|NUDE PICTURES: 7|
|Kelli Garner GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 3,874|
|LAST UPDATED: June 28, 2017|
Kelli Garner Biography
- Kelli Garner was born in Bakersfield, grew up in Thousand Oaks, and currently resides in Calabasas, California. She began her career when she was discovered at a friends Bar Mitzvah, and made her film debut at age 16 in director Mike Mills s short Architecture of Reassurance (2000), a Sundance Film Festival entry. Her performance captured the attention of director Larry Clark (Kids (1995)), who cast her in her first feature film, in the role of the drug-addicted teen, Heather Swallers, in the controversial docudrama Bully (2001), establishing Kelli as a fiery young talent. After sharpening her teeth on television and independent films, the edgy young actress earned a part as the 1940s Hollywood ingénue (opposite Leonardo DiCaprio) in Martin Scorsese s The Aviator (2004) making her Moviefones Rising Star. Soon after, she reunited with Mike Mills in his 2005 Sundance Film Festival hit Thumbsucker (2005), and proved her ability to shine in comedy, and handle her first leading role, starring opposite Tommy Lee Jones in Man of the House (2005/I). Kelli just recently received rave reviews in New York for her Off-Broadway performance in "Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead". In her spare time, she enjoys playing the guitar and writing songs. With her multi-talents, winning smile, and on screen charm, Kelli is most definitely a breakout star waiting to happen.
Kelli Garner Filmography
- (2013) Horns as Glenna
- (2013) Two Wrongs as Jenny
- (2012) Neighbors as Maggie Jerritt
- (2011) Pan Am as Kate Cameron
- (2011) The Lie as Brianna
- (2011) The Marilyn Denis Show as Herself
- (2010) Going the Distance as Brianna
- (2010) Going the Distance: A Guide to Long Distance Dating as Herself
- (2010) My Generation as Dawn
- (2010) My Generation as Dawn Barbuso
- (2009) G-Force as Marcie
- (2009) Taking Woodstock as VW Girl
- (2009) The Six Wives of Henry Lefay as
- (2008) Lars and the Real Girl: A Real Leading Lady as Herself
- (2008) Lars and the Real Girl: The Real Story of... as Herself
- (2008) Red Velvet as Linda
- (2007) Lars and the Real Girl as Margo
- (2007) Normal Adolescent Behavior as Billie
- (2006) Dreamland as Calista
- (2006) Return to Rajapur as Samantha Hartley/Samantha Doyle
- (2005) American Dad! as Waitress (voice)
- (2005) London as Maya
- (2005) Man of the House as Barbara 'Barb' Thompson
- (2005) Piggy Banks as Archer
- (2005) The Toast as Bride
- (2005) The Youth in Us as Alicia
- (2005) Thumbsucker as Rebecca
- (2004) The Aviator as Faith Domergue
- (2003) Regular Joe as Nikki
- (2002) Hometown Legend as Josie
- (2002) Love Liza as Huffer Girl
- (2002) Outside as The Girl
- (2002) Related as
- (2001) Bully as Heather Swallers
- (2001) Da Mob as Melanie Spores (voice)
- (2001) Filmography as Herself
- (2001) Grounded for Life as Tracey
- (2000) Architecture of Reassurance as Heather (as Kelly Garner)
- (2000) This Is How the World Ends as Christmas
- (2000) Time Share as Kelly the Beach Girl
- (1999) Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Brittany O'Malley
- (1997) Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Kirstie
Kelli Garner Trivia and Facts
- Richard Kerner , a Hollywood manager, met Kellie at a friends bar mitzvah. He went on to manage Kellie for several years and was the person responsible for her landing the role in Bully (2001).
Kelli Garner Quotes
- Suddenly, Im 14 years old at a friends bar mitzvah, and Im doing a limbo dance in a really short skirt. Afterwards, this guy comes up to me and says, Well, arent you cute, and he gives me his card. Turns out he was in the film business, and six months later I was doing TV adverts and trying out for movies.
