|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Katherine Moennig GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 2,155|
|LAST UPDATED: August 30, 2013|
Katherine Moennig Biography
- Katherine Sian Moennig (Pronounced meh-nig; born December 29, 1977)[dead link] is an American actress known for her role as Shane McCutcheon on The L Word, as well as Jake Pratt on Young Americans. In 2009, she starred as Dr. Miranda Foster on CBS Three Rivers. Moennig was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Broadway dancer Mary Zahn and violin maker William H. Moennig III. Moennig has a half-sister and a half-brother from the first marriage of her father.[dead link] Moennig is also the half-niece of actress Blythe Danner (who is the half sister of Moennig's father) and the cousin of actress Gwyneth Paltrow and director Jake Paltrow. Moennig is of German, Scottish and Irish descent.
Katherine Moennig Filmography
- (2013) Default as Juliana
- (2013) Ray Donovan as Lena
- (2013) Tegan and Sara's Heartthrob: The Interviews as Herself
- (2012) Gone as Erica Lonsdale
- (2011) The Lincoln Lawyer as Gloria
- (2010) Lez Chat as Athletic Woman
- (2009) Everybody's Fine as Jilly
- (2009) Three Rivers as Dr. Miranda Foster
- (2008) Reinventando Hollywood as Herself
- (2007) 10th Annual Ribbon of Hope Celebration as Herself
- (2006) 17th Annual GLAAD Media Awards as Presenter
- (2006) Art School Confidential as Candace
- (2006) Dexter as Michael Angelo
- (2005) Queer Edge with Jack E. Jett & Sandra Bernhard as Herself
- (2004) Invitation to a Suicide as Eva
- (2004) The L Word as Shane McCutcheon
- (2002) CSI: Miami as Mary Landis
- (2001) Love the Hard Way as Debbie
- (2001) Slo-Mo as Raven
- (2001) The Shipping News as Grace Moosup
- (2000) The Ice People as Wanja Kasczinksy
- (2000) Young Americans as Jacqueline 'Jake' Pratt
- (1999) Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Cheryl Avery
- (1990) Law & Order as Melissa Cobin
Katherine Moennig Trivia and Facts
- Had the central role in the music video for the Canadian band Our Lady Peace , the song was "Is Anybody Home".
- Mother, Dorothy Danner, is a Broadway dancer and father is a violin maker.
- Auditioned for Boys Dont Cry (1999).
- Graduate of the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Niece of producer Bruce Paltrow , actress Blythe Danner and actor Harry Danner. First cousin of director Jake Paltrow and actresses Hillary Danner and Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Mostly known for her role as Jake Pratt in "Young Americans" (2000).
- Her grandfather, William Moennig, hailed from Markneukirchen, a little German town famous for musical instruments.
- Is mostly known as Shane McCutcheon in the "The L Word" (2004).
- She has said that most of her friends growing up were boys, and that she was a huge tomboy. In her words: I had the biggest big wheels.
- She is known for choosing non-traditional roles, usually those that involve gender-bending. These roles include Jacqueline Jake Pratt in the television series "Young Americans" (2000) , and a male-to-female transsexual in an episode of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999) (Season 4, episode 21, "Fallacy").
- Shes trained in fencing, and says that if she wasnt an actress, shed be a marine biologist or in the FBI. As a little girl, she wanted to be a doorman.
- Has German and Irish ancestry.
- Mother, Mary Zahn, is a Broadway dancer and father is a violin maker.
- Has German, Scottish and Irish ancestry.
Katherine Moennig Quotes
- [on what shes learned from playing the role of Jake Pratt on "Young Americans" (2000) ] "The clothes are comfortable...but on a deeper level I learned that the competition between boys and girls isnt as strong as between women"
Katherine Moennig Other Works
- TV commercial for Fleet Bank (2002)
- (2000) Starred in the music video, "Is Anybody Home", by Canadian rock band, 'Our Lady Peace' (2000).
- (April 2006): Played "American Girl" in "Guardians", a play by 'Peter Morris (IV)' (The Culture Project, New York City, New York, USA).
Katherine Moennig Trademarks
- Deep, husky voice
- Frequently plays androgynous characters
- Short black hair