|NUDE PICTURES: 0|
|Kimberley Joseph GALLERIES|
|NEWS ARTICLES: 197|
|LAST UPDATED: March 17, 2013|
Kimberley Joseph Biography
- Kimberley Joseph (born August 30, 1973) is a Canadian-Australian actress who is based in the United States. Joseph was born in Canada, raised on the Gold Coast in Australia, and educated in Switzerland. After returning to Australia, she began a degree at Bond University but dropped out at the age of 19 when she was cast in the soap opera Paradise Beach. She had no formal acting training but appeared in the soap for the 18 months it was produced. After Paradise Beach ended, she had casual work on Hey Hey It's Saturday before co-hosting the popular Seven Network series Gladiators. After two series of Gladiators, Joseph was eager to return to acting, so took the role of villain Joanne Brennan in Home and Away from 1995 to 1996. In 1999, she moved to the United States to study acting at the Atlantic Theater Company in New York, then spent 18 months unsuccessfully auditioning for roles in Los Angeles. In 2001, she was cast as Jo Ellison in the British television series Cold Feet. She appeared in the fourth and fifth series and returned to Australia two days after filming the final episode in 2002. In 2004, she appeared in a major recurring role as Dr. Grace Connelly in six episodes of the Australian soap opera All Saints. She returned to America after filming All Saints, where she got a small role as flight attendant Cindy Chandler in the pilot episode of Lost. The role was supposed to be a one-off in the pilot but a producer liked Joseph and the character, so brought her back for a recurring role in the second, third and sixth seasons. Away from acting, Joseph has been involved in efforts to highlight the effects of Soviet nuclear testing in Kazakhstan, including directing a short film.
Kimberley Joseph Filmography
- (2009) Lost: Destiny Calls as Cindy Chandler (archive footage) (uncredited)
- (2006) Lost: Revelation as Cindy Chandler (archive footage)
- (2005) 20 to 1 as Herself
- (2005) Fight Night as Tracey
- (2004) Go Big as Sophie Duvet
- (2004) Lost as Cindy Chandler
- (2004) Lost as Cindy Chandler (uncredited)
- (2004) Lost as Cindy Chandler (voice) (uncredited)
- (2003) Cold Feet: The Final Call as Herself
- (2003) Greeks on the Roof as Herself
- (1998) All Saints as Dr. Grace Connelly
- (1998) All Saints as Grace Connelly
- (1998) E! News as Herself (2000-2001)
- (1998) Tales of the South Seas as Clare Devon
- (1997) Cold Feet as Jo Ellison
- (1997) Cold Feet as Joe Ellison
- (1997) Murder Call as Andrea Thatcher
- (1997) Planet Hollywood and the All Star Cafe Melbourne Grand Opening as Herself - Host
- (1996) Water Rats as Mary Worth
- (1995) Gladiators as Herself - Host
- (1995) Gladiators Greatest Hits as Host
- (1995) Gladiators: The Ashes as Herself - Host
- (1995) Gladiators: The Ashes as Herself - Hostess
- (1995) Hercules: The Legendary Journeys as Nemesis
- (1993) Paradise Beach as Cassie Barsby
- (1993) Time Trax as Bikini Girl (as Kimberley Hawryluk)
- (1992) Gladiators as Herself - Hostess
- (1989) American Gladiators as Herself - Host
- (1988) Home and Away as Joanne Brennan
Kimberley Joseph Trivia and Facts
- Born in Vancouver but moved with her family at the age of 3.
- Studied in Switzerland and also in New York. She is also an accomplished ballet dancer.
- Is fluent in Spanish and French.
- Replaced Fay Ripley as a regular in the popular UK comedy drama "Cold Feet" (1997) , though she had previously appeared as a recurring character.
- Graduated from the Atlantic Theatre School in New York where her Lost (2004) co-star Matthew Fox also trained.
- Studied acting at New Yorks prestigious Alantic Theater Company, which was co-founded by William H. Macy and graduates also include Felicity Huffman and Jessica Alba.
- A former model.
- Kimberley appeared in the very first scene of Lost (2004) to be produced, It was the scene in which her character Cindy, the flight attendant, confronted Charlie (Dominic Monaghan ) seconds before the plane crashed. In fact Kimberley spoke the very first lines of the shows production.
- Kimberley Joseph was "picked up" by Chef Curtis Stone in a recent episode of TLCs "Take Home Chef" (2005). They cooked together for a "Girls Night Out" party. Kimberley said she was concentrating on photography and presented Curtis with a photo album of their day together at the end of the episode.
Kimberley Joseph Other Works
- Hosts the Australian version of "Gladiators".
- In 2007, Kimberly was featured as a mother of an Italian family in a
- commercial for Barilla pasta noodles.
- Was featured in a Swiffer Sweeper Vac commercial (2010)
- (September 2010) Commercial for Freestyle Lite Blood Glucose Test Strips.
- (August 2011) TV commercial for HughesNet satellite Internet - Actor