- OK, sure, I have a body. Ive had one since I was 16. But the attention it brings me, in life as well as in the industry, makes me really uncomfortable.
- Im mostly cast as the Lolita type, either a blonde bombshell Lolita, or the girl-with-black-hair-who-smokes-weed Lolita. Either way, Im inevitably the sexpot.
- Hollywood can be an ugly place, and it can do ugly things to you. I want to avoid that side of it as much as possible, and I also want to do so much more with my life than just act. Like travel, read books, open my own bakery.
- I really feel with this film that Ive been able to show my soul rather than my body. And thats a big relief. (On her role as the titular "Real Girl" in Lars and the Real Girl (2007) ).
Kelli Garner Photoshoots
- "Men's Health" (USA), November 2007, pg. 140-142, by: Mike Zimmerman, "Seduce Her With Smarts"
- "Cosmo girl" (USA), April 2007, pg. 120, "CG!s 2007 Fresh Faces of Hollywood"
- "Cosmo girl" (USA), April 2007, pg. 111, "April Cosmo Girl"
- "Nylon Guys" (USA), 2006, Iss. Spring 2006, pg. 22,30,31, by: Hobey Echlin, "Dream Girl"
- "ELLE" (USA), November 2005, Vol. XXI, Iss. 243, pg. 279, "Hollywood's New It Girls"
- "Ego Miami Magazine" (USA), October 2005, pg. 109 - 118, "Thumbs Up For Kelli Garner"
- "Esquire" (USA), October 2005, Vol. 144, pg. 66, by: Peter Martin, "Man at His Best"
- "Paper" (USA), October 2005, pg. 54 - 63, by: Pete Davis, "Welcom to un-Hollywood & Family Matters"
- "Paper" (USA), April 2005, by: Peter Davis, "Beautiful People"
- "Details" (USA), April 2005, Vol. 23, Iss. 06, pg. 184, by: Laura Brown, "The Next Big Thing"
- "Teen People" (USA), April 2005, pg. 132, by: Tia Williams, "Hot Spring/Electric Emerald"
- "Teen" (USA), March 2005, pg. 158, by: Blaine Zuckerman, "People Are Talking About"
- "Teen People" (USA), February 2005, pg. 6 & 96, by: S.T.B, "What's Next"
- "Giant" (USA), February 2005, pg. 66-69, by: Richard Dorment, "Pause"
- "Vanity Fair" (USA), January 2005, pg. 71, by: Krista Smith, "Vanities"
- "America" (USA), 2005, Iss. 04, pg. 172, "Film Nation - Sundance Portfolio"
- "The Sunday Times Magazine" (UK), 19 December 2004, pg. 9, "Next Big Thing"
- "V Magazine" (USA), 2004, Vol. Spring, by: Michael Martin, "Legally Blonde"
- "Nylon" (USA), October 2003, pg. 125, "The Unusual Suspects"
- "GQ" (USA), March 2003, pg. 326+331, by: Fred Woodward and Michael Hainey, "Casting Call"
- "InStyle" (USA), October 2001, Vol. 8, Iss. 12, pg. 122, by: Hal Rubenstein, "the Look/reverse physiology"
Kelli Garner Other Works
- (2000) Music video for the band Everything But The Girl, for the song "Temperamental"
- TV commercial for Ameritech (1999)
- TV commercial for Starburst (1999)
- TV commercial for Eggo Waffle (1998)
- TV commercial for World Soccer Cup (1998)
- Appeared as Billy Zane's dead wife in Staind's "Epiphany" music video,
- directed by Fred Durst.
- Appears in N.E.R.D's music video for the song "Provider"
- Appears in Green Day's "Jesus of Suburbia" video with co-star Lou
- Taylor Pucci from "Thumbsucker".
- Off Broadway Play "Dog Sees God" (2005)
- Off Broadway's Checkhov Play at the Classic Stage Company, "The Seagull" with Dianne Wiest and Alan Cumming (2008)