|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Kelly MacDonald GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 10,441|
|LAST UPDATED: August 30, 2013|
Kelly MacDonald Biography
- Scottish actress Kelly Macdonald was born and raised in Glasgow. Her parents divorced when she was young, and she was raised by her mother, a sales executive in the garment industry. She has one brother, David. As a hobby, she acted in an amateur theatrical club, which she enjoyed a great deal. Macdonald was working as a barmaid, when she saw a leaflet for an open casting call for a film. She went along and was cast as Diane in Trainspotting (1996). For this breakout role, she was nominated for a BAFTA Scotland Award and began a highly successful acting career. Other notable film projects include Stella Does Tricks (1996), Elizabeth (1998), Gosford Park (2001) and No Country for Old Men (2007). She won an Emmy for her role as Gina in The Girl in the Café (2005) and appeared as Helena Ravenclaw in the wildly popular Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011). In 2010, she won the role of Margaret Schroeder in "Boardwalk Empire" (2010). Macdonald is married to Travis bassist Dougie Payne, and they have a son, Freddie.
Kelly MacDonald Filmography
- (2013) Keira Knightley: Becoming Anna as Herself
- (2012) Anna Karenina as Dolly
- (2012) Brave as Merida (voice)
- (2012) The 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards as Herself - Nominee: Best Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or TV Movie
- (2011) Big Morning Buzz Live as Herself
- (2011) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 as Helena Ravenclaw
- (2011) The 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards as Herself - Nominee: Best Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
- (2011) The Decoy Bride as Katie Nic Aoidh
- (2010) Boardwalk Empire as Margaret Schroeder
- (2010) Boardwalk Empire as Margaret Thompson
- (2010) Boardwalk Empire as Margaret Thompson (credit only)
- (2010) Janela Indiscreta as Herself
- (2010) The People Speak UK as Herself
- (2009) In the Electric Mist as Kelly Drummond
- (2009) Skellig as Louise
- (2008) Choke as Paige Marshall
- (2008) The Making of 'No Country for Old Men' as Herself
- (2008) The Merry Gentleman as Kate Frazier
- (2007) Movie Connections as Diane (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (2007) No Country for Old Men as Carla Jean Moss
- (2007) Up Close with Carrie Keagan as Herself
- (2006) The 58th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards as Herself - Winner: Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie
- (2005) A Cock and Bull Story as Jenny
- (2005) All the Invisible Children as Jonathan's wife (segment "Jonathan")
- (2005) Lassie as Jeanie
- (2005) Nanny McPhee as Evangeline
- (2005) The Girl in the Café as Gina
- (2005) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy as Reporter
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself (as Kelly MacDonald)
- (2005) The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as Herself - Guest
- (2004) Finding Neverland as 'Peter Pan'
- (2003) Brush with Fate as Aletta Pieters
- (2003) Intermission as Deirdre
- (2003) State of Play as Della Smith
- (2001) Alias as Kiera MacLaine/Meghan Keene
- (2001) Gosford Park as Mary Maceachran
- (2001) Strictly Sinatra as Irene
- (2001) The Fear as Storyteller (2001)
- (2001) The Making of 'Gosford Park' as Herself
- (2000) House! as Linda
- (2000) Some Voices as Laura
- (2000) Two Family House as Mary O'Neary
- (1999) Entropy as Pia
- (1999) My Life So Far as Elspeth Pettigrew
- (1999) Splendor as Mike
- (1999) The Loss of Sexual Innocence as Susan
- (1999) Tube Tales as Emma (segment "Mr. Cool")
- (1998) Cousin Bette as Hortense Hulot
- (1998) Elizabeth as Isabel Knollys
- (1997) Corazón de... as Herself (archive footage)
- (1997) Dead Eye Dick as Wendy
- (1996) Flowers of the Forest as Amy Ogilvie
- (1996) Stella Does Tricks as Stella
- (1996) Trainspotting as Diane
- (1993) GMTV as Herself
- (1992) The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Herself
- (1971) Film '72 as Herself
- () Queer as
Kelly MacDonald Trivia and Facts
- 1999: Named as one of European films Shooting Stars by European Film Promotion.
- Auditioned for roles in The Matrix (1999) , Shakespeare in Love (1998) and Moulin Rouge! (2001).
- Trainspotting (1996) was released on Kellys 20th birthday.
- Was two months pregnant with her son Freddie when she completed filming on Choke (2008).
- Returned to work six months after giving birth to her son Freddie in order to begin filming Skellig (2009) .
- For her role on Boardwalk Empire (2010), she was named one of the "8 Actors Who Turn Television into Art," in cover story of The New York Times Magazine (9/11/11).
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 32, a son Freddie Peter Payne on March 9, 2008. Childs father is her husband, Dougie Payne.
- Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 36, a son Theodore William Payne on December 8, 2012. Childs father is her husband, Dougie Payne.
- She was the last person to be cast in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011). Subsequently she was the last person ever to join the large cast of the Harry Potter story.
Kelly MacDonald Quotes
- [on Trainspotting (1996) in 2012] I was uncomfortable with the explicit nudity. I was in denial, head in the sand about that days work. I just nodded my head and agreed and got along with it. But nuditys out now. You wont even get me in a bikini on set, frankly. Yeah, I was 19. It was a different body, a different life.
Kelly MacDonald Photoshoots
- "Playboy" (USA), October 2008, Vol. 55, Iss. 10, pg. 20, by: staff, "Tease Frame: Kelly MacDonald"
- "Premiere" (Czech Republic), March 2001, Vol. 2, Iss. 3, pg. 67, "Bingo!"
- "Premiere" (Czech Republic), March 2001, Vol. 2, Iss. 3, pg. 99, by: Jeffrey Thurnher/Corbis Outline
- "Playboy" (USA), November 1996, Vol. 43, Iss. 11, pg. 133, by: Bruce Williamson, "Sex In Cinema 1996"
Kelly MacDonald Other Works
- (1997) Played Donna in the UK premiere of "Hurlburly" by 'David Rabe' - Old Vic Theatre, London
Kelly MacDonald Trademarks
- Her talent with accents