospital as Presenter (1999)
- (1999) Holiday on a Shoestring as Presenter
- (1999) Loose Women as Herself
- (1997) Call My Bluff as Herself
- (1990) The Secret Life of Ian Fleming as The redhead (as Lauren Heston)
- (1982) Countdown as Herself
- (1982) Nature as Presenter
- (1978) Top Gear as Herself - Presenter
- (1969) Holiday as Presenter
- (1965) Tomorrow's World as Presenter (2002)
Kate Humble Trivia and Facts
- After leaving school, she spent time traveling through Africa from Cape Town to Cairo. She paid her way on the journey by working a variety of jobs, including driving safari trucks, working on a crocodile farm, waitressing, and performing as a magicians assistant - she was the girl who got sawed in half.
- Her paternal grandfather, Bill Humble, was a stunt pilot and a test pilot who worked on the testing of World War II aeroplanes. Her maternal grandfather, Stanley Carter, was also a WW II pilot; after being shot down he was imprisoned in Stalag Luft III and played a major part in the preparations for The Great Escape.
- Her wedding ring, an antique 18-carat gold band, is an old family heirloom that originally belonged to her great-grandmother.
- Shes a fully qualified Scuba diver.
- She has a pet dog called Badger.
- Although shes had a piercing in the upper cartilage of her left ear since her late teens, she didnt have her earlobes pierced until December 2008, the day after her 40th birthday.
- Lives in the Wye Valley with her husband. They have no children.
- She has a younger brother named Charlie.
- Shes suffered from Malaria twice. When she was 31, she caught Cerebral Malaria during a visit to Zanzibar and had to spend a week recovering in hospital. Two years later, she caught it again on a trip to Ghana.
Kate Humble Quotes
- [about working with Bill Oddie on "Springwatch" (2005) and "Autumnwatch" (2006) ] I never, ever get bored. Bill ranges from being unpredictable to downright difficult, but hes passionate about his subject and has made an awful lot of other people so, too. You cant knock that. Sometimes I could cheerfully throttle him, and we have some heated (unprintable) exchanges. But the bottom line is Im terribly fond of the old sod.
- [interview in The Sun, 19 November 2007] One of lifes great joys is dancing naked in the sun. It makes me feel so good. Even now, there are all sorts of places in the world where you can take your clothes off and not be seen.
- (on children - interviewed by Rosie Millard for The Times in October 2008) Ive never been interested. Women are always cross-examined about it. Men never are. I have a husband [the television producer Ludo Graham] whom I adore, godchildren whom I love. I think there are too many people in the world; not that thats why Ive decided not to do it. Its just not for me.
Kate Humble Other Works
- Article: "Head for the Hills [Swede Dreams]" by Kate Humble, The
- Independent Traveller, 29th September 2006, pg 6 -9, Independent News &
- Media Limited
Kate Humble Trademarks
- Tousled blonde hair